Fallout 3 Ported!

dafootballer

13 posts in this topic

http://forum.portingteam.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2326

GREEN

HOW TO

1. Install the game (MUST be version 1.0 or 1.0.0.14 or whatever CANNOT BE GOTY EDTION!!! ) also the wrapper has all the dlls already for fallout so it SHOULD work drag and drop from windows installtion if not install via wineskin, or if it asks to uninstall uninstall and reinstall it.

2. First thing i did (you might not even need this) was i downloaded a Windows Live Disabler

http://portingteam.com/redirect.php?htt ... hp?id=1086

I then went inside the wrapper (right click packaged contents) went to Contents/WS-Installer and ran the program

3. It SHOULD already be in fullscreen (even though its really not a bug in wineskin where sometimes its fullscreen and other times its not (ill try to find a fix) meaning you should go into Packaged Contents again and click on ScreenOptions and change it to full screen and match your resolution

*This fixes a mouse issue if for some reason it does not let you click go into Winecfg the graphics tab and emulate a virtual desktop thats another fix*

Um cant really think of anything else but report back this game works great

*Runs Super Smooth on NVIDIA GeForce 9400m

If you do need to change the SETTINGS by using the FalloutLauncher go into contents again and Wineskin Config change the executable to FalloutLauncher change your settings and put it back to Fallout3.exe (launching through the launcher did not work for me)

Link (i apologize for the size but the DLLS take up a {censored} load of space...)

Code:

Ported By: dafootballer

WineskinRC4: doh123

Bugs:

Lags during VATS but catches up after a while

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The game is not ported, it's just using an emulator like cider to run windows binaries.

Wine and Cider are not emulators, go learn more how they work.

the word "port" doesn't mean native either, so yes, its ported, wether the actual game is native to the OS or not.

I'd love to join the Porting Team site and try out this wrapper, but I've been waiting for two days now for my activation email and haven't gotten a response from the admin either. Anyone else having this problem?

check your junk email or try a different email site e.g. yahoo or gmail it might be the email site your using

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...