Linksys WMP54GS v1.1 - works for awhile then KP

Bart86

7 posts in this topic

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P ver 1.1.

At first, my WMP54GS (ver 1.1) wouldn't be recognized at all. Then I moved it to the bottom slot and it was recognized and everything works. I use the onboard Ethernet primarily, so I keep it turned off in preferences.

The bottom line is, that even with the card turned off in preferences, as long as it's in the system it causes a kernel panic on my box after about 10 min. Usually when I'm doing something network intensive. The KP only shows the CPU number and the current process that I'm running in the back trace. For example, I can crash the system easily by just firing up eve online for about 5 minutes and the KP will show "cider" as the offending process.

If I remove the card, the system is rock solid.

So a couple questions. The DSDT I'm using was created without the card in the system. Should this matter?

If I need to recreate the dsdt.aml, now that I'm on SL, how would I recreate a virgin DSDT dump since I'm having to use DSDT overrides (eg. dsdt.aml) just to boot the system? My system won't boot without a dsdt.aml in place.

Needless to say, the card was working fine in 10.5.7.

• 2 weeks later...
Resolved. I found a better, more complete DSDT.aml for this board. I also flashed the firmware so it is recognized as an Apple Airport Extreme.

HI,

I do have your same mobo and wifi card, could you please post how you did and files?

Thanks!

Roy

• 1 month later...
SOLVED!! Try with my DSDT file DSDT.aml.zip

Hi,

I am having a troubling issue with the same wireless card WMP54GS. It is recognized fine, but the connection is extremely flakey and eventually just gives out.

I have a very different Mobo though, so I can't use your DSDT file. Would you mind letting me know how you patched your DSDT file to get your wifi card working correctly?

Hi,

I am having a troubling issue with the same wireless card WMP54GS. It is recognized fine, but the connection is extremely flakey and eventually just gives out.

I have a very different Mobo though, so I can't use your DSDT file. Would you mind letting me know how you patched your DSDT file to get your wifi card working correctly?

I solved my issue. Turns out, the wifi card was using the same IRQ as the on-board ethernet. Simply changing the card to a different PCI slot solved the issue completely. There is, I am sure, a more elegant solution, but this one worked nicely.