SL Running on Gigabyte EP45DQ6

megavolkan

11 posts in this topic

Allright, anyone has a chance to get SL runninig on Gigabyte EP45DQ6 board people?

I got instant kernel panics right after watching the wellcome video after install, where i should fill ot the registration forms etc.

I got to the desktop once via -x bootflag. But it lasted only a few minutes before it gave another damn kernel panic.. :)

So anyone has luck with it so far ??

and thank you

i have gigabyte EP-45 DS3.. full working system.. no kernel panics.. what kexts + boot loader do you use??

I have the same mobo with a q6600 cpu and SL hopefully will arrive pretty soon, bought it yesterday. So are you running a fully working SL or Leo 10.5... If it´s SL would you mind share how you managed to get it to run and what kexts, method etc you´re using.

I´m in Sweden

Thanks

i have gigabyte EP-45 DS3.. full working system.. no kernel panics.. what kexts + boot loader do you use??

Is there any spesific guide u used to install snow leo? Also i don't know if my mobo is compatible with your kexts but can you explain which kexts you used for installation?

• 2 weeks later...

alright, I'm running 10.6 on my EP45-DQ6. Mostly working, sound isnt doing much so far but otherwise stable once running. Once running because it panics when booting if I dont specify -x32. But then it looks like it loads 64 bit kernel anyway. If I don't specify -x32 it panics while on fsck_hfs.

I followed Blackosxs guide for (i think the ep45-UD3R or somesuch.. similar board) SL install from a USB stick, after using his guide on making my dsdt.aml based on the F12 BIOS dled from gigabyte. Only thing I didnt do is add sound to my dsdt. maybe a mistake?

Used all blackosxs .kexts etc. Works fine, really, system info doesnt display whether QE/CI etc is working but the feel is very snappy so I think some form of video accel is functional. Not perfect, but definately gettin there.

good luck...

m