• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

ayame

ayame

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I wanted to start a new topic for 10.6.2, but there was written, that i have not the right to do... Ok, so i wrote a guide in my personal block. I hope all want to help me to get this laptop fully working!

http://chems-chaos.d...pard-dual-boot/ (only German)

http://chems-chaos.d...6-0-auf-10-6-2/ (English and German)

Please contact me under the adress of my blog if you find bugs in my english language ;-)

skeezicks

skeezicks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Nice job ayame! Very thorough! This will definitely help all who have a g550. Kind of makes me wish I didn't waste those hours trying to figure things out and just wait for your blog post. :rolleyes:

ayame

ayame

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Please help to get this Hackbook fully working :( I am missing some Feedbacks on my block, and inputs with other kexts ^^

gektor

gektor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
is any usb-wifi adapter good for osx? I found a lot $1 wifi adapters at eBay, but not sure whether osx is able to support them.

ayame

ayame

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
please read on chems-chaos, you doesnt need external Wifi ;-) if you have question, comment on my blog ;)

gektor

gektor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

please read on chems-chaos, you doesnt need external Wifi ;-) if you have question, comment on my blog ;)

Unfortunately I do need an external wifi, because my notebook is equipped with an Intel 5100 wifi card, while chems-chaos has BCM4312. Also it seems he doesn't have NVidia 105M.

For example here they mention that this adapter supports OSX 10.6, but does it work with a hackintosh?

Do wifi-usb adapters require drivers? I found Edimax-EW-7711UTN at a local store. The problem is that I have no idea whether it works with OSX.

gektor

gektor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
My story of successful installation:
1. Installation image - SnowOSX uniflash.
2. Video support for Nvidia G 105M - out of the box! Just add <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>yes</string> to com.apple.Boot.plist. All resolutions are accessible. Video playback is ok.
3. Sound - VoodooHDA.
4. TouchPad - no taps. Tried to install VoodooPS2Controller and to replace Trackpad.prefPane. Still no taps.
5. Power management and battery control - VoodooBattery.kext and VoodooPowerMini.kext.
6. WiFi Intel 5100 - doesn't work. I'm buying a wifi usb adapter.

imayoda

imayoda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hi all,

FYI I succeded installing Hazard on low end Lenovo G530 using Hazard 10.6.2.

Only native resolution with x3100 fixed kext and I installed Voodoo packages for battery, PS2 and power just posted above for 550.

530 has Broadcom eth and wlan, but none of them are working.

Proceeding investigation :rolleyes:

gektor

gektor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I just wonder - is there any way to replace the G550 wifi card without to damage the warranty?

imayoda

imayoda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Hi all,

FYI I succeded installing Hazard on low end Lenovo G530 using Hazard 10.6.2.

Only native resolution with x3100 fixed kext and I installed Voodoo packages for battery, PS2 and power just posted above for 550.

530 has Broadcom eth and wlan, but none of them are working.

Proceeding investigation :)

sorry for autoquote. 

I have succeded installing airport with brand new kext found on deviato's site.. he has a dell but similar.

I'm satisfied and stopping investigation

See u soon  :)

gektor

gektor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
What wireless card do you have?

imayoda

imayoda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

What wireless card do you have?

bcm94312mcg

broadcom thing :D

gektor

gektor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

bcm94312mcg
broadcom thing :wacko:

Good for you! Unfortunately, mine has got an intel 5100 card and there is no any support for it. I've bought a wifi->usb adaptor.

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hi G550 lovers :rolleyes:

i have model with gforce 210m
when i try those injector drivers my 10.6.0 desktop is ultra slow... for example to render window i need to wait up to 30 sec. !!!!!!????

if i boot in safe mode gfx card is recognised and working...

is there better kexts for my card or i'm doing something wrong?

regards!

gektor

gektor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I suggest you to try GraphicsEnabler = Yes in the boot.plist file. Don't add any video injector during the installation.

Hi G550 lovers :)

i have model with gforce 210m
when i try those injector drivers my 10.6.0 desktop is ultra slow... for example to render window i need to wait up to 30 sec. !!!!!!????

if i boot in safe mode gfx card is recognised and working...

is there better kexts for my card or i'm doing something wrong?

regards!

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

I suggest you to try GraphicsEnabler = Yes in the boot.plist file. Don't add any video injector during the installation.

try-ed - nothing...

BEST OF ALL... works perfect with iatkos 10.5.7 (GT200 EVGA on DVD bundle and NVinject by Afadlian) included with HDMI and VGA out =)
but i dont know what to do to make it right on Snow Leopard 8) ....
i also tryed wiith Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards but works only when i remove YES for graphic enbler from com.apple.boot... and in that case i have native resolution but no hardware acceleration ...

help ... maybe g210m is not supported ??!?!?

FINAL EDIT =)
All my test are on 10.6.0 .... =) after update to 10.6.2 and entering YES for graphic enbler com.apple.boot. i have full working Nvidia g210M =))))))))

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hi again!

My G550 works great under 10.6.2, things that not working is WIFI intel 5100 ( solved it with WIFI dongle ) - sleep and black screen on LID open. =(

Next step: i would like it to br more Vanila. Building proper DSDT for our G550 wil probably solve lid close problem and sleep...
I have already patched DSDT with HPET and RTC fix... and that works - but for LID patch i just don't have experience... so it would be nice to join our forces to accomplish that =)

If some one want dsdt in this stadium be free to PM.

Regards!

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Update working just fine on G550 =)

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Now Restart works with Chameleon Rekursor’s Build

boot file

still i have problem with LID sleep... =(

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Now Restart works with Chameleon Rekursor’s Build

boot file

still i have problem with LID sleep... =(

Finaly! i made dsdt that turn ON screen after LID was closed... now this is nice HackBook...
still speed-step is need to be fixed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy