SL KP on boot Intel DG31PR

GlasGhost

52 posts in this topic

First of all i would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this topic. Your experience and advice is much appreciated.

Take a look at this picture:

satablank.jpg

Does anybody else get this? It should list ICH7 Controller but it seems to be blank?

Now i have been playing around with device id's for hours but still nothing! This could be related to the LEGACY option for drive configuration in bios, I get the same thing when Selecting NATIVE mode. From what i can tell it looks like OSX is seeing the SATA ports as IDE but still listing them as Serial-ATA device in System Profiler, if that makes sense?

IORegistryExplorer path: IODeviceTree:/PCI0@0/IDE1@1F,2/CHN0@0

Its also listed as a ICH7 device in IORegistryExplorer, so it looks like OSX detects the device but doesn't list it in System Profiler?

Any solutions? Anyone else noticed this? Strange!

Hello

This bug is normal, remember that there is no AHCI in DG31PR and remember that SL is an OS for AHCI mode

To be precise the same bug that "Processor: x.xx GHz Unknown"

Not that performance is affected, the bug is cosmetic

Greetings from Ecuador

Sorry for my english

• 9 months later...
well for snow with intel DG31PR i use this files

DSDT.aml...... this for load AppleintelCPUPowermanagment.kext extension

boot ........... this is a PC_EFI V9 with DSDT enabler, this put in the root directory

com.apple.Boot.plist ........ this is a loader with efi string for nvidia 9400 GT 1024 MB... put this file over: /Library/preferences/SystemConfiguration

and the other files just are extensions

Note: the AppleHDa.kext is for Codec 889....64bit compatible Why??

Just this found over the internet working, in snow with dg31pr just work with 1 line audio Line Out

and thats All, my dg31pr with snow works with these files

and if you want boot in 64 bits kernel just press F8 ant put: -x64 -v

mi drive is formated GUID not MBR

ok?

Do you have to change sta mode to manual in bios..thus only 2 ports are working...?????????

well for snow with intel DG31PR i use this files

DSDT.aml...... this for load AppleintelCPUPowermanagment.kext extension

boot ........... this is a PC_EFI V9 with DSDT enabler, this put in the root directory

com.apple.Boot.plist ........ this is a loader with efi string for nvidia 9400 GT 1024 MB... put this file over: /Library/preferences/SystemConfiguration

and the other files just are extensions

Note: the AppleHDa.kext is for Codec 889....64bit compatible Why??

Just this found over the internet working, in snow with dg31pr just work with 1 line audio Line Out

and thats All, my dg31pr with snow works with these files

and if you want boot in 64 bits kernel just press F8 ant put: -x64 -v

mi drive is formated GUID not MBR

ok?