yoyodude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Do ypu have an TFT ?
because same 60 FPS
Check if yoo have beam sncy aktice.
Go to the Menu of the running Bench (right of Apple Menue entry) and to Preferences.....
There is an sync entry which should not be set
Then quit and restart the app again and look if there are changes.
The above doesnt really matter if you are on normal monitor (100+ Hz) but TFT 60Hz may limit gpu bench to 60 FPS.
If same FPS without that sync in preferences, i will post the values as they are. Sure, 60 / 60 FPS are possile :)

I got the bench running on a 4870 locally (for some reason, about 2/3rds of the times I launch the bench it fails to draw the graphics correctly) and am getting 84-85 FPS with the white background and blue ball, and 88-89 fps with the textured background & glass ball.

Will be interesting to see how this develops if ATI is working hard to improve the drivers.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
Thanks
On what CPU (MacPro, OSX86) do you run the Displacement Bench ?
I got an information that at MacPro 2009 + ATI 4870 the bench fails with an segmentation fault - right before the result window would show.

And you are right, it seems that even that bench not running normal (without any probs / full speed) on ATI 48xx.
So lets wait fro 10.6.1 which isnt very far :)

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
Update:
An new compiled Displacement (the app only) which was build with GCC 4.2 very less optimzed compiler settings seems to run on ATI 4870 more stable / reliable.
Around 88 FPS on ATI 4870 (two results posted)

I attatched the small dl at the first post as displacement_ATi4870 for overwrite+usage with the whole (normal) 7 MB dl.

Also an new OpenCL Bench Transpose Bandwith added (post 1).

Good benching !! :P

vincechan06

vincechan06

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Update:
An new compiled Displacement (the app only) which was build with GCC 4.2 very less optimzed compiler settings seems to run on ATI 4870 more stable / reliable.
Around 88 FPS on ATI 4870 (two results posted)

I attatched the small dl at the first post as displacement_ATi4870 for overwrite+usage with the whole (normal) 7 MB dl.

Also an new OpenCL Bench Transpose Bandwith added (post 1).

Good benching !! :D

Hi mitch_de,
Is there an alternative site for me to download the 7MB "OpenCL_Displacement_Bench.zip" file? I either got "Your IP address xxx.xxx.x.xx is already downloading a file. Please wait until the download is completed." or once I got the right IP address (after trying a few times), after waiting for 50secs, I got the following error:
"The download session has expired. Please click here to start the download again." :)

-vince

wesux

wesux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Okay, went into work and its displaying at 87fps in the blue ball grey background mode and 84fps in the texture mode.

This is using a Radeon 4870 1GB (sapphire)
Mac Pro (1,1)
2.66Ghz quad core
4GB RAM

Seems that ARD really was limiting my fps to 60.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts

Hi mitch_de,
Is there an alternative site for me to download the 7MB "OpenCL_Displacement_Bench.zip" file? I either got "Your IP address xxx.xxx.x.xx is already downloading a file. Please wait until the download is completed." or once I got the right IP address (after trying a few times), after waiting for 50secs, I got the following error:
"The download session has expired. Please click here to start the download again." :)
-vince

Sure its possible , if someone has an place to put that 7 MB file on.
I dont have that , sorry. Any my ISP allows only 1,5 MB max. filesize for any file .

Okay, went into work and its displaying at 87fps in the blue ball grey background mode and 84fps in the texture mode.

This is using a Radeon 4870 1GB (sapphire)
Mac Pro (1,1)
2.66Ghz quad core
4GB RAM

Seems that ARD really was limiting my fps to 60.

Thanks!
Does both scenes look "good" ? I ask because at least two other 4870 users told me near same FPS results. But also that the result window grafic looks wrong/very bad.

Have you also tried that new OpenCL Transpose Bandwith test (DL End of post1) ?

osssua

osssua

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Here I tried with a MacPro1,1, Sapphire 4970 512MB 2nd generation (black with big cooler) and I get the same FPS (around 70-74, not using ARD) and the graphis is terribly wrong, clearly not right. In my MacBook Pro 4,1 (nvidia) they look good.

Have a look at a screenshot

http://img3.yfrog.co...cement4870.jpg/

Sure its possible , if someone has an place to put that 7 MB file on.
I dont have that , sorry. Any my ISP allows only 1,5 MB max. filesize for any file .

Thanks!
Does both scenes look "good" ? I ask because at least two other 4870 users told me near same FPS results. But also that the result window grafic looks wrong/very bad.

Have you also tried that new OpenCL Transpose Bandwith test (DL End of post1) ?

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
Yep - ATI GPUs need an OpenCL update for doing this without failures, sure included with 10.6.1 / 10.6.2 OS X update.

cparm

cparm

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 997 posts
please mitch, merge all your opencl topics, so we will have only one thread about opencl testing ;)

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
Will be made very soon :)

wesux

wesux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yeah, about 3/4 of the time I run the application I get bugs like Osssua does, not fun, but just gotta wait on those shiny new drivers.

Also I tried the Matrix Transpose, here are the results:
Mac-Pro:OpenCL Tranpose Bandwidhttest davidwong$ ./transpose
Performing Matrix Transpose [256 x 4096]...
Bandwidth Achieved = 3.160816 GB/sec
Results Validated!

4870 1GB sapphire
Mac Pro (1,1) 2.66Ghz 4GB RAM

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
Thanks for that report.
Soon there will be an collected (only one thread) OpenCL main Thread in the sticky part here.

cparm

cparm

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 997 posts
mitch_de have merged all the opencl tools in this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy