ASUS P5N-MX Guide !

aly369

59 posts in this topic

Asus p5n-mx Guide.. Things you wil need

*Usb flash drive

*Ipc 10.5.6 disk (doesnt atter if its the beta one)

* A usb keyboard and mouse ( i couldnt get the ps2 ones working.....)

Getting started

Firstly, you will need to flash your bios to 0802 the (newist version) , because of the Evil "Still waiting for root device"....

Download This file from asus website Here

and copy file file the usb drive and boot into the bios (make sure the usb drive is plugged in).

Go to the "Flashing" Tab or something like that and select the bios flasher. select the file that is on your usb drive and flash it.

Next we want to go back into the BIOS, go to the Advanced Tab, select "Sata Controller" and select that to AHCI..

If your ready to install mac then, MAKE SURE THAT YOU ONLY HAVE 1 HARD DRIVE IN WHEN INSTALLING it can make things go horrible wrong..... Right Insert your Ipc disk and use -v and you should get to the glourious welcome screen.

Format your hard disk to mac osx (journled). Go to the customize menu and select

2u56wj8.jpg

I have removed the graphics just choose what you want there and sound we will install that later.

After the install has complete (takes around 6-12mins) it should reboot and it will go though the setup YOU MUST HAVE A PASSWORD ON YOUR USER ACCOUNT !!!

After that you should be in the os. You will realize that you have no sound you will need these drivers (thanks to voodoo)

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?...39.0;attach=161

Drag the .kext file into kext helper then put in your password and let it install. Leave the .prefpane alone untill we reboot.

After rebooting go back into the folder with the prefpane and double click on it. click on install and in system prefences now you should have sound.

Theres only 1 problem ive found with it. After a reboot the settings go back (for the microphone) back to default (I dont now why please Pm if you have an answer )

By the way i couldnt of done this without Verdant so say thanks to him. :)

Thats it if Happy days from aly369

My specs:

ASUS P5N-MX

Intel pentium dual core @ 1.80 Ghz

nforce 610i chipset

160GB IDE HARD DRIVE

80 GB SATA HD

Windows vista home premiun + os x

*****If you have any problema just leave a post on thing fourm !!****

Aly369

hi aly369!

My Spec:

MoBo:Asus P5N-MX

Intel Core2Duo E7200 2.53 GHz

2GB DDR2 RAM

160 GB HDD (ATA)

I flashed bios to 0802, then SATA to AHCI, and booted with iPC 10.5.6 Universal Final

but shows still waiting for root device. Please Help!!!!!!!!!

Previosly iwas able to install XxX 10.5.6 Universal but after reboot showed still waiting for root device.

ahhhh i know why under ACPI change it to S3 and see what happens

ya i tried it but still same problem!!!

my HDD is ATA/IDE (Master) and DVD/RW ATA/IDE (Slave).

is it cause any problem.

here i m giving u photograph of error page

post-465009-1249574479_thumb.jpg

Its because i think your using IDE still it shouldnt give you "still waiting for root device" now your gonna be a ginnypig :D can you flash your BIOS To 0202 then to 0802 please..... because im thinking back to the steps i did

EDIT: before you try that make your dvd drive (master) and your hard disk the (slave)

Its because i think your using IDE still it shouldnt give you "still waiting for root device" now your gonna be a ginnypig ;) can you flash your BIOS To 0202 then to 0802 please..... because im thinking back to the steps i did

EDIT: before you try that make your dvd drive (master) and your hard disk the (slave)

ya i changed my dvd (Master) and HDD (slave) still no result

then i flashed my bios to first 0202 and then 0802 again no result.

can you give me your bios settings selected?

have you installed in SATA HDD?

Please Help!!!

ya i changed my dvd (Master) and HDD (slave) still no result

then i flashed my bios to first 0202 and then 0802 again no result.

can you give me your bios settings selected?

have you installed in SATA HDD?

Please Help!!!

Yes i used a SATA HDD

try the XxX 10.5.6 Universal one again with AHCI on the BIOS

Thanks for understanding...:rolleyes:

EDIT: Wait a sec can you give me photos of your bios, becuase i know what settings need to be changed but only can remember if i see the bios screen..

Hey aly369!

Thanks for help

today I was able to install the kalyway 10.5.2 but again on reboot the evil came up.

Here is the error that I got....

Error with kalyway 10.5.2

From path: "uuid"

waiting foe boot volume with UUID 5DCDBC51- 863C - 3D37 - 973C - 68EF9BBDB537

waiting on <dict ID="0"><key> IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1"> IOResources</string><key> IOResourceMatch </key><string ID="2"> boot - uuid - media </string></dict>

USBF: 5.874 AppleUSBOHCI [0x3587000]: : Check Sleep Capability - OHCI Controller will be unloaded across sleep

Still waiting for root device

Thanks all seems good..... try ideneb 10.5.6 or 10.5.7 or Atkos v7...

hey aly369!!!!

ya i started to download iAtko 7..... so it will take time.

but is there not any other ways to solve the problem for iPC or kalyway. because u and me have the same MOBO except HDD and DVD/WR.

can u please compare the BIOS images of my MOBO with yours? because I think still there is a one or some mistake in BIOS only..

please can u do it for me?

hey aly369!!!!

but is there not any other ways to solve the problem for iPC or kalyway. because u and me have the same MOBO except HDD and DVD/WR.

can u please compare the BIOS images of my MOBO with yours? because I think still there is a one or some mistake in BIOS only..

Hey i cant, till next saturday untill i get home......

I think what it is that ipc and xxx both support the sata on our mobo but not IDE... ;) While were waiting try installing the nforce chipset driver in xxx 10.5.6 xxx

Thanks

hey aly369!!!!

While aly369 is away, check your BIOS settings by going to post #1 (also see post #2) in my Pre-Series 7 thread here.... :)

.... I readed your topic on pre seriese nforce mobo...

I checked my BIOS, but there is no mistake.

Now I installed iAtkos 7i, but again on reboot displayed same problem

"waiting for boot device with uuid...."

"still waiting for root device"

hhhhhhhhhhh.................!!!!!!!!!!!!

What should I do?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Finaly I got..........

Hi aly369

I installed iPC, iAtkos. but only with SATA/SATA. :blink:

with only one problem that graphics. when i choose NVinject 128, NVKush it hangs on reboot on the grey screen. :D

otherwise all other things run fine.

again thanks buddy. :D

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Finaly I got..........

Hi aly369

I installed iPC, iAtkos. but only with SATA/SATA. :blink:

with only one problem that graphics. when i choose NVinject 128, NVKush it hangs on reboot on the grey screen. :wacko:

otherwise all other things run fine.

again thanks buddy. :D

What graphics card have you got ? if your using the onboard 1 then it dosnt work