Can't seem to fix KP after extensions are loaded

LedY

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to boot SL on my Pentium-D ECS 945GZT-M system but I keep seeing kernel panics very early in the boot process (after the extensions are loaded). It says something about 'MAC OS Version: Not yet set' and BSD process 'unknown'. I don't have a camera to take a screenshot of the KP but this is similar to what I see:

3843137860_bd547cdd64_b.jpg

The one in the picture is from an x64 boot but I see the same panic on my x32 boot using modbin's kernel.

I installed Chameleon RC1 and using netkas' PC EFI v10.1.

I tried various things...dsdt.aml, replacing IOATAFamily.kext with the 10.5.8 version GUID and MBR installs but nothing seems to work. The dsdt.aml that was generated for my motherboard already has the RTC length=2 change.

I'm out of ideas...Has anyone else seen this same thing and found a fix for it? This is strange, my leo install is working great with no modified kexts..all I need is a custom kernel.

Thanks a lot.

I'm trying to boot SL on my Pentium-D ECS 945GZT-M system but I keep seeing kernel panics very early in the boot process (after the extensions are loaded). It says something about 'MAC OS Version: Not yet set' and BSD process 'unknown'. I don't have a camera to take a screenshot of the KP but this is similar to what I see:

3843137860_bd547cdd64_b.jpg

The one in the picture is from an x64 boot but I see the same panic on my x32 boot using modbin's kernel.

I installed Chameleon RC1 and using netkas' PC EFI v10.1.

I tried various things...dsdt.aml, replacing IOATAFamily.kext with the 10.5.8 version GUID and MBR installs but nothing seems to work. The dsdt.aml that was generated for my motherboard already has the RTC length=2 change.

I'm out of ideas...Has anyone else seen this same thing and found a fix for it? This is strange, my leo install is working great with no modified kexts..all I need is a custom kernel.

Thanks a lot.

I have similar problem, kernel panics occurs very early in the boot process.

MB : Asrock Conroe945GZ-DVI

CPU : Celeron 420

Bootloader : Chameleon 2.0 RC1 and PCEFI 10.1

E/E Folder : fakesmc.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Patched DSDT at the root.

Any idea?

UPDATE:

It's probably related to the IOATAFamily.kext problem.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181389

Any idea?

try using the boot file listed as Debug from my guide. it will give you allot more then just a basic KP, (like threading info and what really caused the KP)

Good luck

Any idea?

I have the same board, albeit with a core2duo. And the same problem, too.

10.5.8 works flawlessly, but with SL i never made it beyond that early KP. Too bad.

--

joshua