• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Nikola22

Nikola22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Tested, works like a little baby. Problem was in hax device & vendor ID, tested in iPC 10.5.6

Download from RTL web site original driver, install it, replace kext with this one, repair disk premiss and enjoy in ur new wlan :D

Edit: tested with 10.5.8 update, works ok. u just need to restore ur old USB kext fix.
comment if this works with ur wlan adapter

Image of working driver:

Attached File  Picture_1.png   585.19KB   1679 downloads

Attached Files

chugglet

chugglet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Tested, works like a little baby. Problem was in hax device & vendor ID, tested in iPC 10.5.6

Download from RTL web site original driver, install it, replace kext with this one, repair disk premiss and enjoy in ur new wlan :(

Edit: tested with 10.5.8 update, works ok. u just need to restore ur old USB kext fix.

Hello

I'm new to the whole MAC thing and have managed to get 10.5.5 installed and everything working really well apart from wireless. I have an internal 8187B card but cannot get it to work. How do I go about installing your driver? What do you mean by replacing kext and repairing disk premiss etc.

Thanks in advance

PS believe it or not I'm an IT Engineer but on PC's not MAC!!!

Nikola22

Nikola22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Hello

I'm new to the whole MAC thing and have managed to get 10.5.5 installed and everything working really well apart from wireless. I have an internal 8187B card but cannot get it to work. How do I go about installing your driver? What do you mean by replacing kext and repairing disk premiss etc.

Thanks in advance

PS believe it or not I'm an IT Engineer but on PC's not MAC!!!

Download latest driver from official RTL web site.

- http://www.realtek.c...;Downloads=true

At the end of page u will see RTL8187B drivers, download for Mac.

now make SURE that ur device is found in System Profiler / USB (must have patched USB kext fix)

1. Install official driver
2. Open Utilities - Terminal

type sudo -s
type ur root password / and hit enter

type cd /System/Library/Extensions
rm -rf RTL8187Bt.kext/
and install new kext that u downloaded from this web site. (u can use some kext installer or just copy file to that location)
Now go to Utilities - Disk Utility select ur partition and press Repair Disk Permissions

u dont even need to reboot ur pc, device will be found upon disk repair or kext install by some tool.

Hope that this will help u out.

Note: U must have patched USB kext. im uploading mine now here.

Note: this staff works even on 10.5.8 mac version.

Attached Files

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Download latest driver from official RTL web site.

- http://www.realtek.c...;Downloads=true

At the end of page u will see RTL8187B drivers, download for Mac.

now make SURE that ur device is found in System Profiler / USB (must have patched USB kext fix)

1. Install official driver
2. Open Utilities - Terminal

type sudo -s
type ur root password / and hit enter

type cd /System/Library/Extensions
rm -rf RTL8187Bt.kext/
and install new kext that u downloaded from this web site. (u can use some kext installer or just copy file to that location)
Now go to Utilities - Disk Utility select ur partition and press Repair Disk Permissions

u dont even need to reboot ur pc, device will be found upon disk repair or kext install by some tool.

Hope that this will help u out.

Note: U must have patched USB kext. im uploading mine now here.

Note: this staff works even on 10.5.8 mac version.

I have a Patched IOUSBFamuly.kext already will this still work?

I need to install the IOUSBFamily.kext because my USB wont wont work without it in Snow Leopard.

I have a Toshiba Satellite l305 with the RTL8187B internal WIF card.

Nikola22

Nikola22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
didnt test it with 10.6, done have time, working on QE for GMA x4500. try it and report back if u wana, and if u have already patched usb kext u dont need to put mine. just make sure that ur device is recognized in system profiler

Composite Device:

Product ID: 0x8198
Vendor ID: 0x0bda (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)
Version: 2.00
Serial Number: 00e04c000001
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Manufacturer_Realtek
Location ID: 0xfd600000
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

didnt test it with 10.6, done have time, working on QE for GMA x4500. try it and report back if u wana, and if u have already patched usb kext u dont need to put mine. just make sure that ur device is recognized in system profiler

Composite Device:

Product ID: 0x8198

my product id is different...?

does it matter?

Guest: cavallo_*

Guest: cavallo_*
  • Guests
there is an easier way, which is going to the RTL8187bt kekt in system/library/extensions and on the line where integer is 33161 modifie it to 33175.
No usb fix or anything else, just an editor like bbedit or plist edit pro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

there is an easier way, which is going to the RTL8187bt kekt in system/library/extensions and on the line where integer is 33161 modifie it to 33175.

Ok, thaks for quick reply you have been much help.

Ok, thaks for quick reply you have been much help.

this is my info could you tell me what I need to change exactly?

Composite Device:

Product ID: 0x8197

Nikola22

Nikola22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

If he update system to new version, he will not have usb device recognized.

Michael944

Michael944

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Download from RTL web site original driver, install it, replace kext with this one, repair disk premiss and enjoy in ur new wlan :D

comment if this works with ur wlan adapter

Image of working driver:

Attached File  Picture_1.png   585.19KB   1679 downloads

My Wlan card 8187B detecting by system like ethernet. Do you have solve this problem?

Nikola22

Nikola22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

My Wlan card 8187B detecting by system like ethernet. Do you have solve this problem?

Its detected like en1, but in Network u dont need to do anything, just work with RTL software. And i dont see problem if device is detected like Ethernet.

Michael944

Michael944

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Its detected like en1, but in Network u dont need to do anything, just work with RTL software. And i dont see problem if device is detected like Ethernet.

Thanks for help. My WiFi card working. Now I will try make audio HDA.

brizone

brizone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
So is this working on 10.6.x then, or what??

PeterInSzczecin

PeterInSzczecin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

So is this working on 10.6.x then, or what??

Good news.. :-)

I've got Snow Leopard 10.6.2..
Following the simple instructions from cavallo and a reboot (to be sure) I got the Realtek Interface and a fully working connection :-) Excellent !

(It's in a Pentagram P6122-14 usb stick, WPA2-PSK with AES encryption.)

So with the source routing in 10.6 I've got 2 wifi working connections and natd running on the UMTS ppp0 interface.
Nice stuff !
Thanks cavello ! :wacko:

riddick_kawaii

riddick_kawaii

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i having problems with this done the usb patch, and teh one for teh wifi card but under network im getting nothing and if i press assist me its reporting that everything has failed

plus the realtek crab just bounces and hangs

dejavu18

dejavu18

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Following the simple instructions from cavallo and a reboot (to be sure) I got the Realtek Interface and a fully working connection :-) Excellent !

So with the source routing in 10.6 I've got 2 wifi working connections and natd running on the UMTS ppp0 interface.
Nice stuff !
Thanks cavello ! :thumbsup_anim:

x32 or x64 ???

rrroca

rrroca

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Does anyone know if there is a modified kext for Snow x64? The kext for realtek's site work without any problems for me on 10.6.3 32 bits but it's not compatible with 64 bits

chriswillb

chriswillb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Nice stuff !
Thanks cavello ! :unsure:

So you didn't install the original realtek driver? You just installed the one that nikola posted and did cavallo's method? BTW i am in SL 10.6.2 like you and i could get driver working in Leo but it couldn't connect to my WPA-2 homehub :( , so if i can get this driver working, then i should be able to get internet, is that right? :D

tomsawyer_79

tomsawyer_79

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry if my english is bad. I Have the realtek 8187b chip but not a usb dongle. Its internal in my toshiba laptop. Is it possible to make it work? I tried de usb driver but it didnt work as i expected.

I have leopard 10.5.2. If someone could help i would be much apreciated.

Tks

Squelchy

Squelchy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Sorry if my english is bad. I Have the realtek 8187b chip but not a usb dongle. Its internal in my toshiba laptop. Is it possible to make it work? I tried de usb driver but it didnt work as i expected.

I have leopard 10.5.2. If someone could help i would be much apreciated.

Tks

I have the exact same issue as riddick and my wlan is also chipset not dongle as yours tomsawyer, so, did you solved it already???, please Heeeeeeeelp!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy