165 replies to this topic

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
O.K.
Now you can try with my gma files. Download and install with kextutility, just drag to the kextutility icon and wait. Reboot.
You can find files here

jocarl11

jocarl11

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Ok thanks for your help smilenkovski, It's all working 100% now on 10.6.1! :D

ratola

ratola

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Im gonna try this on my Dv6420ep and i will keep you posted

thanks

Chaplan

Chaplan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I have a dv 6780ep
http://h10025.www1.h...reg_R1002_USEN#

Can i use this dsdt???

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

I have a dv 6780ep
http://h10025.www1.h...reg_R1002_USEN#

Can i use this dsdt???

That is completely different config but you can make your own dsdt. See blackosx guide on dsdt
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=177497

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
copy from my inbox

Hello,

i'm trying to do everything from your tutorial, but i have a problem with step 3.
Can you tell me step by step what to do..
Inside this pack from blackch are four folders. I need to copy everything to SNOW HDD ? Or dsdt.aml file only ?

Next i have a problem with this kext maker. Which Extension folder i need to drag on the icon of mkextmaker? You mean extension folder from this pack from blackch, from snow hdd from extra or from the folder in system library folder.

really i don't understand that, so i need your help.

and this file ioatafamily.kext. after remove i need to copy that file from which location?from pack from blackch ? from snow leopard dvd ?

Thanks for your help

I copied your message from my Inbox because someone else has similar problem understanding my guide.

Step 3
Yes, there are several folder in blackch file. It should be copied in appropriate folders on your snow hdd. Some of them should be copied after installing SL using kexhtelper (the one for System/Library..)

You should drag the extensions folder from snow hdd (Extra/Extensions/)

thedomsta

thedomsta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi All,

I've just started playing around with my HP 6720s on SL and I'm having a few problems. If anyone could help I'd be most grateful.

I tried to follow this guide but I hit a problem when installing SL to the hard drive as my "Mac" is an old iBook G4! So, I started following this guide - http://www.insanelym...howtopic=183751 - but using the kexts and dsdt.aml from here.

I've managed to get SL installed with almost everything working but I'm having trouble with networking as there aren't any devices found besides Bluetooth! I haven't followed steps 3, 4 or 5 yet. Are these part of the install of the networking?

I'd like to see what I've got installed on the Chameleon EFI partition, is there a way to mount it and see what kexts have been used?

Again, any help would be most appreciated.

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Hi!
Network (lan and wifi) should work out of the box with Snow Leopard native kexts.
I'm not sure that you can mount efi partition. You should use blackosx method for installing SL if you want to change kexts in Extensions folder later, as far as I know.

alemate23

alemate23

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

O.K.
Now you can try with my gma files. Download and install with kextutility, just drag to the kextutility icon and wait. Reboot.
You can find files here

What's the id of your video card? My id is 2a12...
Another question:
in the extra folder i have to put smbios,dsdt.aml and all the Extra/extensions folder in the pack of blackch?

Thanks, i'm going crazy with this laptop...

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

What's the id of your video card? My id is 2a12...
Another question:
in the extra folder i have to put smbios,dsdt.aml and all the Extra/extensions folder in the pack of blackch?

Thanks, i'm going crazy with this laptop...

Hi!
In fact that is very good laptop for hacking. Yes, my video card is 2a12. And yes, you can put all kexts from blackch's appropriate folders.
What kind of problem you have installing OSX?

alemate23

alemate23

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Hi!
In fact that is very good laptop for hacking. Yes, my video card is 2a12. And yes, you can put all kexts from blackch's appropriate folders.
What kind of problem you have installing OSX?

Ok i've reached desktop. Can someone post his video car kexts (id 2a12)? Thanks a lot!

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Ok i've reached desktop. Can someone post his video car kexts (id 2a12)? Thanks a lot!

Check the link on the first post on this page.
Good luck.

alemate23

alemate23

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Check the link on the first post on this page.
Good luck.

link is broken

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

link is broken

Oups. Yes its broken.
Try this link

alemate23

alemate23

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Oups. Yes its broken.
Try this link

Sorry, my id is 2a12, your is 2a02... i've modified the original kexts and now i've full resolution, but no QE/CI... QE/CI works for you?

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Sorry, my id is 2a12, your is 2a02... i've modified the original kexts and now i've full resolution, but no QE/CI... QE/CI works for you?

I'm not sure that QE/CI from Leopard is issue with Snow Leopard. The only sign that everything is O.K. with your graphic is if the dock background is transparent.
P.S.
Sorry for sending you not edited kexts. I just found them on the desktop.

jlinsanelymac

jlinsanelymac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hello
I'm from Spain and I apologize first.
I made her step by step guide (thank you very much in advance) and when performing step 4, in particular when I opened the program kextutility left me a gray screen saying I had to press the off button and restart. Then I get a kernel panic (VooodooHDA,..... not detected PCI device) more or less.

I think I do not understand step 4 or what I'm doing wrong because when I put the (2) and (3) line in the terminal I noticed that putting something like .... "file or directory does not exist". Then I noticed that the other lines contained errors.

1)sudo -s
(2)cp -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext \ ~/Desktop/(??????????)
(3)cp -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext \ ~/Desktop/(????????)

(4)touch (???????????) /System/Library/Extensions

Can indicate whether I'm doing wrong or where you put ~ /Desktop/ should be replaced by something? . If the lines must be put as shown in the directory on my computer error in the terminal leaves.
I wait your reply as soon as possible since the installation I left halfway.

Thanks very much for all.

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Hi JLINSANELYMAC
O.K. I know that step 4 is a bit confusing. Download my video kexts from this link it should work. Use kextutility.
P.S.
I should rewrite the guide but I'm busy these days.

jlinsanelymac

jlinsanelymac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Hi JLINSANELYMAC
O.K. I know that step 4 is a bit confusing. Download my video kexts from this link it should work. Use kextutility.
P.S.
I should rewrite the guide but I'm busy these days.

Hi! Smilenkovski.
Thanks for you work. I´ll try this but if i have a kernel panic, What I do? (I make the step 1 to 3 three times because i have kernel panic when i make the 4 step). Thanks.

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Hi! Smilenkovski.
Thanks for you work. I´ll try this but if i have a kernel panic, What I do? (I make the step 1 to 3 three times because i have kernel panic when i make the 4 step). Thanks.

Actually I dont understand in which step you have problem. Can you boot HP after installing Chameleon? Are you using arch=i386 to start Snow leo or what? Be more precise and don't worry we'll instal SL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy