Oblivion - Crossover. mouse issue

rhare

7 posts in this topic

I have a macbook pro and I'm trying to get oblivion to work on it. I already have have bootcamp, I just want to be able to play it on the mac side of my HD so I can get rid of bootcamp and free up that space. I got CrossOver Games to try and run Oblivion, it installs and starts up but once it makes it through the opening sequence the mouse cursor goes to the bottom of the screen and I cant really control it. Obviously I cant play the game like this, so I'm really hoping some one on here can help me.

I have a macbook pro and I'm trying to get oblivion to work on it. I already have have bootcamp, I just want to be able to play it on the mac side of my HD so I can get rid of bootcamp and free up that space. I got CrossOver Games to try and run Oblivion, it installs and starts up but once it makes it through the opening sequence the mouse cursor goes to the bottom of the screen and I cant really control it. Obviously I cant play the game like this, so I'm really hoping some one on here can help me.

Oblivion on Macs runs much better on Cider than it does on Wine (Crossover)...

your best bet for playing it is to see this other post I put up you can use to get it running in Cider. You can still use Crossover to install and patch the game up and get it working, then move the install inside the Cider wrapper you can download in the link.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t=#entry1248783

Oblivion on Macs runs much better on Cider than it does on Wine (Crossover)...

your best bet for playing it is to see this other post I put up you can use to get it running in Cider. You can still use Crossover to install and patch the game up and get it working, then move the install inside the Cider wrapper you can download in the link.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t=#entry1248783

Thanks. I tried it but when i try to launch it from the cider wrapper the icon appears in the dock for about 3 seconds and then shutsdown. any way to fix this?

Thanks. I tried it but when i try to launch it from the cider wrapper the icon appears in the dock for about 3 seconds and then shutsdown. any way to fix this?

thats usually what happens if it cant find the game in the right spot inside the wrapper.

you need to copy.move the actual game inside the wrapper to the correct place with the correct folder name.... it Must be in the Program Files folder, in a folder named Oblivion. No sub folder in a folder thing, the actual game Oblivion.exe file must be in that Oblivion folder.

• 11 months later...

- Game setting, no HDR (this has been reported to give errors).

- Game setting, no distant rendering (to reduce CPU load).

- winecfg, graphics, disable all Window Manager options (if you don't do this the cursor just slumps down to the bottom of the screen).

Disable these settings and you should be fine...

And CrossOver should work fine if not then you have done something wrong.

• 3 months later...
- Game setting, no HDR (this has been reported to give errors).

- Game setting, no distant rendering (to reduce CPU load).

- winecfg, graphics, disable all Window Manager options (if you don't do this the cursor just slumps down to the bottom of the screen).

Disable these settings and you should be fine...

And CrossOver should work fine if not then you have done something wrong.

Thanks!!!