1 reply to this topic

xiaomei

xiaomei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi

By mistake, Ive installed Chameleon bootloader on my Imac with 10.5.7 (thought this will only unpack it somewhere, not replace original one). Right now system is not booting. I`ve tried to boot from installation disk to fix it by using disk utilities, but it can not repair loader.
Is there any chance to fix it without reinstalling whole system and loosing all data?
I`ve found some tutorials on google, but it seems that they`re not working for me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff

Jeff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Hi

By mistake, Ive installed Chameleon bootloader on my Imac with 10.5.7 (thought this will only unpack it somewhere, not replace original one). Right now system is not booting. I`ve tried to boot from installation disk to fix it by using disk utilities, but it can not repair loader.
Is there any chance to fix it without reinstalling whole system and loosing all data?
I`ve found some tutorials on google, but it seems that they`re not working for me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

boot from the dvd and enter terminal
type diskutil list
find the disk number of the drive in question disk0 or disk1

next type
fdisk -e /dev/disk then the number like disk0 or disk1
example
fdisk -e /dev/disk0

next if you have partitioned your hard drive we need to know what partition OSX is on. 1,2,3,4,5,6 or whereever

type this one you know

flag partition number

example
if mine is one partition 1 i would type

flag 1

if it asks you to say yes during the next few steps say yes
type
update
write
exit
reboot and done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy