[GUIDE] Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R 10.6.2 Snow Leopard (Empire EFI)

arsoneffect

33 posts in this topic

Okay so I am up and sorta running-

GA EX58 UD3R

i7 920

6 GB OCZ Memory

PNY Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 1 GB

320 Caviar Blue

LG SATA DVD drive

so far that is it!

I used the Empire EFI X58 disc and finally after several attempts got it loaded and working okay-

One issue!

at first the graphics card was recognized and working but after reboot and running my hack and Kext Utility and rebooting, it doesnt recognize the card and all attempts to make it happen arent working. I dont know how to install a kext or where to put it, so if someone could help my kook self (to use a surf term) or noob as I have seen I would really appreciate it!

I am really pleased about most things- I just want to get the graphics card back to where it was.

Should I upgrade? will that fix my issue with the 9800? I had a friend tell me to install the Linux driver and that would work- Thought I would ask here first! Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Does not work.!

when using the P55/Nvidia GTX 2xx version, EFI don't want to boot the CD. It discovers the CD allright, when i try to boot on it, it loads something (why white text on white background? :/ ) and then goes back to mainscreen.

When using the latest regular version, it resets when starting the osx installer. That is the exact same problem as PC-EFI.

It does not help if i set the busratio option to 24. The same problem appears.

My machine is a GA-p55-ud2, 6 gb ddr3, Gigabyte GTS 250.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to buy the same mobo and processor. I wonder if you have problems on and shutdown, but especially with sleep and wake up. I use this option because hardly ever turn off my machine, I leave my programs and documents open and the browser full of tabs, so when I am ready to work in seconds.

Thanks in advance

:)

BIOS Settings:

All power saving features and Intel Turbo Boost are disabled in BIOS.

@arsoneffect: Sorry do not understand. You mean the Turbo Boost is not active in OS X?

:wacko:

• 4 months later...

Hi I know this post is a little old but I was hoping I could get some help. I have almost the same set up I am using the ga-x58-ud3r rev 2 MB and I managed to get 10.6.3 retail installed although it said It could not be installed at the end of the installer But i read that it gives that error a lot. now when I try to boot -x shows cpu halt then after about 2 seconds it says what looks like "shutdown" and that is what it does the computer doesn't try to reboot unless you hit the power button again it just shuts down. it looks like there is something before and maybe after the "shutdown" but it happens to quick to read. you maybe have about 1/8 second when it comes up. one time it looked like there was going to be another line after the shutdown line but i couldn't tell. does anyone know what is wrong? thanks