Lenovo G550

rassha

75 posts in this topic

please read on chems-chaos, you doesnt need external Wifi ;-) if you have question, comment on my blog ;)

Unfortunately I do need an external wifi, because my notebook is equipped with an Intel 5100 wifi card, while chems-chaos has BCM4312. Also it seems he doesn't have NVidia 105M.

For example here they mention that this adapter supports OSX 10.6, but does it work with a hackintosh?

Do wifi-usb adapters require drivers? I found Edimax-EW-7711UTN at a local store. The problem is that I have no idea whether it works with OSX.

• 2 weeks later...

My story of successful installation:

1. Installation image - SnowOSX uniflash.

2. Video support for Nvidia G 105M - out of the box! Just add <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>yes</string> to com.apple.Boot.plist. All resolutions are accessible. Video playback is ok.

3. Sound - VoodooHDA.

4. TouchPad - no taps. Tried to install VoodooPS2Controller and to replace Trackpad.prefPane. Still no taps.

5. Power management and battery control - VoodooBattery.kext and VoodooPowerMini.kext.

6. WiFi Intel 5100 - doesn't work. I'm buying a wifi usb adapter.

Hi all,

FYI I succeded installing Hazard on low end Lenovo G530 using Hazard 10.6.2.

Only native resolution with x3100 fixed kext and I installed Voodoo packages for battery, PS2 and power just posted above for 550.

530 has Broadcom eth and wlan, but none of them are working.

Proceeding investigation :rolleyes:

Hi all,

FYI I succeded installing Hazard on low end Lenovo G530 using Hazard 10.6.2.

Only native resolution with x3100 fixed kext and I installed Voodoo packages for battery, PS2 and power just posted above for 550.

530 has Broadcom eth and wlan, but none of them are working.

Proceeding investigation :)

sorry for autoquote. 

I have succeded installing airport with brand new kext found on deviato's site.. he has a dell but similar.

I'm satisfied and stopping investigation

See u soon  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi G550 lovers :rolleyes:

i have model with gforce 210m

when i try those injector drivers my 10.6.0 desktop is ultra slow... for example to render window i need to wait up to 30 sec. !!!!!!????

if i boot in safe mode gfx card is recognised and working...

is there better kexts for my card or i'm doing something wrong?

regards!

I suggest you to try GraphicsEnabler = Yes in the boot.plist file. Don't add any video injector during the installation.

Hi G550 lovers :)

i have model with gforce 210m

when i try those injector drivers my 10.6.0 desktop is ultra slow... for example to render window i need to wait up to 30 sec. !!!!!!????

if i boot in safe mode gfx card is recognised and working...

is there better kexts for my card or i'm doing something wrong?

regards!

I suggest you to try GraphicsEnabler = Yes in the boot.plist file. Don't add any video injector during the installation.

try-ed - nothing...

BEST OF ALL... works perfect with iatkos 10.5.7 (GT200 EVGA on DVD bundle and NVinject by Afadlian) included with HDMI and VGA out =)

but i dont know what to do to make it right on Snow Leopard 8) ....

i also tryed wiith Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards but works only when i remove YES for graphic enbler from com.apple.boot... and in that case i have native resolution but no hardware acceleration ...

help ... maybe g210m is not supported ??!?!?

FINAL EDIT =)

All my test are on 10.6.0 .... =) after update to 10.6.2 and entering YES for graphic enbler com.apple.boot. i have full working Nvidia g210M =))))))))

Hi again!

My G550 works great under 10.6.2, things that not working is WIFI intel 5100 ( solved it with WIFI dongle ) - sleep and black screen on LID open. =(

Next step: i would like it to br more Vanila. Building proper DSDT for our G550 wil probably solve lid close problem and sleep...

I have already patched DSDT with HPET and RTC fix... and that works - but for LID patch i just don't have experience... so it would be nice to join our forces to accomplish that =)

If some one want dsdt in this stadium be free to PM.

Regards!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ok, can you please attach that DSDT here?

I have the same notebook :D

i will... but i discovered that lid open close works only when lenovo is on power plug.... =(

need more DSDT research =( Can somebody help with this i will provide decompiled DSDT...

g550 DSDT / original and modified for lid wakeup

People let's make this work... G550 need's correct DSDT :D

After over a month.... 8) i finaly made it ...

Here is my package for G550 with nvidia 210m GFX.

I found that Lenovo Y550 is similar with G550 and on one Chinese forum (PCBETA) i find modified DSDT for Y550 (don't ask me for hell with chinese fonts and google trnslations :).

I edited that DSDT (removed GFX, and AUDIO section) and now works on G550 including sleep, hibernate. (USE IT AT YOUR OWN!)

In package is included original Y550 DSDT - so if someone is want to look at it with more attention to make more precise DSDT for G550 Go FOR IT!

Also included is tools that are you need for modifications and first help.

Network... not tested ... included is modified kext for my AirLIVE USB wifidongle.

All is on 10.6.3 - next step 64bt.

Regards!

Happy G550 :)

LINK ...

hi evry1 i just want to ask you guys which hackintosh wrkz best on lenovo g550. becz i hv downloaded ideneb v14 apple 10.5.6 bt itz nt workng on dis laptop. any1 wuld lyk to tel me n plz who evr replies me.. do put da link frm whr i cn download da hackintosh file

thanks

ayyaz

I installed 10.5.5 using a msiwindosx.iso file I found online. I used the combined update to patch it to 10.5.8 after installing a few kext files. I am just having trouble with the intel gmax4500 video card as I can't get it to run at the native resolution without losing the cursor.

• 2 weeks later...
hi evry1 i just want to ask you guys which hackintosh wrkz best on lenovo g550. becz i hv downloaded ideneb v14 apple 10.5.6 bt itz nt workng on dis laptop. any1 wuld lyk to tel me n plz who evr replies me.. do put da link frm whr i cn download da hackintosh file

thanks

ayyaz

10.6.31 works superb...

no links here...

• 1 month later...
After over a month.... 8) i finaly made it ...

Here is my package for G550 with nvidia 210m GFX.

I found that Lenovo Y550 is similar with G550 and on one Chinese forum (PCBETA) i find modified DSDT for Y550 (don't ask me for hell with chinese fonts and google trnslations :) .

I edited that DSDT (removed GFX, and AUDIO section) and now works on G550 including sleep, hibernate. (USE IT AT YOUR OWN!)

In package is included original Y550 DSDT - so if someone is want to look at it with more attention to make more precise DSDT for G550 Go FOR IT!

Also included is tools that are you need for modifications and first help.

Network... not tested ... included is modified kext for my AirLIVE USB wifidongle.

All is on 10.6.3 - next step 64bt.

Regards!

Happy G550 ;)

LINK ...

Can you send me please your DSDT me and configuration of your laptop?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! I'm trying too to install OS X on lenovo g550, i've tried with SnowOSX universal v3.6 I've installed it as I saw in many tutorials...but after the instalation it never boots, after I  hit Restart buton (on final step) in stead of booting in osX it starts Windows 7

Can anyone help me with "configuring" the dual boot

THX in advance