ATI Mobility X1600 71c5 FULLY Working kexts -tested on 10.5.6 and 10.5.2-

roboguy

35 posts in this topic

okay i think i fixed it!

in the mean time, i tried some different kexts and now it works on every boot!

so what i did looks easy, but was hard work:

take the atiinject file from this thread ( http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...163190&st=0 ). then go to this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=70843 , look for 10.5.7 and grab the 71D5 file. use kext helper to install atiinject, atiradeonx1000 and atindrv and fix the permissions! thats how it works for me on 10.5.7 with Voodoo 9.7.0

Hi

This is my first post.

Im new on mac osx86. I read your posts for 1 week and and not have success to configure my Asus A7j Laptop. Im installing de IATKOS v7 with the default kernel. The instalation run fine. But my 71c5 X1600 ATI card run only with 1024x768.

In several forums i found severral versions of ATIinject.kext

I install your proposed ATIinject.kext with the other files, first edited the EDID string (from my display) in Info.PLIST (in ATIinject) and aded it in base64.

I not know if is nedded the folowing kext :

ATIRadeonX1000.kext

ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin

ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle

IONDRVSupport.kext

The default iATKOS v7 ATI HD drivers in the installer DVD have them.

I need to delete them???

When i would change the resolution and it appear to be 1400x900, i have a blury image, more big than my screen.

Please, send my an advice to solve this. I use google for hours without success...

Sorry 4 my bad english, Thanx

Victor

hm...if you are using iatkos v7 like me, ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle IONDRVSupport.kext are already in the extensions folder. the problem is, that it is hard to find other versions of them that are more compatible. so if you try kexts from 2006 and older it just get worse. leave them where they are. as far as i know, they do not need to be modified!

ATIRadeonX1000.kext and atindrv from my last post are also finaly modified for 71c5. but i never changed something in the atiinject, so give it a try without doing anything with the files! otherwise post a screenshot...

• 1 month later...

hi, i'm a new member here, i have a x1600 with 71c5 dev ID on a asus laptop.

i see you have made it work, and i need a little help to do the same.

It's enough to install the file you linked or i have to modify the plist in atiinject.kext?

And if i have to modify can you tell me what i have to modify? i tried to see the file with text editor in windows, but i didn't find the device id.

moreover, do you know that in windows is possible to softmod the radeon cards to make them become firegl cards with only editing and patching a the firegl drivers?

i'm actually using a softmodded fireGLv5200 driver on a x1600 in windows and it works very fine in 3d apps.

The question is, is there any mod that do the same in MacOSX?

thank you in advance, especially for the first question.

sorry for my imperfect english.

Ciao :(

hi, i'm a new member here, i have a x1600 with 71c5 dev ID on a asus laptop.

i see you have made it work, and i need a little help to do the same.

It's enough to install the file you linked or i have to modify the plist in atiinject.kext?

And if i have to modify can you tell me what i have to modify? i tried to see the file with text editor in windows, but i didn't find the device id.

moreover, do you know that in windows is possible to softmod the radeon cards to make them become firegl cards with only editing and patching a the firegl drivers?

i'm actually using a softmodded fireGLv5200 driver on a x1600 in windows and it works very fine in 3d apps.

The question is, is there any mod that do the same in MacOSX?

thank you in advance, especially for the first question.

sorry for my imperfect english.

Ciao :(

1. no, try it without editing (maybe u should use kext helper), that worked for me. just if it doesn´t work that way, you have to edit them. (don´t ask me how to do this, because i returned to windows since project camphor failed and can´t live without wlan :rolleyes:)

2. yeah those drivers are all very similar, but there are some minor differences that inhibit from getin those stuff to work. flashing an x1600 to a firegl would be nice, but just if there is a working firegl kext out there.

so try this stuff out and please tell me if your external vga/dvi port works, i always just had a blurry, very strange output. somebody know how to fix this?

here i am again, thanks to DaXuZ for anwer me.

well, i've installed ideneb 10.5.6 on my asus a6ja laptop, used the kernel 9.2.0 speedstep and ich6/7 + via chipset and some apps.

the system run smooth and quick but the video card and display not still.

i've followed 4 different guides, and ever without success.

changing dev id , edid and other stuff, doesn't work for my x1600 71c5.

the good aspect here is that i can suggest ho to recover the default vesa driver when the display becomes black and there is nothing to do.

in fact it happened to me when i was at the second try.

well i fixed this way.

booted from cd, when in the install interface, i've opened a terminal session.

in terminal typed: rm -Rf /Volumes/yourVolumeName/System/Libraries/Extensions/ATIinject.kext

then rebooted and the display worked again whitout reinstalling Leopard.

Someone can say me now that i could boot with -v -x options, and i answer yes, thank you, but don't worked...

fortunely i have a long Linux experience, and bash on mac is pretty similar.

i keep you informed if i make it work.

Ciao

• 3 months later...
here i am again, thanks to DaXuZ for anwer me.

well, i've installed ideneb 10.5.6 on my asus a6ja laptop, used the kernel 9.2.0 speedstep and ich6/7 + via chipset and some apps.

the system run smooth and quick but the video card and display not still.

i've followed 4 different guides, and ever without success.

changing dev id , edid and other stuff, doesn't work for my x1600 71c5.

the good aspect here is that i can suggest ho to recover the default vesa driver when the display becomes black and there is nothing to do.

in fact it happened to me when i was at the second try.

well i fixed this way.

booted from cd, when in the install interface, i've opened a terminal session.

in terminal typed: rm -Rf /Volumes/yourVolumeName/System/Libraries/Extensions/ATIinject.kext

then rebooted and the display worked again whitout reinstalling Leopard.

Someone can say me now that i could boot with -v -x options, and i answer yes, thank you, but don't worked...

fortunely i have a long Linux experience, and bash on mac is pretty similar.

i keep you informed if i make it work.

Ciao

yes, thats really an odd thing, to get at least the VGA driver working. I do this: I have 3 partitions, Windows XP, OSX and OSX backup ( each 30 GB), with Chameleon V2 bootloader, current installation IDeneb 10.5.7.(more stable than iAtkos)

I do a working basic install (OSX), this I copy completely with carbon copy cloner. then, when I experiment with different kexts (for the X1600) and get a black screen whatever, I boot up with the OSX backup partition and redo the last step by copying the complete SYSTEM folder back to OSX again. then I´m able to boot up OSX normally. this is a much quicker method than using the install disc and Terminal every time.

okay i think i fixed it!

in the mean time, i tried some different kexts and now it works on every boot!

so what i did looks easy, but was hard work:

take the atiinject file from this thread ( http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...163190&st=0 ). then go to this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=70843 , look for 10.5.7 and grab the 71D5 file. use kext helper to install atiinject, atiradeonx1000 and atindrv and fix the permissions! thats how it works for me on 10.5.7 with Voodoo 9.7.0

YOU ARE THE MAN!! it works FINALLY!! full resolution and QE enabled , on my system iDeneb 10.5.7. Toshiba A100-153 with X1600 , 71c5. !

:):thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :D

exacly that was the right thing with your kexts!!

no mouse tearing, nothing..

I had QE enabled on VGA before. I think it is important to use working kexts WITH YOUR INSTALLATION DISTRIBUTION, that means right kernel etc.

ATI Radeon X1600:

Chipsatz-Modell: ATY,RadeonX1600

Typ: Monitor

Bus: PCIe

PCIe-Lane-Breite: x16

VRAM (gesamt): 256 MB

Hersteller: ATI (0x1002)

Geräte-ID: 0x71c5

Versions-ID: 0x0000

EFI-Treiberversion: 01.00.068

Monitore:

Monitor:

Auflösung: 1280 x 800

Farbtiefe: 32-Bit Farbe

Core Image: Hardware-unterstützt

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Quartz Extreme: Unterstützt

Integriert: Ja

QuartzGL: Unterstützt

L675:

Auflösung: 1280 x 1024

Farbtiefe: 32-Bit Farbe

Core Image: Hardware-unterstützt

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Quartz Extreme: Unterstützt

Rotation: Unterstützt

QuartzGL: Unterstützt

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i have a question on the EDID.

in the ATIinject.kext there is the DFP1,EDIT and the LVDS,EDID

when i go onto my windows drive all i get is one so i put that in both, but looking at other peoples kexts they have different ones :S

can someone tell me where i could get the second one from please :(

also with the two same EDID's i can get good resolutions on the external display but not internal (nothing)

and what does changing the wormy wording do? do i need to do that? im using iAtkos v7 i have the Acer Travelmate 8210 with ATI mobility radion X1600 card.

Please advise.

Thanks

Liam

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...