Mac OSX on Acer Aspire Timeline 4810TZ

acerboy

111 posts in this topic

hey, witch exacly were the files u guys used to make a boot 132 disk for SL? i have burned one but am getting an error(can't remember exact words) something about /com.boot. (something) cannot be found or missing. thanx for any help!

that should be. normal.. as the plist file does not exist..

BTW .. I've pm you the location for GRUB dfe boot cd..

My progress on 3810t.

graphics half working. (native resolution. no QE)

no lan

no wifi, may swap with another card.. Any recommendations ? Dell 1490 ?

no audio yet.. this should work..

I heard 10.6 supports the lan . will try to get it working. but first attemp to boot SL failed.

my 3810 is now named "headache"

that should be. normal.. as the plist file does not exist..

BTW .. I've pm you the location for GRUB dfe boot cd..

My progress on 3810t.

graphics half working. (native resolution. no QE)

no lan

no wifi, may swap with another card.. Any recommendations ? Dell 1490 ?

no audio yet.. this should work..

I heard 10.6 supports the lan . will try to get it working. but first attemp to boot SL failed.

my 3810 is now named "headache"

Hey, did u add anything to the grub loader cd. Ivan getting stuck on Loading Darwinx86

Hy, i have an Aspire 5735Z and i installed iPC OSx86 10.5.6.

What worked after instalation :

Camera

USB - i selected ICH10 SATA driver

Firewire PCIE card (work only if conected before the begining of the install - if connected after install i get the error to reset my laptop even i connect the firewire card with mac on and with mac off)

Sound - selected ALC268

Keyboard and mouse - selected at the install the keyboard and mouse fix

What i installed after :

Video - GMA 4500 as x3100 with quartz enabled and no quartz extreme

LAN - partialy - Marvel 88E8071 - works with yukon.kext modified but it can`t get an IP ... it gives this errors : Oct 1 20:22:55 localhost kernel[0]: AppleYukon: error - TWSI: transfer does not complete Oct 1 20:22:59 viorel-andreis-mac-pro kernel[0]: AppleYukon - en0 link active, 100-Mbit, full duplex, asymmetric flow control - transmit pause only!

USB Modem HUAWEY - works

WLAN - unrecognized - Atheros AR5B91

I tried at the LAN and WLAN all type of drivers even from Tiger and they don`t work.

If you know how to make my LAN to work please feel free to post :P

Hi,

the Wlan card appears to be supported under Snow Leopard, maybe there's hope for us (I've got it in my Sony Vaio W)...

The Marvel Lan is a pitty, but I think someone had a solution. I got to go now, but I'll search for it this evening, so there might be hope ;)

Greetz

Hi,

unfortunately your kext didn't work for my Sony Vaio W in Leopard with this Wlan card...

But I think this is normal, because there are several kexts interacting to get the "Airport-experience" :)

(ionetworking,... blabla)

So one would have to port probably all the internet kexts from SL for Leopard, maybe you could do that, aNeGaTiVe10, if you'd make it possibly, you were a saint :P

Greetz

Well, what we basically do here is trying to force something onto a computer which is not designed for it. So to my mind it is clear Mac OS will in most cases (of course there are nice examples against like the Dell Mini 9) not run perfectly on our PCs. But what we want is nice (and, compared with Apple hardware, cheap) hardware with Mac OS running on it.

I totally agree with you that battery life is poor, did anyone try voodoo-power to use speed-stepping?

Maybe that could tackle this problem, although the screen always running at highest level is a big problem, too...

Greetz

I got my timeline 4810TZ working pretty much 90%, I used iAtkos V7, with the following options checked at install:

USB Driver, Intel AHCI Driver, Battery Driver & Utility, Voodoo PS2 Driver, SpeedStep / Throttle Driver.

I replaced my wireless card with a HP Broadcom card. I had to cut the metal cage off the card and put tape inbetween because the 4810TZ has a mounting post that actually extends right into the PCI-Mini card, but they designed the card with the chip in the middle to avoid the support post. I also used a exacto blade to cut the data line to pin 2o on the wireless card, it now stays powered on all the time, I had issues getting it to power on before.

Audio works from speakers and from headphones. USB works, and my Card Reader works too. Only thing that doesn't work is LAN, Camera and proper accelerated graphics.

Btw, if you want to play videos like Xvid, download Miro, Mplayer and VLC don't work with frame buffer drivers.

THANK you SO much nPw, especially for the native-resolution Fix! :thumbsup_anim:

There still is the problem with wlan, I think I'll get a Dell 1490 card which is natively recognized as Airport...

ben.rec.exe

hello ben.rec.exe

i own an acer timeline 3810tz

and install the ideneb 10.5.8 lite and it work everything except for keyboard, wlan, and trackpad

then i made the keyboard work

but still havent got around to get the trackpad and wlan to work

i have an external usb wireless adapter that works with mac and is ok and my question is where are you going to install the dell 1490 cause i also own a broadcom BCM944311MCG but it's twice the size than the one the timeline has!!!

hope for ypur comments!!

what kext did you use to get the trackpad to work!!

mauroesch

Hi Ekimmu.

I use vodoops2trackpad for touchpad.

There are two possibilities for wlan. You can either exchange the half-sized card with one natively recognized (then use it with built in antenna), which then has to be half-sized, too, or use the second slot, which is empty if you don't have a machine with 3g-functionality. This slot takes normal-sized cards! In that case you have to assemble new antenna and put them somewhere under the motherboard. That's what I did (mainly because I wasn't able to disassemble one of the screws from the built-in card :D).

Yours,

Ben