Snow Leopard Upgrade Disk?

Oatman

9 posts in this topic

I was wondering if it is possible just to pop in the snow leopard disk and to run an upgrade from 10.5.8 to 10.6, as long as I have dsmos.kext and disabler.kext installed? I have been able to update from 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 doing this method with software update in the past. Then I just reinstalled my kexts and that worked in the past? Is it that easy to do it with the snow leopard disk to take me to 10.6?

I am using Chameleon 2 RC2

If I can, how would I boot the Snow Leopard disk through chameleon?

Also another question is since the disk is like 6GIG and I only have a 4.7GIG disk, what can I do about this? Almost all apple disks were this big including leopard but iPC got his disk down to 4.5? How can I do this with snow leopard?

Thanks!

I was wondering if it is possible just to pop in the snow leopard disk and to run an upgrade from 10.5.8 to 10.6, as long as I have dsmos.kext and disabler.kext installed? I have been able to update from 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 doing this method with software update in the past. Then I just reinstalled my kexts and that worked in the past? Is it that easy to do it with the snow leopard disk to take me to 10.6?

I am using Chameleon 2 RC2

If I can, how would I boot the Snow Leopard disk through chameleon?

Also another question is since the disk is like 6GIG and I only have a 4.7GIG disk, what can I do about this? Almost all apple disks were this big including leopard but iPC got his disk down to 4.5? How can I do this with snow leopard?

Thanks!

I think he removed the PPC code to get the image to fit on a SL dvd. AS far as how to, I would just wait for a OSX86 image to be made or just get your self a 8GB flash drive and boot and install from it. NO MORE DVD'S FOR ME!

Blah! This sounds gross. I tried last night to get this to work but I did a stupid move, I actually ran OSInstall.mpkg while I was using the operating system... It totally currupted my whole installation and then I restored with time machine but then I got a stupid:

MBR Done

Error

So basically I lost everything, stupid apple.

Does anyone know how to create a boot up disk for snow to get the retail dvd to work. I have a retail snow leopard dvd already... I was wondeirng what I need to do to make my own custom iso boot loader to get the retail dvd to work.

Thanks.