• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

DiscoDancer

DiscoDancer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi... I'm a mac lover and thnx to osx86 now i can run mac on my PC which is really awesome.
and as a real mac lover i still want my own original apple mac but i guess i have to sell one of my kidney for that. but still i would like to know what I'm missing. like some difference between original mac and osx86 mac one of them i know is the screen color which are far better in original mac. but i guess this is not a very huge difference. and i would like to know more. for example performance difference stability difference e.t.c...

blkhockeypro19

blkhockeypro19

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
The screen color is because of the apple monitors, not because of osx86/real Mac OS X.
The difference is a mac has some extra hardware PC's don't have. They also share some of the same hardware but in different variations. Both can be accommodated with just a few kexts. For example, my dell e520 runs vanilla Mac OS X Leopard just as a real mac would, with a patched PIIXATA kext for my motherboard, and fake smc.kext which emulates the SMC hardware chip macs have but PC's dont. Because I have so few extra kexts, my system has never crashed since the original install. It varies system to system, if you build a compatible system, expect good results.

DiscoDancer

DiscoDancer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

The screen color is because of the apple monitors, not because of osx86/real Mac OS X.
The difference is a mac has some extra hardware PC's don't have. They also share some of the same hardware but in different variations. Both can be accommodated with just a few kexts. For example, my dell e520 runs vanilla Mac OS X Leopard just as a real mac would, with a patched PIIXATA kext for my motherboard, and fake smc.kext which emulates the SMC hardware chip macs have but PC's dont. Because I have so few extra kexts, my system has never crashed since the original install. It varies system to system, if you build a compatible system, expect good results.

does your laptop has any performance issue?

this is my PC's specification

Asus p5k-vm MoBo
Intel C2Q 2.4 GHz Q6600 processor
4 GB ram
Creative audigy sound card
NVIDIA GTS 250 512mb
This is a decent configuration for a PC
I'm running ideneb 10.5.7 on it and all working fine except graphic card. but when i compare my PC with my friend's mac book pro. every time i notice a massive performance difference, the animation effect runs so smooth on mac book pro compare to my osx86 mac (maybe this is because i don't have a working kext for my graphic card), data transfer time is more on my osx86 mac, even the folder opening time is more on my PC. there's a lot of difference if i compare my PC to a mac book pro.

And I'm sorry I'm changing my post's hole subject but it's very urgent. i bought a new leadtek nvidia 512mb GTS 250 graphic card few days before so can anybody tell me how to make it work. i was using ATI card earlier and i don't have a single idea about how to make a nvidia card working.

A Nonny Moose

A Nonny Moose

Proud PPC User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
The major thing you miss out by not having a real Mac is 100% compatibility. You don't have to fear any kind of system upgrade. That's really about it.

Bryannetbook

Bryannetbook

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yeah, there's a big difference...

OS X runs faster on Hackintoshes :(

roboguy

roboguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
i was also having a few thoughts similar to the op

im thinking about getting a mac book pro for college

but also considering building a desktop for half the price twice the power and twice the fun

i dont know what to do!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy