• Please log in to reply
757 replies to this topic

olegischinski

olegischinski

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
We could solve this problem by a BIOS flash, if Gigabyte ships a new, correct one (very unlikely to happen).
Windows and Linux check the memory map reporting by BIOS in the early boot process to clear overlaps and other inconsistancies - OSX doesn't. So Chameleon must do it.
That's life on a GA-E7AUM :(

Warped

Warped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hi,

Gezz, maybe somebody can help me with installing 10.8.2 on this mobo. I tried:
1.mirror OS from my GA-P35-DS4 desktop with 3 different chameleon loaders downloaded from this thread.
2.vanilla 10.8.2 USB install image (used with success for P35-DS4).

No matter what I'm doing, boot always ends with switch to black screen when system switches to login screen.
Logs are showing "nvdanv50hal loaded" so it looks onboard GFX is recognised.
For me it looks like nvidiaresman has problem with selecting proper video output. I tried VGA, DVI and HDMI - no change.
I also tried reset BIOS to defaults.
I'm out of ideas how to move with thus feral mobo....
br

olegischinski

olegischinski

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Hi Warped,

can you boot your vanilla USB Install Image with my ChameleonBoot Stick?

Warped

Warped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Hi Warped,

can you boot your vanilla USB Install Image with my ChameleonBoot Stick?

This is exactly what is scratching my head: no, I can't boot even vanilla ML :-(
How it is possible that: latest BIOS (F4), default BIOS settings+minimal desired changes (AHCI), stock 10.8.0 has exactly the same problem: switch to black screen when GUI screen should appear....
My USB stick has chameleon r1003, which is different than patched boot loader/Yours ChameleonBoot Stick. Do You believe this might lead to black screen issue ?
If so, may You provide me binaries/deltas I should implement on my USB stick to get it like Your's ChameleonBoot Stick ?
Mine was prepared with this procedure: http://www.insanelym.../page__hl__ ds4

olegischinski

olegischinski

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
That's your problem: My method only works with a VANILLA install medium, which means no Extra-Folder, no Chameleon installation on it.
Please read the instructions, linked in the posts.

Good luck!

Warped

Warped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

That's your problem: My method only works with a VANILLA install medium, which means no Extra-Folder, no Chameleon installation on it.

Heh, I see where is problem: it looks like r2050 from this thread is somehow fragile where it is used (vanilla install or mirrored from other machine). However ChameleonMLBoot.dmg from #1849369
is nice enough that I can mirror my P35-DS4 volume and boot almost fully functional system on E7AUM. Things not working are: LAN & sound after resume from S3.
Fortunatelly I was able to manage LAN problem, so only sound remains to resolve.
It looks like without proper DSDT (AFAIK this mobo has BIOS issue with restoring LAN/Audio MSI irqs after S3 resume) we have to live with only partially supported on-board audio :-(

One aganin: thx for prompt support !!!

-br

olegischinski

olegischinski

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
... nice to read.
How did you solve the problem with lost LAN after sleep?

andersson.j

andersson.j

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm new to hackintosh and starting out with an E7AUM board seems to involve a bit of a learning curve.

I've been trying to follow olegischinski's post #1849369 but I need some more guidance.

I've created one usb stick with mountain lion and one with ChameleonMLBoot.dmg.
I can boot from the Chameleon stick where I try to launch the OSX installer.
The first error message is about "library kext com.apple.kpi.iokit not found.", followed by a bunch more kext errors, cpu panic, etc.

I'm guessing I should be using the chameleon-rev2050.zip file somehow? The procedure linked to in olegischinski's post doen't seem to mention this?

I started out using the ###### method where I got the OSX installation started, but it always failed.

Warped

Warped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

... nice to read.
How did you solve the problem with lost LAN after sleep?

Sorry for late replay. I was in business trip.
Unfortunately enabling LAN resume after sleep requires many changes in my case:
- disabling build-in driver and installing different LAN driver (nForce.kext)
- changing mobo BIOS to patched one (F3X)
- changed BIOS requires modified DSDT, adding IntelNullPowerManagement.kext & SleepEnabler.kext.
Fortunately SpeedSteep is working OK - so despite above not-short list of changes - this mobo can be FULLY functional under 10.8.2 - except Audio after resume :-(

Does anybody investigated Audio problem ?

olegischinski

olegischinski

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
@ Warped
Thanks for the information.

@ andersson.j
Can you post a link to the tutorial used to create the ML stick?

andersson.j

andersson.j

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you olegischinski for pointing me in the right direction! I managed to install Mountain Lion on my E7AUM last night.

I followed this guide to create the ML stick, with the exceptions mentioned in this post and everything went fairly smooth. I did browse through the guide before but figured it was just another guide to finding and restoring InstallESD.dmg. I attributed the deviations to the guide being for a partition and not for a USB stick. My bad! I was tired after reading so many long threads on this topic, most of them with similar and out-dated information.

Maybe I'll try to assemble an updated guide for Mountain Lion on E7AUM? A guide that's not spread out over so many posts.

But I still didn't need chameleon-rev2050.zip? What is it for?

andersson.j

andersson.j

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I've been at it for hours now trying to get the internal audio going without success.
I'd very much appreciate some further guidance. Here's where I'm at:

Two methods are mentioned in olegischinskis post:
  • Patching the Lion AppleHDA.kext
  • Using toledas ML preview AppleHDA.kext requiring a different DSDT
I've mostly been focusing on the first alternative (because it sounded easier).
The correct procedure to get working audio on the E7AUM is probably buried somewhere in this thread?
I've been trying different kexts, patches, injections, etc. all night.
Could someone please point me in the right direction?

olegischinski

olegischinski

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Hi andersson.j,

chameleon-rev2050.zip is for a persistent HD installation of the boot loader (no need of the boot stick). Suppose this is what you want and assume the downloaded and unzipped file is in your Downloads folder - follow these steps:
1. plugin your Boot Stick (should be mounted automaticly)
2. fire up Terminal.app (will ask you for your Password after the first sudo command)
sudo cp -R /Volumes/ChameleonBoot/Extra /
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Extra
sudo chmod -R 755 /Extra
sudo mv /Extra/Extensions/* /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

... and now comes the installation of chameleon itself, assume your OSX is on first disk (/dev/rdisk0) and first partition (/dev/rdisk0s2) - otherwise you have to change the numbers (check it with DiskUtility.app)
cd Downloads/chameleon-rev2050
sudo ./fdisk440 -f boot0md -u -y /dev/rdisk0
sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2
sudo cp boot /

... and finally you have to edit the file org.chameleon.boot.plist
sudo nano -w /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist

Here you have to change the key Default Partition to hd(0,2), the key GraphicsEnabler to No and add the key UseKernelCache

<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

That's it. Reboot without Boot stick. If it fails, try to boot with the Option -f (ignore caches).

For audio (with toleda's kext):
Fire up Terminal.app
sudo mv /Extra/additional/DSDT-sound-toleda.aml /Extra/DSDT.aml
I would advise to try out the multi b. thing. Download the app and open. Be aware you have ONLY check the box ALC889a/885 in the "with DSDT" section during installation.
Reboot.

Good luck!

andersson.j

andersson.j

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks olegischinski!

