Snow Leopard Working on ASRock ConRoe945G-DVI (and others)

webplus

55 posts in this topic

Edit: Don`t use the attached dsdt. It worked for me but it won't work for you as it didn't work for me no longer after a CPU and RAM-upgrade.

Download the auto patcher from

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

Reboot without dsdt.aml in the Extra-folder or wherever you put it (this is essenential!) extract a dsdt and patch it with the auto-patcher. The recent auto-patcher includes a patching script for our board. Move the patched dsdt.aml from your desktop to the Extra-folder and reboot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the attached dsdt from MaLdOn.

It includes the following patches:

DTGP

GMA950(use arch=i386)

HID/CID

HPET

IRQs

LAN0

LPC

MUTE

REMOVE

RENAME

So it's for people who use the gma950 graphics (sorry, Dangelus). The gma950 patch makes the stock apple gma950 kexts work. I don't know what the other patches are good for but everything works fine for me with this dsdt.aml. You can install Chameleon 2 RC 5 with this dsdt.aml. This booter enables native apple power management. So you don't need SleepEnabler and VoodooPower or similar kexts. That makes system updates easier. You don't have to take care of the SleepEnabler problem. I updated to 10.6.6 by just running the combo updater. To install Chameleon 2 RC 5 you have to:

copy MaLdOns dsdt.aml to the Extra folder

remove NullCPUPowerManagement (or other kexts that disable native apple powermanagement) and SleepEnabler from Extra/Extensions

drag this folder to Kext Utility

remove VoodooPower (or similar kexts) from System/Library/Extensions

drag this folder to kext utility

add the following lines in com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

"You must remove all memory related keys from smbios.plist (SMmemmanufacter_X, SMmempart_X, SMmemserial_X, SMmemspeed & SMmemtype)." (Quote from AsereBLN booter manual)

Download Chameleon RC 5.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

Install it.

Reboot.

Keep in mind that if you use applications that need to be authorized (like Logic Studio, Native Instruments Komplete etc.) and you authorized them while booting with Chameleon RC3 the authorization will no longer be valid after upgrading to RC5. So you will have to repeat the authorization process or deactivate UUID auto-generation by the booter and use your old UUID along with PlatformUUID.kext.

dsdt.aml.zip

• 2 weeks later...
I got the attached dsdt from MaLdOn.

It includes the following patches:

DTGP

GMA950(use arch=i386)

HID/CID

HPET

IRQs

LAN0

LPC

MUTE

REMOVE

RENAME

So it's for people who use the gma950 graphics (sorry, Dangelus). The gma950 patch makes the stock apple gma950 kexts work. I don't know what the other patches are good for but everything works fine for me with this dsdt.aml. You can install Chameleon 2 RC 5 with this dsdt.aml. This booter enables native apple power management. So you don't need SleepEnabler and VoodooPower or similar kexts. That makes system updates easier. You don't have to take care of the SleepEnabler problem. I updated to 10.6.6 by just running the combo updater. To install Chameleon 2 RC 5 you have to:

copy MaLdOns dsdt.aml to the Extra folder

remove NullCPUPowerManagement (or other kexts that disable native apple powermanagement) and SleepEnabler from Extra/Extensions

drag this folder to Kext Utility

remove VoodooPower (or similar kexts) from System/Library/Extensions

drag this folder to kext utility

add the following lines in com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

"You must remove all memory related keys from smbios.plist (SMmemmanufacter_X, SMmempart_X, SMmemserial_X, SMmemspeed & SMmemtype)." (Quote from AsereBLN booter manual)

Download Chameleon RC 5.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

Install it.

Reboot.

Keep in mind that if you use applications that need to be authorized (like Logic Studio, Native Instruments Komplete etc.) and you authorized them while booting with Chameleon RC3 the authorization will no longer be valid after upgrading to RC5. So you will have to repeat the authorization process or deactivate UUID auto-generation by the booter and use your old UUID along with PlatformUUID.kext.

Thank you for your excellent post, pilsator! I am about to reboot and try this. Do you find having an smbios.plist helpful? I haven't come across a need for one - yet!

• 6 months later...

Snow Leopard 10.6.8 Fully Working on - Asrock Conroe 945G-DVI with GMA950

* All resolutions

* QI & CI

* Sleep

1. Installed SL 10.6.0 retail with latest Nawcom

2. Immediate online update to 10.6.8

3. Replaced AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext with version from Leopard 10.5.1

4. ExtrEdited com.apple.boot.plist with <string>arch=i386</string>

This uses RC5 Chameleon

Snow Leopard 10.6.8 Fully Working on - Asrock Conroe 945G-DVI with GMA950

* All resolutions

* QI & CI

* Sleep

1. Installed SL 10.6.0 retail with latest Nawcom

2. Immediate online update to 10.6.8

3. Replaced AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext with version from Leopard 10.5.1

4. ExtrEdited com.apple.boot.plist with <string>arch=i386</string>

This uses RC5 Chameleon

Hi Guys,

I found that simply using mutlibeast, 10.6 retail and [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] was enough for me to install SL - have you tried this method yet? You can get all the tool over at tonymac and all updates will work without fault. You can use the easyboot method through [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] or, if you have a dsdt, simply select user dsdt from the list.

Worked that a charmed for me, I now have SL 10.6.8 on my little Acer Revo 3610, Lion 10.7 on my big i7 rig (socket 1156 p55 system) and SL 10.6.8 on my asrock.

The above absolutely is the easiest way I've found to date :P

• 2 months later...

Hi:

I'm a newby and would appreciate some help.

Years ago I succeeded in installing mac os 10.5 in my asrock "945G-dvi" computer. Would it be possible to install 10.7 Lion in this computer? Can you suggest me any step-by-step guide?

thanks in advance and apologize for my English.