Acer Aspire Revo Hackintosh?

85 posts in this topic

One question:

If you have any USB 2.0 device plugged in and then sleep the machine. After you wake it up, will your USB 2.0 device working without unplug/replug? I found that on my R1600, USB 1.1 or 1.0 device working after sleep/wakeup (keyboard, mouse for example), but not USB 2.0 device (usb flash drive, usb wireless adapter for example).

Thanks

Noodle

Give the ones attached on this post a go. You should end up with everything working besides audio over HDMI.

I don't really know if this'll work but if you swap the chameleon boot file with the one I posted on the Plex forums and use LegacyUSB=Off you may be able to get it to boot. I guess your other option would be to install from another machine by taking the hard drive out or something similar. Kind of a hassle but definitely worth it I think.

PS: Just fixed the issue with blue screen on booting with HDMI. :)

Sorry for the delay, got to other stuff.

Well, r3610 is a little slow with a website like http://www.behr.com/. Playing youtube stuff is fine though.

BTW: for audio, just got it working today, ended up using ALC662.kext injector in E/E folder with AppleHDA.kext v 1.8.7f1 in S/L/E folder, and dsdt with some edits (below for anybody who is interested).

Finally! Audio with no crackles.

Cheers.

Device (HDEF)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x00080000)

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)

{

0x15,

0x05

})

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x0C)

{

"built-in",

Buffer (One)

{

0x00

},

"codec-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x62, 0x06, 0xEC, 0x10

},

"layout-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x96, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00

},

"device-type",

Buffer (0x12)

{

"Realtek ALC662"

},

"PinConfigurations",

Buffer (One)

{

0x00

},

"hda-gfx",

Buffer (0x0A)

{

"onboard-1"

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

Hi,

I've got an R3610 and interested in running SL on it. Got it running on all my other computers but this one seems trickier!

I've not got access to a USB DVD drive (Argh! Can't find it!) and so have to do it all with USB Drives. I've got the retail SL disk, I've restored it to my 8GB SD card which is in a USB reader. Installed MyHack on it and it boots fine. But then gets stuck on 'Still waiting for root device'.

Any help? I've looked around and not many people seem to have done an install without a DVD drive and those that have haven't documented how they made it work!

Would really appreciate some help, I can provide more info if needed?!

Thanks!

P.S. @ El Massman - Been following your posts on the Plex forum for a while and great job with the R3610! Can't believe you've got so much to work in such little time! Good stuff and thanks for documenting it all as well! It'll be very helpful to me when I get the SL install disk usb to get past the 'Still waiting for root device' error!

:(

One question:

If you have any USB 2.0 device plugged in and then sleep the machine. After you wake it up, will your USB 2.0 device working without unplug/replug? I found that on my R1600, USB 1.1 or 1.0 device working after sleep/wakeup (keyboard, mouse for example), but not USB 2.0 device (usb flash drive, usb wireless adapter for example).

Thanks

Noodle

Yeah, it works just fine. There's a patched version of chameleon available at the link I posted which disables legacy usb. I've had no problems with it.

Sorry for the delay, got to other stuff.

Well, r3610 is a little slow with a website like http://www.behr.com/. Playing youtube stuff is fine though.

BTW: for audio, just got it working today, ended up using ALC662.kext injector in E/E folder with AppleHDA.kext v 1.8.7f1 in S/L/E folder, and dsdt with some edits (below for anybody who is interested).

Finally! Audio with no crackles.

Cheers.

Device (HDEF)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x00080000)

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)

{

0x15,

0x05

})

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x0C)

{

"built-in",

Buffer (One)

{

0x00

},

"codec-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x62, 0x06, 0xEC, 0x10

},

"layout-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x96, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00

},

"device-type",

Buffer (0x12)

{

"Realtek ALC662"

},

"PinConfigurations",

Buffer (One)

{

0x00

},

"hda-gfx",

Buffer (0x0A)

{

"onboard-1"

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

Does that enable HDMI audio? I've used the exact same setup and adding the gfx bit always disables all my outputs. Is that with the 10.6.2 appleHDA?

Nope, no HDMI. I don't know what kernel the AppleHDA comes from, I've lost track of them all. I'm currently running 64bit 10.6.4. It has been patched from some CPU ID or something changed.

Yeah, it works just fine. There's a patched version of chameleon available at the link I posted which disables legacy usb. I've had no problems with it.

Does that enable HDMI audio? I've used the exact same setup and adding the gfx bit always disables all my outputs. Is that with the 10.6.2 appleHDA?

I don't think they are same issue. I already applied that legacy usb patch, without that patch, system cannot use USB device without disable USB 2.0. That patch just disable legacy usb during startup. I'm talking about USB sleep and wakeup issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello there!! ;)

I have the Acer Aspire R3600. It runs on Windows 7 and i would like to make it run Snow Leopard.My problem is that i can't boot up the retail DVD.... I have tried: Empire EFI, Rebel EFi, and also tried modifying the Chameleon 2.0 RC3 with DSDT, smbios and kexts which i found on other blogs...No success.... With Empire EFI the boot stops somewhere telling me that "No DSDT found. Leaving ACPI data as is" or something like that, and it ends up with the line "Press any key to continue".When i press any key the screen becomes black, not turned off, just black, and nothing happens... Not even a restart..... With Rebel EFi and modded Chameleon after the disc is identified, the grey screen with the apple pops up and still nothing happens.... What am i doing wrong??? Please tell me....

• 1 month later...
Hello there!! :P

I have the Acer Aspire R3600. It runs on Windows 7 and i would like to make it run Snow Leopard.My problem is that i can't boot up the retail DVD.... I have tried: Empire EFI, Rebel EFi, and also tried modifying the Chameleon 2.0 RC3 with DSDT, smbios and kexts which i found on other blogs...No success.... With Empire EFI the boot stops somewhere telling me that "No DSDT found. Leaving ACPI data as is" or something like that, and it ends up with the line "Press any key to continue".When i press any key the screen becomes black, not turned off, just black, and nothing happens... Not even a restart..... With Rebel EFi and modded Chameleon after the disc is identified, the grey screen with the apple pops up and still nothing happens.... What am i doing wrong??? Please tell me....

am turn off the smart fan in the bios so it can boot (iatkos s3 v2 tested)

• 2 weeks later...