[AMD] Installing Snow Leopard 10A432 on AMD System

arya

182 posts in this topic

I used DSDTSE App to extract my dsdt.aml. I was unable to complie it, so I have uploaded my dsdt.dsl file. Also, I have uploaded the logs from the DSDT Patcher from Hardknox's guide, which I used in order to patch my Snow install.

As for Marvin's AMD Utilities, I selected "Create Patcher Package" but I keep getting kernel panic halfway through the process. I am going to try using Marvin's AMD Util, from my Leopard install to see if I get kernel panic or not.

Ignore my post about trouble with Marvin's AMD Util. I just went back to Snow, and patched the binaries without doing the simulation mode. What changes am I suppose to notice now once my cpuids are patched?

marvinkp.th.jpg

Also, VoodooPower 1.2.3, is for Leopard only. But I am guessing Snow Leopard supported version is coming out soon. Meanwhile I'll give 1.2.3 a try to see if it works.

--------===== Edit ===== --------

I downloaded 10.6.4 combo update and booted into safe mode. Near the end of the installation of update (1 min remaining), I got a kernel panic. The same kernel panic I got earlier regarding the kext related to firewire. I booted into Leopard and noticed that the update reinstalled those firewire related kext. So what I did was, renamed them to Name.kext.bak and try to boot back into Snow. Despite disabling those firewire kext, I am not getting the same kernel panic related to those firewire kext.

Am I not able to boot into Snow, despite disabling the firewire kext, because the update was left unfinished and now when boot into Snow, it automatically loads those kext from another temp location created by the combo update?

Does update always install a fresh copy of kext or did it install it because those firewire related kext weren't present?

I have PM'd your fixed DSDT.aml file.........

Wow thanks a lot verdant for give your time and effort to help me. I am sucesfully gotten most of the things working in Snow, except for few.

1) CPUID Patching- Marvin's AMD Utility keeps failing and won't batch the binaries. It progresses past 95% and in the end, it tells me: WARNING! Error reading cpuid data file!!! -- Stopping. Looking at the log.txt, I noticed the error is occurring due to /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib.

(continued)
••• CPUID found in binary: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
••• CPUID found in binary: /usr/libexec/ptmd
(continued)
--+ /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
 +   File is fat
***   err041 - parse cpuids - No base addr or cpuids for prev file name
*** Trying to undo cpuid patches made prior to error
(continued)

It finds the CPUID for it, but then later, during the patching process it can't find the CPUID for it, so it undos all the patching and fails. I looked at the CPUID file, and all it says it this:

/usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib

There is no CPUID listed for this binary, in the CPUID file, but the log indicate, it found a cpuid for it.

*I can simply overcome the issue above by insteading for selecting the whole Snow volume when patching, I can patch all individual directories expect for the /usr/lib/ directory. But this would still prevent me from patching /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib. But I am not sure how critical is the need for patching this binary? What does this binary do? Will it be okay if I leave it unpatched? *

2) Sound- Can't control volume from the volume slider in the menu bar. I have to go to System Preferences >> Sound. I am still investigating this issue. I noticed others posted similar issue in this thread, so I will post the solution once I have it figured out.

3) Poor battery life- Earlier you said its due to poor power management. Since current version of voodooPower is not Snow compatible, still waiting on the release of voodooPower 1.3 for Snow. Meanwhile I installed voodooPowerAcpi which still didn't really fix the issue.

For those of you who are following this thread or are in similar situation as me, I will be writing a through guide on how I got Snow installed on my nForce 560 chipset, and various issues and problems I ran into and how I fixed them.

2010.07.02_at_01.10.zip

I think the path to be patched to activate keyboard volume control should be this... hope it helps

/System/Library/LoginPlugins/BezelServices.loginPlugin/Contents/MacOS/BezelServices

Volume slider in menu bar still doesn't work

Wow thanks a lot verdant for give your time and effort to help me. I am sucesfully gotten most of the things working in Snow, except for few.

2) Sound- Can't control volume from the volume slider in the menu bar. I have to go to System Preferences >> Sound. I am still investigating this issue. I noticed others posted similar issue in this thread, so I will post the solution once I have it figured out.

For those of you who are following this thread or are in similar situation as me, I will be writing a through guide on how I got Snow installed on my nForce 560 chipset, and various issues and problems I ran into and how I fixed them.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
when I try to boot with -v i get this message ( I tried installing snow leopard on my external hard drive plugged into usbl )

Can someone help me?

SOLVED : it's a bug with my USB Ports , I just changed the port and now everything works

Can you tell me what you mean by "changed the port" ?

• 4 weeks later...