Will Leopard work on my PC?

DaveVegas

17 posts in this topic

Hello there Mac Users,

I have some questions about my hardware.

So im gonna show you just my hardware:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (Supports SSE2, SSE3)

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512

Network: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Disk: ST3500620AS

Ram: 2x2 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (Intel Bearlake G31)

MotherBoard: MSI G31M V2 (MS-7379)

I used the "Search-Function", but somehow i just dont find the right thing (In Database there isnt even my cpu listed) It would be very nice, if you could post Drivers for everything :P I found already the Network driver but the rest is a myricle :whistle:

Well it would be very cewl if you guys could tell me if my pc is ready for a leopard and post some drivers :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers :thumbsup_anim:

Hello there Mac Users,

I used the "Search-Function", but somehow i just dont find the right thing (In Database there isnt even my cpu listed) It would be very nice, if you could post Drivers for everything :P I found already the Network driver but the rest is a myricle :whistle:

Well it would be very cewl if you guys could tell me if my pc is ready for a leopard and post some drivers :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers :thumbsup_anim:

When searching use Google but with insanelymac as one of the search terms....

It is very likely that you will need a DSDT modded BIOS or a modded DSDT.aml file using fassl's DSDT Patcher.....you can confirm this by checking that you can only boot OS X Install DVD and run OS X with cpus=1 as a Darwin boot flag......see here.....

When searching use Google but with insanelymac as one of the search terms....

It is very likely that you will need a DSDT modded BIOS or a modded DSDT.aml file using fassl's DSDT Patcher.....you can confirm this by checking that you can only boot OS X Install DVD and run OS X with cpus=1 as a Darwin boot flag......see here.....

Thank you, but I dont see my Bios listed on (American Megatrends Inc.) is this relevant?

I saw in your signature, that you actually have the same cpu that makes me kind of shiver :P

The DSDT Patcher of fassl is patching what?

Are there any Graphic-Card Driver for my 8800 mac?

Thanks m8 :P

Edit:

I dont get it, would this (MS)-7529 G31M3-F V2) work as fixed bios?

Or this(MS)-7379v73 G31M)? Both have the G31M word in it.

Cheers:)

Thank you, but I dont see my Bios listed on (American Megatrends Inc.) is this relevant?

I saw in your signature, that you actually have the same cpu that makes me kind of shiver :)

The DSDT Patcher of fassl is patching what?

Are there any Graphic-Card Driver for my 8800 mac?

Thanks m8 :)

Edit:

I dont get it, would this (MS)-7529 G31M3-F V2) work as fixed bios?

Or this(MS)-7379v73 G31M)? Both have the G31M word in it.

Cheers:)

Mate,

Download kalyway or anyother hacked osx on torrent sites and install it will work perfectly on your specification.. leave a small 10g free space to install mac...

Mate,

Download kalyway or anyother hacked osx on torrent sites and install it will work perfectly on your specification.. leave a small 10g free space to install mac...

So, basicly you say that I have to just Download Leopard and install it and the Internet will work, also my Internet and sound?

Great!

But impossible :)

Cheers

So, basicly you say that I have to just Download Leopard and install it and the Internet will work, also my Internet and sound?

Great!

But impossible :)

Cheers

I hope it is that simple for you......see here.....

Hello there Mac Users,

I used the "Search-Function", but somehow i just dont find the right thing (In Database there isnt even my cpu listed) It would be very nice, if you could post Drivers for everything :P I found already the Network driver but the rest is a myricle :P

Well it would be very cewl if you guys could tell me if my pc is ready for a leopard and post some drivers :)

Cheers :)

I've tried to install now Leopard and it starts with this apple and the waiting picture.. ive waited like 10 minutes and it was still like that!

What could it be?

I used iATKOS 4.1i

Cheers

I've tried to install now Leopard and it starts with this apple and the waiting picture.. ive waited like 10 minutes and it was still like that!

What could it be?

I used iATKOS 4.1i

Cheers

Firstly, the installer does take a little while to load.

Secondly, try booting with the flag -v and seeing when it hangs.

Firstly, the installer does take a little while to load.

Secondly, try booting with the flag -v and seeing when it hangs.

Yeah I pressed F8 and tiped flag -v in it..

Then it came a black screen with a lot of information on it. and then after Firmware successfully injected it hangs..

But maybe im a little bit panicly..

I will try it again.

But how long do you think I have to look at the grey screen with the Apple and the twirling wait pic?

Cheers

Yeah I pressed F8 and tiped flag -v in it..

Then it came a black screen with a lot of information on it. and then after Firmware successfully injected it hangs..

But maybe im a little bit panicly..

I will try it again.

But how long do you think I have to look at the grey screen with the Apple and the twirling wait pic?

Cheers

Status Report:

So I have the Error: com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin has immediate depencies on both com.apple.kernel and com. apple.kpi blabla can use only one style..

So, I've finally downloaded a BIOS (MS)-7379v73 G31M update or something like that.

So, my final question is: How do I apply this patch update what ever this is? Its actually a .rom file :S

cheers

Status Report:

So I have the Error: com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin has immediate depencies on both com.apple.kernel and com. apple.kpi blabla can use only one style..

So, I've finally downloaded a BIOS (MS)-7379v73 G31M update or something like that.

So, my final question is: How do I apply this patch update what ever this is?

cheers

The flashing procedure should be as follows (after breakingbad):

Before going to the guide, let me say something. This procedure require some attention for it because a bad flash for the BIOS can cause you a lot of trouble and mal function of your mobo.

!!! WARNING !!!

- Don´t flash from a floppy disk

- Don´t flash if you don´t know what you are doing

- I assume no responsability for any damages resulting from improper use or lack of technical expertise

Now that I have said what is important, let´s start.

Before flashing, do follow the steps bellow.

- Have a boot disk so you can boot it to MS-DOS (you may use an Win98 Boot Disc, like I used).

Remember that the .rom file is the one provided from OriginalMACNUT, not the original file from your MOBO manufacturer.

- Now you have to boot from the Boot Disc to get to MS-DOS prompt.

- Find the source of your pendrive and go into the folder you putted your files - in my case was C:/BIOS - my Kingston pendrive was identified by the system as the C: drive

- Once you´re in the folder with the 2 files specified above, type: AFUD408 A7350N~1.ROM and the Flash Utility will start to flash your MOBO BIOS.......different in your case maybe

!!! EXTREMELY IMPORTANT !!!

- Be sure that during the flash you have any kind of power loss. If you have power loss your flash is gone.

Flashing the BIOS take just a few seconds.

Your MOBO supplier should have BIOS flash updater software available for download on its website with instructions on its use via DOS.......

Created a folder called "BIOS" on a thumbdrive, for the 2 necessary files are:

"Your_MOBO_Flash-Updater_Program".exe and "Correct_Modded-DSDT_BIOS_for_your_MOBO".ROM

Remember you are working in MSDOS so the filename will be limited to 8 characters

See here for MS-DOS filename truncation......

Confirm that you are in correct directory with

cd B:\BIOS

dir

You should see Your_M~1.EXE and Correc~1.ROM listed

The flashing procedure should be as follows (after breakingbad):

Your MOBO supplier should have BIOS flash updater software available for download on its website with instructions on its use via DOS.......

Created a folder called "BIOS" on a thumbdrive, for the 2 necessary files are:

"Your_MOBO_Flash-Updater_Program".exe and "Correct_Modded-DSDT_BIOS_for_your_MOBO".ROM

Remember you are working in MSDOS so the filename will be limited to 8 characters

See here for MS-DOS filename truncation......

Confirm that you are in correct directory with

cd B:\BIOS

dir

You should see Your_M~1.EXE and Correc~1.ROM listed

Thanks buddy.

I looked at my suppliers website and I found only stuff that I dont need.

Ey.. it would be so cool! If you could look for me. I really dont find it or the supplier doesnt have a software for this.

Look, I went to my Suppliers Website: http://support.de.ts.fujitsu.com/de/support/downloads.html

And I entered my Serial YSJX004041

And then you know I looked around but I really didnt found something..

My Comp is SCALEO Pi 2540.

Could you may look for me if I am right, that the Website doesnt give any software for this?

Thanks buddy! You are very helpfull :(

Cheers

Thanks buddy.

I looked at my suppliers website and I found only stuff that I dont need.

Ey.. it would be so cool! If you could look for me. I really dont find it or the supplier doesnt have a software for this.

Look, I went to my Suppliers Website: http://support.de.ts.fujitsu.com/de/support/downloads.html

And I entered my Serial YSJX004041

And then you know I looked around but I really didnt found something..

My Comp is SCALEO Pi 2540.

Could you may look for me if I am right, that the Website doesnt give any software for this?

Thanks buddy! You are very helpfull :)

Cheers

Your system is Fujitsu OEM and they are using a Boot CD with an img file and isolinux.....not a DOS flash utility such as AMI AFUDOS......

It seems that Fujitsu are using a MSI MS-7379 µATX V 4.0 MOBO, so check on MSI website here for a MSI MOBO spec that most closely matches your MOBO spec........since you say you have a MSI G31M V2 (MS-7379) MOBO......perhaps G31M whose MS-7379 BIOS .zip file includes Afud408.exe......

HOWEVER before attempting to flash your BIOS at your own risk

I first recommend that you try getting OS X running by booting your iATKOS OS X Install DVD with

-v cpus=1 platform=ACPI|86PC maxmem=2048

and if successful, choosing in iATKOS v4.0i as follows (video,network and audio drivers can be sorted later):

iATKOS v4i Main System Y
Darwin Bootloader Y
Stock Files  
AppleACPIPlatform.kext Y
Kernel 9.4.0 Y
Additional Patches 
Darwin X86 for MBR (Non-EFI) N
Kernel 9.2.0. ToH N
nForce kernels
	Kernel 9.2.0 nForce Core EFI N
	Kernel 9.2.0 nForce Core Non-EFI N
	Kernel 9.2.0 nForce SSE3 Non-EFI N
SMBIOS drivers
	AppleSMBIOS netkas Y
	AppleSMBIOS-27 6th rev. iMac N
	AppleSMBIOS-27 6th rev. MacBook N
Patch for PS2 N (Y if you have PS/2 keyboard & mouse)
Remove Thermal kexts Y
Drivers N
VGA N
	nVidia
		NVinject
		Natit
		Titan
		nVidia Laptop
	ATI
		ATIinject for X1600
		ATI X1950 XT
		ATI HD 2xxx 3xxx
	Intel
		GMA 950
		GMA X3100
	AGPGart
		AGPGart 2.1
		AGPGart 2.2
		AGPGart 2.4.9
System
SATA Y
nForce SATA N
Intel Speedstep N
ext2fs N
NTFS-3G N
Network N
Marvell Yukon 88E8001
Realtek 8139
Intel Pro/100 VE
VIA Rhine
Broadcom 440x
Atheros 5005eg

If you get Error: com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin, then boot HDD OS X install with -s at drawin prompt, then at the :/ root# prompt, type the following lines, pressing Enter and waiting for :/ root# to appear:

mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

mv ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext.bad

Exit

to see if this clears the error...

If you can install and then run OS X, I would suggest that you use fassl's DSDT Patcher to generate your own DSDT.aml file....from my threads

For example, MSI MOBOs often need a DSDT string-modded BIOS.....read this thread.....and see here......Kabyl may be able to help you.....BUT also see OriginalMACNUT's OSXCORES......e.g. MSI P7N nForce 750i SLI Platinum......also see fassl's DSDT Patcher.......using mackerintel's Chameleon with DSDT Override bootloader......as well as koalala's ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML, CPU Cores, HPET, RTC, TM, GFX......

and use Chameleon 2.0RC1 bootloader....

Your system is Fujitsu OEM and they are using a Boot CD with an img file and isolinux.....not a DOS flash utility such as AMI AFUDOS......

It seems that Fujitsu are using a MSI MS-7379 µATX V 4.0 MOBO, so check on MSI website here for a MSI MOBO spec that most closely matches your MOBO spec........since you say you have a MSI G31M V2 (MS-7379) MOBO......perhaps G31M whose MS-7379 BIOS .zip file includes Afud408.exe......

HOWEVER before attempting to flash your BIOS at your own risk

I first recommend that you try getting OS X running by booting your iATKOS OS X Install DVD with

-v cpus=1 platform=ACPI|86PC maxmem=2048

and if successful, choosing in iATKOS v4.0i as follows (video,network and audio drivers can be sorted later):

iATKOS v4i Main System Y
Darwin Bootloader Y
Stock Files  
AppleACPIPlatform.kext Y
Kernel 9.4.0 Y
Additional Patches 
Darwin X86 for MBR (Non-EFI) N
Kernel 9.2.0. ToH N
nForce kernels
	Kernel 9.2.0 nForce Core EFI N
	Kernel 9.2.0 nForce Core Non-EFI N
	Kernel 9.2.0 nForce SSE3 Non-EFI N
SMBIOS drivers
	AppleSMBIOS netkas Y
	AppleSMBIOS-27 6th rev. iMac N
	AppleSMBIOS-27 6th rev. MacBook N
Patch for PS2 N (Y if you have PS/2 keyboard & mouse)
Remove Thermal kexts Y
Drivers N
VGA N
	nVidia
		NVinject
		Natit
		Titan
		nVidia Laptop
	ATI
		ATIinject for X1600
		ATI X1950 XT
		ATI HD 2xxx 3xxx
	Intel
		GMA 950
		GMA X3100
	AGPGart
		AGPGart 2.1
		AGPGart 2.2
		AGPGart 2.4.9
System
SATA Y
nForce SATA N
Intel Speedstep N
ext2fs N
NTFS-3G N
Network N
Marvell Yukon 88E8001
Realtek 8139
Intel Pro/100 VE
VIA Rhine
Broadcom 440x
Atheros 5005eg

If you can install and then run OS X, I would suggest that you use fassl's DSDT Patcher to generate your own DSDT.aml file....from my threads

and use Chameleon 2.0RC1 bootloader....

Wow thanks m8!

Im trying it out right now!

cheers :(

• 7 months later...

Hey guys,

I know it's been a long time.

I've tried to install OSx10 several month ago, and finally, I gave up.

Now, I want to try it again. And I followed the instroductions from my buddy and thats what came out:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2s1r5hk.jpg

DSDT Patcher?

I dont get it..

Dave