Orignal Mac Vs Osx86 mac

DiscoDancer

6 posts in this topic

Hi... I'm a mac lover and thnx to osx86 now i can run mac on my PC which is really awesome.

and as a real mac lover i still want my own original apple mac but i guess i have to sell one of my kidney for that. but still i would like to know what I'm missing. like some difference between original mac and osx86 mac one of them i know is the screen color which are far better in original mac. but i guess this is not a very huge difference. and i would like to know more. for example performance difference stability difference e.t.c...

The screen color is because of the apple monitors, not because of osx86/real Mac OS X.

The difference is a mac has some extra hardware PC's don't have. They also share some of the same hardware but in different variations. Both can be accommodated with just a few kexts. For example, my dell e520 runs vanilla Mac OS X Leopard just as a real mac would, with a patched PIIXATA kext for my motherboard, and fake smc.kext which emulates the SMC hardware chip macs have but PC's dont. Because I have so few extra kexts, my system has never crashed since the original install. It varies system to system, if you build a compatible system, expect good results.

The screen color is because of the apple monitors, not because of osx86/real Mac OS X.

The difference is a mac has some extra hardware PC's don't have. They also share some of the same hardware but in different variations. Both can be accommodated with just a few kexts. For example, my dell e520 runs vanilla Mac OS X Leopard just as a real mac would, with a patched PIIXATA kext for my motherboard, and fake smc.kext which emulates the SMC hardware chip macs have but PC's dont. Because I have so few extra kexts, my system has never crashed since the original install. It varies system to system, if you build a compatible system, expect good results.

does your laptop has any performance issue?

this is my PC's specification

Asus p5k-vm MoBo

Intel C2Q 2.4 GHz Q6600 processor

4 GB ram

Creative audigy sound card

NVIDIA GTS 250 512mb

This is a decent configuration for a PC

I'm running ideneb 10.5.7 on it and all working fine except graphic card. but when i compare my PC with my friend's mac book pro. every time i notice a massive performance difference, the animation effect runs so smooth on mac book pro compare to my osx86 mac (maybe this is because i don't have a working kext for my graphic card), data transfer time is more on my osx86 mac, even the folder opening time is more on my PC. there's a lot of difference if i compare my PC to a mac book pro.

And I'm sorry I'm changing my post's hole subject but it's very urgent. i bought a new leadtek nvidia 512mb GTS 250 graphic card few days before so can anybody tell me how to make it work. i was using ATI card earlier and i don't have a single idea about how to make a nvidia card working.

• 3 weeks later...