Logic Studio 8 Install Problems.

RyRy

13 posts in this topic

Everytime I go to install it all I get is

Logic Studio installer recommends that your system have a Quartz Extreme capable video card.

Logic Studio installer recommends that your system have 64 MB of VRAM; this system has only 0 MB of VRAM.

Now if VRAM is ram its lying because I have 2 gigs this system. and my graphic card is a XFX NVidia 9500GT 512MB PCI-Express.....

Anyone got any clues?

Logic Studio installer recommends that your system have a Quartz Extreme capable video card.

Logic Studio installer recommends that your system have 64 MB of VRAM; this system has only 0 MB of VRAM.

Now if VRAM is ram its lying because I have 2 gigs this system. and my graphic card is a XFX NVidia 9500GT 512MB PCI-Express.....

Anyone got any clues?

I had this issue when installing Logic 8. I had to get the system to recognise the video card to the point where it said in system profiler that QE and CI were enabled. I have a different video card to you and it was endless trawling thru the forums to get kexts for my video card (ATI Radeon x600 PRO) before it worked. I still think the video card is not actually fully activated because graphics-wise it doesn't look anything like my real imac which has a far lesser video card, but the point is that the system was "tricked" (my theory anyway) into believing that QE and CI are activated. Logic installed fine after this and runs nicely. Sorry I don't have any specifics about how to get your card working, but hopefully this helps.

Anyone got any clues?

Short term solution:

Use pacifist to do an extract install for logic pro 8 and content only, none of the other apps incuded with logic studio will open.

Find a way to get CI/QE enabled for your video card (via either device property string or injector) or buy a video card that is really easy to get working, like the 9800GTX+.

Visit the Nvidia subforum in the drivers section.

It's better if you find out for yourself.

Type "Core Image Wiki" or "Quartz Extreme Wiki" into google (without the quotes).

The meanings of "Device Property String" (AKA "gfx string" or "EFI string") and "Injector" can be found in much the same way.

You can also use the search here on this forum (search box above) or study the OSX86 Wiki (link at the top right).

And

Visit the Nvidia subforum in the drivers section.

That's here on Insanelymac.

Yeah, i had the same problem while tried to istall Logic on not fixed Kalyway (QE was not supported). There's two ways to fix it :

a ) Find the proper kexts for video card to get it work (enable QE)

b ) Delete Logic's requirements checker to deny pre-install hardware validation :

To do :

1) Mount "Logic Studio.dmg"

2) Copy "Install Logic Studio" package from mounted drive to another folder

3) Right click -> Show original

4) Right click on "Logic Studio.mpkg" -> Show Package Contents

5) Delete "\Contents\Resources\Requirements Checker.app"

6) Install Logic =)

Cheers !

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Yeah, i had the same problem while tried to istall Logic on not fixed Kalyway (QE was not supported). There's two ways to fix it :

b ) Delete Logic's requirements checker to deny pre-install hardware validation :

To do :

6) Install Logic =)

Cheers !

How do you delete the file if its still incorporated in the package file?

trying to get around logic install requirement to have QE and CI properly enabled, by changing deleting the check requirements aspect of the installer is not recommended (least my opinion - although props on the creative thought behind that method)

you WANT Core Image and Quartz Extreme (you check in system profiler, under graphics/display section), otherwise your hackintosh will blow chunks in user experience. Also, recording and producing music without proper graphics card support is just asking for annoyance after annoyance resulting in beating your head against a wall! Dont do it!

if you want to use logic, and you encounter this error, then spends hours or days if you have to, in order to get your video card properly installed so Core Image and Quartz Extreme are supported/hardware accelerated

if you dont know how to get your video card properly recognized and installed for driver/kext support - then you should do more reading on the forums or osx86 wikis before you go installing logic so you understand. everyone is a noob at some point, it comes naturally and fast for some, others have to read it over and over to understand the logic in how it works, either way its a must in my opinion.

i recommend 9600 GT, 9800 GT or 9800 GTX for good graphics and ease of installation, however the 9500 GT has a thread here that may help

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t139775.html

trying to get around logic install requirement to have QE and CI properly enabled, by changing deleting the check requirements aspect of the installer is not recommended (least my opinion - although props on the creative thought behind that method)

you WANT Core Image and Quartz Extreme (you check in system profiler, under graphics/display section), otherwise your hackintosh will blow chunks in user experience. Also, recording and producing music without proper graphics card support is just asking for annoyance after annoyance resulting in beating your head against a wall! Dont do it!

if you want to use logic, and you encounter this error, then spends hours or days if you have to, in order to get your video card properly installed so Core Image and Quartz Extreme are supported/hardware accelerated

if you dont know how to get your video card properly recognized and installed for driver/kext support - then you should do more reading on the forums or osx86 wikis before you go installing logic so you understand. everyone is a noob at some point, it comes naturally and fast for some, others have to read it over and over to understand the logic in how it works, either way its a must in my opinion.

i recommend 9600 GT, 9800 GT or 9800 GTX for good graphics and ease of installation, however the 9500 GT has a thread here that may help

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t139775.html

Thanks for your help, I currently have a Intel GMA4500 Graphics Card and as yet there is no sign of CI/QE support for this card anytime. I also have no spare money to purchase a new one at the moment.

I am really keen just to get this program working as it's one of the main reasons that I installed osx86 but it seems like this is becoming an unachievable goal :)

• 2 months later...

To do :

6) Install Logic =)

Cheers !

Thanks Wootl!! This worked for me :-)