iDeneb Combo Upgrade KIT 10.5.7

93 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Works like a charm here1

Using iPC 10.5.6

AMD Phenom i810 X4

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe

Geforce 9800GTX

Run the installer, everything fine. After reboot, use vodoo in the kernel flag. After 2 reboot times, using voodoo again, run the pack, select Voodoo in the kernel, and voila! The only way to make my 9800Gtx+ POV was using 8800GT Efi Strinf and the 9f23nvinstaller (install after removing all Geforce*.* and NV*.* extensions) and the same way works in 10.5.7

Thanks for all!

post-225011-1248034845_thumb.png

My friend and I, our internet stopped working after the upgrade. I know it worked like a few months back but I removed OS X and just put it on a few days back and no interwebz. My friend also has no net. Did an update break this because I swear 10.5.7 upgrade internet still worked before.

My friend and I, our internet stopped working after the upgrade. I know it worked like a few months back but I removed OS X and just put it on a few days back and no interwebz. My friend also has no net. Did an update break this because I swear 10.5.7 upgrade internet still worked before.

Here, no internet stop. My lan are from Marvell (nForce 590) and runs all ok. In the install, select nForce Lan drivers. I suggest you try to change your lan board pci. Maybe a RTL 8139 or something like this.... mayeb work.

Bye!

Here, no internet stop. My lan are from Marvell (nForce 590) and runs all ok. In the install, select nForce Lan drivers. I suggest you try to change your lan board pci. Maybe a RTL 8139 or something like this.... mayeb work.

Bye!

The thing is, I tried re-installing my drivers to no avail. It's weird because it used to work fine. PS Why would re-installing and selecting an option fix it? Is there a single download for the nForce lan drivers?

Hey all,

I've successfully upgraded from 10.5.2 Kalyway to 10.5.7 with the iDeneb Combo Upgrade. There was little headache in the process.

First, I tried booting voodoo, vanilla, and anv. Neither worked.

Second, I booted in safe mood and verified/repaired the disk.

Then I was able to startup by typing "anv" at boot prompt.

The only thing that was out of place was the battery meter. I grabbed the power management update:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=20093

Via this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80425

Thanks and good day!

I have also updated form Kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.7 . After install, rebooted with "anv" on boot option and everything worked ok. Only that the ps2 keyboard and Mouse quit working, and I need to unplug them and plug them back in order to work. The fix that came with 700+ package didn't quite fixed it :).

Also, I've lost QE/CI on the 7300gs graphics card, and now I'm desperately trying to get it back. I need this 10.5.7 in order for Logic 9 to work.

Any hint about the ps2 & QE/CI will be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I still have my backup drive with good old trusted 10.5.2 kalyway install, on which the Nvidia 7300Gs is working with both dual screen and QE/CI . Are there any settings that I could copy from there to my new 10.5.7 update partition in order to get the dual screen working with QE/CI ?

:(  Does this update rape the OSX by giving iDeneb logos and text eveywhere? This one reason why I never installed iDeneb (ever earlier). Hehe, looked at screenshot and 'no way'

I didn´t like that moded images either, but the iDeneb brings the OSX86 Tools wich let´s you to change back the original apearance of the Apple´s logo and other things.

I think this is one of the most stable versions of the OSX I had installed ... Recently i installed the iDeneb 1.5 ( 10.5.7 ) wich i found from the torrent and the speed of the system is awesome !!! But, unfortunately ... my keyboard got back the dead keys with the ApplePS2Controller.kext and now I´m trying to revert this without success ´til now !

My ethernet started working again then stopped again. Has anyone ran software update? It broke my internetz but it works half the time. I know it was a software update on a system that went from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 using this method that caused an internet irregularity.

• 2 weeks later...
I have similar problem.

upgrade iDeneb 10.5.5 to 10.5.7 and after restart with -v i see on screen:

Class "AppleEHCIedMemoryBlock" is duplicate

Duplicated class

komd_control/start failed for com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI; destroying kmod

Failed to load extention com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI. <=== its in yellow

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled

Class "AppleEHCIedMemoryBlock" is duplicate

Duplicated class

komd_control/start failed for com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI; destroying kmod

Failed to load extention com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI. <=== its in yellow

BSD root: disk0s3, major 14, minor 3

and nothing else happening.

System is not booting.

How to fix it?

Its on Toshiba U400 J10

Pentium Dual-Core T2390, 2 GB RAM, i945 ICH8

Did you have any luck with this. I am having the exact same error messages show up. Can you please let me know what you ended up doing.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Hi Jack and first off all I want to express great appreciation of Your spendid job

So anyway I managed to install Kalys 10.5.1 on my comp.{ specs at the bottom ]

Now I want to upgrade MAC OS X to acceptable by my soft needs ( FCP. PT and Autodesk Maya ..level so my question is

2x QuadCore Intel Xeon E5450, 3000 MHz

Tyan S5396 Tempest i5400XT

3072 MB (DDR2-667 Fully Buffered ECC DDR2 SDRAM)

NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600 (768 MB)

WDC WD3000GLFS IDE

LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-215D

Yamaha N12 Digital Mixing Studio

Will I be able to fully benefit from Your iDeneb Combo Upgrade KIT 10.5.7

or would You suggest clean install from iDeneb_v1.4_OSx86 ?

What are the cons if any .

I have asked Insanelymac pal " motionworks" earlier who sucessfully installed Your program and wait for reply as well.

Thanks . Mirek Kin

• 4 weeks later...
This KIT of update is possible to install italso on others OSx86 distro ( Ex. Kalyway, Leo4All, iATKOS, iPC, etc )

This is iDeneb Combo Upgrade KIT 10.5.7 ( Intel/AMD, SSE2/SSE3 ), developed by Layne, graphic by Cri900 and contains:

• iDeneb.MacOSx86UpdCombo10.5.7.pkg

• iDeneb.Tool.rev1.mpkg

• Extensions Disabled

Patch Integrated:

• SystemProfiler Patch
  • About This Mac Fix
  • Remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

This KIT allow to update your version Mac OS X to 10.5.7 using iDeneb.MacOSx86UpdCombo10.5.7.pkg and you can boot the system with voodoo kernel typing voodoo,or with AnV XNU 1.4 kernel typing anv or with Vanilla kernel typing vanilla on the boot prompt.

With iDeneb.Tool.rev1.mpkg you can install some kext excluded from update 10.5.7:

• ACPI Kext 10.5.7

• AppleSMBIOS

You can also install:

• PS2Fix per ACPI Kext 10.5.7

⁃ MouseFix

⁃ KeyboardFix

• AppleSMBIOSEFI

• oldHPET

• IOUSBFamilyFix

• NvidiaID

You can setup the kernel voodoo or AnV kernel like kernel by default using the voices under the menu kernel.

You can also install Chameleon 1.0.12.

You can find all extensions excluded in the folder Extensions Disabled.

Good Update and Good Download!

I have a desktop that can run Snow Leopard but since I have a stupid {censored} ATI r4550 video card I can't run it in anything but safe mode making it WORTHLESS.

I have a laptops a Dell Vostro 1700 that's just as {censored} WORTHLESS. I see guide after guide of people successfully running MULTIPLE versions of Mac OS X on the Vostro 1700 but I have the Intel vid chipset and it's complete utter {censored}. Non of the drivers and Kexts are out that properly configure the {censored} display. If you don't have a dedicated graphics chip then you're {censored}ED and don't even try any of this {censored} because it'll just waste your time.

Nether the desktop OR the laptop can be upgraded and BOTH only work with 1 specific version. The desktop can ONLY run IN SAFE MODE, the Snow Leopard retail disc that ends up being totally GIMP'd... and the Laptop can ONLY run 10.5.1 which it runs great, but if you want to use ANY new programs you're {censored}ED since you don't/can't use the most current Safari among other things...

Such a waste of about a month trying to get this {censored} to work.

I love how the most common answer to helping someone here is ALWAYS, "I dunno mine works so you must suck, try a different Distro (take hours upon hours for days to weeks trying every {censored} distro???) WOW, thx for the advice Sherlock {censored} Holmes...

What a {censored} CROCK.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, after a few months i come back to show the sucess case using an AMD. Thanks to the iPC people/iDeneb/Aquamac.

Here come the specs:

Mobo: Asus M2N32-Sli Deluce

Core: Phneom i810 x4

Ram: 4gb

HD: 160gb Sata

DVD: LG-DVDRom

Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster T22

All work fine, just the microphone not.

Here the image.

If someone have this similar config, and wanna some help, let me know.

Cya!

post-225011-1279374931_thumb.png