After many days of tinkering with this I've got a 10.8.2 ML installation that:
  • Doesn't require a Boot Stick to boot.
    And I got the chameleon countdown timer working so it doesn't just sit there by adding the following lines to org.chameleon.boot.plist:
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>10</string>

• Internal audio working. Although it does tend to pop a bit. I'll probably buy an USB DAC. Any recommendations?
  • Most of the monitoring kexts are working with istats, except CPU temp. At one point I had working CPU temp but I can't figure out what broke it. Once I manage to break something it's a jungle trying to revert the changes with all these different paths for kexts: /E/E, /S/L/E, inside FakeSMC, etc. Especially when a couple of clicks in multi.b can mess everything up so swiftly! Any hints regarding the intel thermal kext? Maybe a method for finding offending kexts?
  • I'm running on a 512GB Samsung 830 SSD. Initially I only got around 110/130 MB/s out of it in the Black Magic disk speed test. After tinkering with TRIM and getting the disks to show up as internal instead of external I'm seeing speeds around 200/250. I guess this is more or less the limit of SATA2? Any recommendations for a fast compatible PCIe SATA3 card?
Thanks!

olegischinski

olegischinski

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Congratulations!

• Internal audio working. Although it does tend to pop a bit. I'll probably buy an USB DAC. Any recommendations?

It depends on your demands. Goto the first page. dlach has linked to an usb audio adapter.

• ... Any hints regarding the intel thermal kext? Maybe a method for finding offending kexts?

All kexts have to be installed in /S/L/E to use option "UseKernelCache" in chameleon, IntelCPUmonitor.kext too (not inside FakeSMC). But IntelCPUmonitor depends on FakeSMC, so don't use a newer version of it. The pair inside my boot stick should work.

• ... Any recommendations for a fast compatible PCIe SATA3 card?

Maybe you will be frustrated about this: The PCIe x1 slot conforms to PCIe 1.0 - so you will have no benefit using the slot for a SATA3 controller card.
Haven't a clue, if such a card will work in the graphic slot and - much more important - if you can boot in this configuration.
To be honest I would spend my money in view of this board.

adidasprince

adidasprince

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Hello everyone,

Is there anyone having the latest patched chameleon r2181? Cos it looks like the new iMessage needs it.

olegischinski

olegischinski

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
... for everyone who wants to test it.

Good luck!

Attached Files

adidasprince

adidasprince

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

... for everyone who wants to test it.

Good luck!

Thx!!! iMessage worked and besides that it seems some boot issue have been fixed.

e60

e60

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 118 posts
Hey Guys,

I have some good news for you. ErmaC has implemented adidasprince`s memory rearrange patch into his Enoch Bootloader, so you can use it without any worries.

The latest version is always avaible over here, right now its r2176. Just download the PKG or the Binaries and have fun. ;)

Posted Image
At this point many thanks to ErmaC!

bissonic2

bissonic2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
how to fix the >2G RAM problem:
如何修复使用多于2G内存时显卡花屏的问题:
get the chameleon source code, open file "biosfn.c", search for the codes as below
取得变色龙源代码,打开biosfn.c文件,找到下列代码:

" // Is this the last address range?

if ( bb.ebx.rx == 0 ) {
//printf("last range\n");
break;
}
}
"

and insert codes below after the codes above.
然后在上述代码后面插入以下代码:
//专为E7AUM-DS2H主板内存范围错误而修改
MemoryRange * e7aum = (MemoryRange *)BIOS_ADDR;
struct MemoryRange change_tmp;
int j;
int still_changing = 1;

while (still_changing) {
still_changing = 0;
for (j=1; j<count; j++) {
/* if <current_addr> > <last_addr>, swap */
if (e7aum[j].base < e7aum[j-1].base) {

change_tmp = e7aum[j];
e7aum[j] = e7aum[j-1];
e7aum[j-1] = change_tmp;

still_changing=1;
}
}
}

if (e7aum[3].base + e7aum[3].length > e7aum[4].base) {
e7aum[3].length = e7aum[4].base - e7aum[3].base;
}

//专为E7AUM-DS2H主板内存范围错误而修改

And then compile and install chameleon by yourself.
然后请自行编译和安装变色龙。
The codes above can change the size of GPU RAM in OS X according to the size in bios.
上述代码能够根据bios中的设定来调整OS X中的显存大小。

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy