GMA950 27a2 Vaio UX,TX ( IT'S WORKING NOW )

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Airfly

Airfly

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

10.6.2 stock kext

Hi Neos, thank you so much, those works for me so far so good.

eserfeliz

eserfeliz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

At first it didn't work, so i thought why not copy all the 10.5.8 appleintelgma* and appleintelintergratedframblabla (this is

a old kext 1.4.18) to snow leopard.

Copied all into S/L/E chown , chmod and clear kextcache repair disk and reboot.

It didn't work and only came out black screen with horizantal lines but can see the mouse clearly.

So i boot into safe mode replace back the original kext EXCEPT leaving the old appleintelintegratedframebuffer (1.4.18)

chown, chmod and clear kextcache repair disk and reboot.

But this time i reboot in verbose mode and SL detected the GMA950.

Thanks for this, neos, I struggled with this for days before finding your post.

chatdeau

chatdeau

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So i boot into safe mode replace back the original kext EXCEPT leaving the old appleintelintegratedframebuffer (1.4.18)

Front row works now.

I confirm this also works for Toshiba A100 laptops.

Thanks a lot for this :(

Filip Stastny

Filip Stastny

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Neos,
thanks very much, I tried to make QE work on my 0x27a2 for amlost a weak and no success until I found your post...
You're the best... :wacko:

Espionage724

Espionage724

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
I was able to use default kexts on Snow Leopard though with a EFI string.

I'm about to reinstall Snow Leopard here soon so I'll see if I can redo whatever I did before :(

Espionage724

Espionage724

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
GMA950 + Normal Kexts works just fine (didn't test games but CI I know for sure works great)

sendblink23

sendblink23

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Bassist for the band: "La Hermana De Miguel" - http://myspace.com/lahermana...
Worked for me just having the Retail Snow GMA kext and adding your old: AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext (1.4.18)

I before was only getting display through VGA with Full Q'E... now finally on my Laptop's Display =D

Acer Aspire 3680 - 100%
Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 (1.67Ghz/1.66Ghz)
Intel 950 GMA - Retail Snow GMA kexts + AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext (1.4.18)
2gb Ram
120gb 7200rpm (Retail Snow 10.6.2 - Empire EFI v10.8.5) / 320gb 7200rpm (Windows 7 Ultimate x64)
AR5005G works 100% (pci168c,1a inside AirPortAtheros.kext) <- IO80211Family.kext
Marvel Yukon 88E8038 works 100% (435211ab inside Yukon2.kext) <- IONetworkingFamily.kext + IOPCMCIAFamily.kext (Chunan's 10.5.6)
Bluetooth works 100% Retail Snow kexts
Onboard Keyboard & Mouse with PS2 patch
Onboard Audio with AppleHDA.kext (from old iAtkos v7 install)

All original no modded hardwares... Now finally works @ 100% thanks to neos

Noodle09

Noodle09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Anybody having sleep/wakeup issue? By using this solution, screen stick at blue screen after wake up.

Install of use 1.4.18 AppleIntelIntegatedFrameBuffer with stock of rest, I'm using 1.6.6 of all (AppleIntelIntegatedFrameBuffer, AppleIntelGMA950xxx). CI fine, sleep/wakeup fine. Only issue is I cannot use Aperture 3.x.

mianos

mianos

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I get multi colored vertical lines (sometimes they move to a nearly complete white screen after a while) with every AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer... (10.6.2 stock and this one frome this thread)

I have a VAIO VGN-TX5XN here and a fresh SNWL-10.6.2 vanilla install on it...

it looks like you can see on the (bad) picture i attached...
Attached File  Foto.jpg   116.51KB   83 downloads

neos

neos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

I get multi colored vertical lines (sometimes they move to a nearly complete white screen after a while) with every AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer... (10.6.2 stock and this one frome this thread)

I have a VAIO VGN-TX5XN here and a fresh SNWL-10.6.2 vanilla install on it...

it looks like you can see on the (bad) picture i attached...
Attached File  Foto.jpg   116.51KB   83 downloads

Try rebooting into safe mode and repair disk in disk utility, connect your vaio to a external monitor.

You just need the old appleintelintegratedframebuffer. (1.4.18)

Try this.

Attached File  AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.zip   63.07KB   286 downloads

breethagh

breethagh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Hey.
I got my friends maxdata laptop with 950GM 1GB RAM onboard
950 working with QE/CI and resolution change,
but when i put additional 2GB RAM Snow hanging up booting.
I put 2 different 2GB RAM's and none of them work.
Today i put there 1GB RAM and SL boot w/out problem.
SL boots with 3GB RAM (1onboard + 2 additional) only when i disable GMA950 kexts.
So i think its maybe video ram allocation problem.
Maybe there is a way to edit GMA 950 kexts to support more than 2GB ram?

MauroX2

MauroX2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello, runs natively on 64bit?, Or is it for 32bit?

CaulkSqueeze

CaulkSqueeze

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So I'm all up and running, but the only problem I have run into is the cursor artifacts issue. In certain text boxes such as the itunes search box, when clicking it or running the cursor across it, causes a copy of the cursor to be stuck and a gray box to appear at the top left.

I was just wondering if there's a fix for this, small issue, but can be annoying at times.

thanks for the guide! at least everything is working except for the small issue.

10.6.3 on a Dell E1505

Andrew Paul Buttigieg

Andrew Paul Buttigieg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

At first it didn't work, so i thought why not copy all the 10.5.8 appleintelgma* and appleintelintergratedframblabla (this is

It didn't work and only came out black screen with horizantal lines but can see the mouse clearly.

Front row works now.

Posted Image

10.6.2 stock kext

Hi NeOS,

I would liek to install SNow Leopard 10.6.3 on my Sony Vaio VGN-TX .. can you please guide me trough the process thanks...

virustwin

virustwin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi NeOS,

I would liek to install SNow Leopard 10.6.3 on my Sony Vaio VGN-TX .. can you please guide me trough the process thanks...

is gma 950 the same thing as gma 4500?

Andrew Paul Buttigieg

Andrew Paul Buttigieg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi NeOS,

I installed snow leopard 10.6.3 on my VGN-TX3XP but when i replace your integrated kext file my monitor works fine with all whistles and acceleration but my laptop screen has garbaged lines.. WHat can i do to repair this issue ?

Thanks

xhmend

xhmend

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Front row works now.

Posted Image

10.6.2 stock kext

Just want to Thank you sooooooo much. Finally My IBM X60 is working by your guaid. Thanks agian.

Andrew Paul Buttigieg

Andrew Paul Buttigieg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Just want to Thank you sooooooo much. Finally My IBM X60 is working by your guaid. Thanks agian.

Hi Guys solved the problem related to garbaged screen on LCD -This is caused because of Refresh rate set too high not because of a non working driver... Install SwitchRes4 before setting up the integrated kext. After that load the system with the old integrated kext and connect to a monitor. Set up the resolution for the lcd with 60Hz by right clicking on the monitor and selecting mirror mode.. After that install DisplayConfigX and set ur prefered resolution with 60Hz on the LCD.

P.S you can still use SwitchRes4 but i couldnt set-up the 1366x748 resolution with it thats why i installed DisplayConfigX.

mosfet321

mosfet321

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hehe sorry for the English is not very good.

Hello everyone.

Thank you very much for your help Neo, after trying many solutions for Intel 27A2 on notebook and Snow Leopard, infinite kexts! example GMA_0x27AE8086_Snow_Leopard_Fix finally with the files that you provide I installed SL on a Gateway notebook model CX2735m and everything works perfectly (change the intel Wi-Fi for a Broadcom), I tried with no luck Iatkos S3 Intel GMA950 27a2 kext.

My solution was:

Manually delete the files in System/Library/Extensions

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
AppleIntelGMA950.kext
AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin
AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle
AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext
AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext
AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin
AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle

Then copy your kexts to S/L/E
Use Disk Utility to repair permissions. IMPORTANT: Kext Utility and OSX86Tools did not work to install the kexts and repair permissions I did so manually in a desperate attempt and it worked! thank you very much Neo.
I did it with an external monitor 1024x768 (notebook LCD show only apple boot logo) in normal boot no safe mode reboot and everything works!!

Thanks Neo! finally leave the old 10.5.8 ;)

julixxxx

julixxxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry to bump an old thread but using stock kexts from 10.6.6 and the old appleintelintegratedframebuffer.kext ie 1.4.18 worked perfectly for me

Sony VGN-TX47GP

Thanks so much neos, you're a lifesaver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy