• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Jingu

Jingu

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
I've been trying to boot vanilla AppleIntelPIIXATA on my ICH7-M. Repeated kernel panics until now.

Thanks go to -DuNe-. He's the one who came up with the universal AppleIntelPIIXATA for ICHx mobo. I'm just using his method with success on Snow Leopard.

I simply put his Leopard 10.5.8 IOATAFamily in Extra/Extensions, making sure that my SATA id is in the /Plugins/AppleIntelPIIXATA

The original vanilla AppleIntelPIIXATA remains untouched in System/Library/Extensions,

RESULTS: I've booted several times so far without a kernel panic. I'm typing from Snow Leopard right now.

Unfortunately, this universal Leopard 10.5.8 IOATAFamily does not seem to work in the Boot 132 CD method.

Original post from -DuNe- is below. I downloaded the Leopard 10.5.8 IOATAFamily.

http://www.insanelym...showtopic=88335

hughson

hughson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
can you boot -x64

Jingu

Jingu

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Since I'm using Leopard 10.5.8 IOATAFamily, it shouldn't work in 64-bit.

I just tried in 64-bit. As expected, kernel panic right after loading AppleIntelPIIXATA

Never Mind

Never Mind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hiya :P

Trying this too.

when you write "The original vanilla AppleIntelPIIXATA remains untouched in System/Library/Extensions", you mean that it remains in /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns ?

So that means that the original IOATAFamily kext should also stay in /System/Library/Extensions/ ?

Cheers,

N.M.

I've been trying to boot vanilla AppleIntelPIIXATA on my ICH7-M. Repeated kernel panics until now.

Thanks go to -DuNe-. He's the one who came up with the universal AppleIntelPIIXATA for ICHx mobo. I'm just using his method with success on Snow Leopard.

I simply put his Leopard 10.5.8 IOATAFamily in Extra/Extensions, making sure that my SATA id is in the /Plugins/AppleIntelPIIXATA

The original vanilla AppleIntelPIIXATA remains untouched in System/Library/Extensions,

RESULTS: I've booted several times so far without a kernel panic. I'm typing from Snow Leopard right now.

Unfortunately, this universal Leopard 10.5.8 IOATAFamily does not seem to work in the Boot 132 CD method.

Original post from -DuNe- is below. I downloaded the Leopard 10.5.8 IOATAFamily.

http://www.insanelym...showtopic=88335

Nihilator

Nihilator

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
If you didn't use Boot-132 to install the operating system, then what did you use? You said you copied IOATAFamily to the Extra/Extensions directory. The Extra/Extensions cannot be installed on the hard drive until you have setup the operating system using Boot-132.

Jingu

Jingu

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
@Never Mind,

You are correct. The vanilla IOATAFamily is in System/Library/Extensions

@ Nihilator,

I haven't installed Snow Leopard yet from the Boot 132 method. Still trying to work out the bugs.

I have another Snow Leopard partition that I have installed from within Leopard 10.5.8 with the OsIntall.mkpg

0m3gA

0m3gA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Thanks for the tip I was just able to get past the kernel panic on my HP Mini 1000 with this. I replaced the one in S/L/E and deleted the Extensions.mkext just putting it in /E/E did not work.

Nihilator

Nihilator

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Could you write out the "exact" modifications inserted into the info.plist?

Do you have two ATA/IDE channels (primary/secondary), or do you only have one ATA/IDE channel (primary)?

BrumBrum74

BrumBrum74

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Thanks for this info. Finally got my HP DV9000EA to boot the Snow Leo installer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy