I am on a desktop

pentiumx

pentiumx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I am on a desktop

Yah, desktop and laptop GMA950 are very different.
What DSDT patching method did you use? I'd be willing to try on my laptop GMA950.
Right now, am using SL kexts with EFI string and have resolution support but not full acceleration (also no VGA out, but that usually requires old framebuffer kext for me).

Radiance

Radiance

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
These worked on my 1000he, found them somewhere on the internet.

Attached Files

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

So you have Chameleon installed on the EFI partition and the com.apple.Boot.plist with the string in is the Extra folder there? that's the only place you have to put the string? Can you post the complete contents of your plist file?

I heard the DSDT patch does not work on the mobile chipsets?

yes, Extra folder on hidden EFI partition with the EFI string. c.a.boot.plist is located here

yahooligan

yahooligan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

i have tried to run sl with my gma950 27a2 (hp 530 notebook) with efi string (works perfectly under 10.5.8) but it doesn't work on snow leopard :)

cuki3r3k83,

I also have an HP 520/530.

Any luck? I just installed Snow Leopard using the russian mod SnowOSX Universal, and I can't get it to boot into the OS. I get a kernel panic right after the Darwin launch. Any progress? Maybe we can work together on this one? Could this panic be due to the graphics driver problem?

GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Is there any way to get the source for this kext and recompile it as 64-bit? I'm interested to try, but just curious if it has been done yet. I hate to reinvent the wheel.

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Is there any way to get the source for this kext and recompile it as 64-bit? I'm interested to try, but just curious if it has been done yet. I hate to reinvent the wheel.

I don't think anybody has tried. We'd know by know. Go for it. That'd be reallly incredible if you can do it and I'd make you my hero :)

shames

shames

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
stock gma950 driver works fine in 32bit mode. in order to use the max resolution . i fixed it using this guide

http://www.insanelym...p...&start=380#

it fixed everything except for the sleep function but i also got it working using SleepEnabler.kext.zip

NOTE: You also need to edit your com.apple.Boot.plist

and add this code below your Kernel Flag "arch=i386" without quotation

it will lo0k exactly like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
</dict>
</plist>

h0pe that helpz:D

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

stock gma950 driver works fine in 32bit mode. in order to use the max resolution . i fixed it using this guide

http://www.insanelym...p...&start=380#

it fixed everything except for the sleep function but i also got it working using SleepEnabler.kext.zip

NOTE: You also need to edit your com.apple.Boot.plist

and add this code below your Kernel Flag "arch=i386" without quotation

it will lo0k exactly like this

h0pe that helpz:D

I assume you got a desktop. gma950 on notebooks may not need a patch at all, just EFI string in c.a.boot.plist (see post 24 above and link)
btw. arch=i386 will not work this way in boot.plist. it needs to be a key
<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>
otherwise it will boot into 64 bit provided your cpu is 64bit, e.g. C2D. I got this from kabyl at voodoo.

shames

shames

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I assume you got a desktop. gma950 on notebooks may not need a patch at all, just EFI string in c.a.boot.plist (see post 24 above and link)
btw. arch=i386 will not work this way in boot.plist. it needs to be a key
<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>
otherwise it will boot into 64 bit provided your cpu is 64bit, e.g. C2D. I got this from kabyl at voodoo.

yup i'm using desktop. arch=i386 below the kernel flag work fine for me. i'm using c2d

le jeune bidouilleur

le jeune bidouilleur

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
hey guys, i'm buying a EEEbox 202, with GMA950 graphics, will it work with snow?
Thanks

Espionage724

Espionage724

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
If its a notebook, your best shot is a EFI patch
If its a desktop, you should try the DSDT fix posted somewhere for 950GMA and Desktops.

I'm on a laptop and I can use stock Snow Leopard 950gma kexts fine but I HAD to use the EFI patch.

leppy700m

leppy700m

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

So you have Chameleon installed on the EFI partition and the com.apple.Boot.plist with the string in is the Extra folder there? that's the only place you have to put the string? Can you post the complete contents of your plist file?

I heard the DSDT patch does not work on the mobile chipsets?

Yes it does. It works perfectly with an external monitor on my D620 - no kexts needed. However, with that setup I can't use the laptop display - so - I use the ancient framebuffer and it's good. I haven't noticed artifacting with Snow yet.

My boot/post install should work on almost any laptop with GMA950 for Snow Leopard.

You can link to it from my tagline.

heistsj

heistsj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

i have tried to run sl with my gma950 27a2 (hp 530 notebook) with efi string (works perfectly under 10.5.8) but it doesn't work on snow leopard :(

Where did you get the EFI string? I have the same graphics card in my hp dv6000 and am running sl but cannot see DVD video due to graphics card. EFI studio only has nvidia cards.

Thanks!

mola78

mola78

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
i tried all solutions, kexts manipulation, dsdt, efi...
None of them work for me on HP 2140.
Dissapointing.

teaseme

teaseme

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
 Hi guys. i solved my 1024x768 problem just using the boot flags:

"Graphics Mode"="WIDTHxHEIGHTxDEPTH" (e.g. "1280x1024x32")

and it just works!!!

Alvin Garcia

Alvin Garcia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

If its a notebook, your best shot is a EFI patch
If its a desktop, you should try the DSDT fix posted somewhere for 950GMA and Desktops.

I'm on a laptop and I can use stock Snow Leopard 950gma kexts fine but I HAD to use the EFI patch.

Hello,

I'm curious to know what prompted you so write that you HAD to use the EFI patch. I also have a laptop, a DELL E1505 with GMA 950 graphics, and have been trying for a couple of weeks to get my graphics card properly detected using DSDT edits. I have it properly detected when using a device-properties EFI string in my com.apple.Boot.plist, but would like to get it working through DSDT. I have a number of other DSDT edits successfully applied, but I have so far been unable to get my graphics card detected via DSDT edits. I've tried the "Clamshell hack Intel GMA" DSDT edit from DSDTSE, pasted below:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                {                    Store (Package ()                        {                            "AAPL,slot-name",                                 Buffer () {"Built in"},                            "AAPL,Haslid",                                 Buffer () {0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00},                            "AAPL,aux-power-connected",                                 Buffer () {0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00},                            "AAPL,backlight-control",                                 Buffer () {0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00},                            "AAPL,BacklightRestore",                                 Buffer () {0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00},                            "AAPL,HasPanel",                                 Buffer () {0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00},                            "AAPL01,BacklightIntensity",                                 Buffer () {0x4E, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00},                            "device_type",                                 Buffer () {"display"},                            "model",                                 Buffer () {"GMA950"},                            "built-in",                                 Buffer () {0x00}                        }, Local0)                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                    Return (Local0)                }

I've also tried just leaving the "AAPL,HasPanel" and "model" entries listed above, as those are the only things I have in my device-property string when I use an EFI string in my com.apple.Boot.plist. I've also tried it with "GMA 950" instead of "GMA950", to match my com.apple.Boot.plist.

Unfortunately, none of these things lets my graphics card get properly detected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

tcartel87

tcartel87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
this is my chipset display can i get some assistance

Chipset Model: GMA 950
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0xa011
Revision ID: 0x0000
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 800 x 600
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

wanna change it to 1024x600 help

dawntodon

dawntodon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
the following code worked for me in my com.apple.boot.plist:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v cpus=1 arch=i386</string>
	<key>PciRoot</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>5</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
	<string>6d0000000100000001000000610000000200000002010c00d041030a00000000010106000002
7fff0400100000006d006f00640065006c0000000b000000474d41203935302000000041004100500
04c002c00480061007300500061006e0065006c0000000800000001000000</string>
	<key>AAPL,HasPanel</key>
	<string>0x00000001</string>
	<key>model</key>
	<string>GMA 950</string>
</dict>
</plist>

now only if I could figure a way to get the card to be read as having more than 64MB VRAM. Doesn't it have theoretically 256MB shared vram?

zel777

zel777

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I just found this for anyone that's still interested in the gma950 fix for snow leopard
http://latesthub.com...ow-leopard-fix/

I'm using it on an acer aspire 5610z with Hazard Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and it seems to be working fine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy