OpenCL Benches: OLD

mitch_de

33 posts in this topic

Hi mitch_de,

Is there an alternative site for me to download the 7MB "OpenCL_Displacement_Bench.zip" file? I either got "Your IP address xxx.xxx.x.xx is already downloading a file. Please wait until the download is completed." or once I got the right IP address (after trying a few times), after waiting for 50secs, I got the following error:

"The download session has expired. Please click here to start the download again." :)

-vince

Sure its possible , if someone has an place to put that 7 MB file on.

I dont have that , sorry. Any my ISP allows only 1,5 MB max. filesize for any file .

Okay, went into work and its displaying at 87fps in the blue ball grey background mode and 84fps in the texture mode.

This is using a Radeon 4870 1GB (sapphire)

Mac Pro (1,1)

2.66Ghz quad core

4GB RAM

Seems that ARD really was limiting my fps to 60.

Thanks!

Does both scenes look "good" ? I ask because at least two other 4870 users told me near same FPS results. But also that the result window grafic looks wrong/very bad.

Have you also tried that new OpenCL Transpose Bandwith test (DL End of post1) ?

Here I tried with a MacPro1,1, Sapphire 4970 512MB 2nd generation (black with big cooler) and I get the same FPS (around 70-74, not using ARD) and the graphis is terribly wrong, clearly not right. In my MacBook Pro 4,1 (nvidia) they look good.

Have a look at a screenshot

http://img3.yfrog.com/i/displacement4870.jpg/

Sure its possible , if someone has an place to put that 7 MB file on.

I dont have that , sorry. Any my ISP allows only 1,5 MB max. filesize for any file .

Thanks!

Does both scenes look "good" ? I ask because at least two other 4870 users told me near same FPS results. But also that the result window grafic looks wrong/very bad.

Have you also tried that new OpenCL Transpose Bandwith test (DL End of post1) ?

Yeah, about 3/4 of the time I run the application I get bugs like Osssua does, not fun, but just gotta wait on those shiny new drivers.

Also I tried the Matrix Transpose, here are the results:

Mac-Pro:OpenCL Tranpose Bandwidhttest davidwong$ ./transpose
Performing Matrix Transpose [256 x 4096]...
Bandwidth Achieved = 3.160816 GB/sec
Results Validated!

4870 1GB sapphire

Mac Pro (1,1) 2.66Ghz 4GB RAM