P6T Deluxe/i7 920/GTX 285 - I just wasted £1100 (maybe!)

imacken

53 posts in this topic

hmm did you already try another usb connected phone?

try to change bios settings for usb (legacy) btw AND add the usbfix key into chameleon boot.plist :)

are you using onboard usb or usb card?

Yep, both my Windows mobile phones exhibit the same behaviour, i.e. seem to connect OK as far as Mac OS X and Missing Sync are concerned, but don't show any activity in Missing Sync to actually sync!

I am using onboard USB port, and I have tried various different ones with always the same result.

The funny thing is that when I plug my phone in, MS recognises the event, loads up, makes the connection OK, but then does nothing.

I'll try the BIOS setting, but if all other USB devices work OK, why should that make a difference? I'll also try the boot.plist option and report back.

Yep, both my Windows mobile phones exhibit the same behaviour, i.e. seem to connect OK as far as Mac OS X and Missing Sync are concerned, but don't show any activity in Missing Sync to actually sync!

I am using onboard USB port, and I have tried various different ones with always the same result.

The funny thing is that when I plug my phone in, MS recognises the event, loads up, makes the connection OK, but then does nothing.

I'll try the BIOS setting, but if all other USB devices work OK, why should that make a difference? I'll also try the boot.plist option and report back.

that sounds weird :)

in terminal, type " kextstat | grep 'USB' " and have a look for the loaded kext's

• com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily (3.7.8)
  • com.apple.driver.AppleUSBUHCI (3.7.5)
  • com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI (3.7.5)
  • com.apple.iokit.IOUSBUserClient (3.7.5)
  • com.apple.driver.AppleUSBHub (3.7.8)
  • com.apple.driver.AppleUSBComposite (3.7.5)
  • com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio (2.6.4b15)
  • com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMergeNub (3.7.5)
  • com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHIDDriver (3.7.5)
  • com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass (2.5.0)

in the missing sync forum i read somewhere, that you should turn off the service you are not currently using for syncing. if you are syncing over usb, turn off bluetooth/wifi.

that sounds weird :)

in terminal, type " kextstat | grep 'USB' " and have a look for the loaded kext's

• com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily (3.7.8)
  • com.apple.driver.AppleUSBUHCI (3.7.5)
  • com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI (3.7.5)
  • com.apple.iokit.IOUSBUserClient (3.7.5)
  • com.apple.driver.AppleUSBHub (3.7.8)
  • com.apple.driver.AppleUSBComposite (3.7.5)
  • com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio (2.6.4b15)
  • com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMergeNub (3.7.5)
  • com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHIDDriver (3.7.5)
  • com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass (2.5.0)

in the missing sync forum i read somewhere, that you should turn off the service you are not currently using for syncing. if you are syncing over usb, turn off bluetooth/wifi.

As usual. screenshot below.

I don't have Bluetooth or Wi-fi as I'm on ethernet.

I have the same as you except USBAudio which I don't use and IOUSBHIDriver. Is that significant?

sc12.tiff