Keyboard and Mouse not detected

Proxin

9 posts in this topic

I'm on an HP Pavilion dv4-1125nr (laptop) and have installed Snow Leopard.

My keyboard and mousepad are not detected upon startup in Snow Leopard. I have a USB keyboard and USB mouse but neither of those are found either.

I'm guessing my USB is not working on Snow Leopard, I've checked for applefpmemdriver.kext and have not found it to delete it. Are there any patches I should look for? If so where can I find them?

I can access the filesystem only through a live Ubuntu CD unless someone can point me to a freeware in Windows to access it. I can't launch Terminal in Snow Leopard to do anything because it won't let me past the "Plug in your keyboard" screen. Help?

I'm sorry but I don't understand how to apply any patches nor do the guide you linked to... I don't know what I can open a .dmg file with, and from what I know it can only be opened by an OSX operating system. My Snow Leopard OSx86 install won't let me get past the keyboard screen though so I'm unable to use it at all. :wacko:

If you don't understand a thing of this then buy a real Mac. Hacks are just for hobbyists that like to tinker with the system.

I could install a patch if I could get into my Snow Leopard install, however I can't do that because I need a keyboard patch to get into it, which I can't get unless I can run Snow Leopard.

The part I don't understand is how to run the patch if it's in Windows or Ubuntu.

If I was in Snow Leopard I could run kexthelper, but I can't get it to go past the "plug in keyboard" screen obviously.