ATI Radeon X1300 (7183)

Kuzuha

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I've installed the recent 10.5.6 iPC and have managed to get pretty much everything working at a decent level. I struggled a good bit with the X1300 (7183), but finally got it recognized and am able to switch resolutions. Unfortunately, it still does not support CI/QE. I have read through numerous posts and even saw a couple of people mentioning that they got it to work, but was not able to replicate their success. What I would like to ask is, if you have a X1300 (7183), have you managed to get CI/QE working? If so, what did you do?

I am currently using the Natit_ATIauto.kext with a sleep corner workaround to get past the blue screen. My system is a Dimension E521 with the X1300 Pro 256MB (7183).

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: After fooling around some more, I managed to get rotation supported, but still no CI/QE. Would still love to hear from anyone out there who has succeeded (or even miserably failed). Thanks!

Thank you for responding, super_engine. I tried using the kext you supplied, but I had read your post before about editing the plist and hex files, so it didn't actually change anything when I used it.

I also tried using a bundle of files that SticMAC posted on another similar thread recently and it got rid of my blue screen problem, but I lost rotation. I don't care about rotation, but I thought it was strange.

I'm going to try using SticMAC's files, but switch out the X1300 Natit with the AUTO Natit. I'll post an update if I have any luck. As always, it would be great to hear from others!

Thanks!

EDIT: Actually, I decided to try booting with my previous set of files as well as SticMAC's set both in the extensions folder. This time I had the rotation as well as no blue screen problem. Still no CI/QE, but probably the closest I've gotten to full functionality. Anyone have any other ideas?

• 6 months later...

Hey, have you gotten qe/ci on the x1300 Pro? I think it's the PRO part that's a big part of the problem... It's not the same as a regular x1300. I'm assuming you got it working, and if so, could you give me a hand? This bloody card is a nightware. I'm running a Dell e520... was your machine one of these infamous root device jobs also? I just don't feel like hitting another damn brick wall after all that. I'm running 10.5.7.

• 5 months later...

I know its been forever but has anyone managed to get this card working? Device ID 0x7183, Vendor 0x1002. ATI X1300. I am running 10.5.8 and have been messing with this card for the past 10 straight hours...if ANYONE can help me out I will be forever grateful! Thanks!!

Hey, have you gotten qe/ci on the x1300 Pro? I think it's the PRO part that's a big part of the problem... It's not the same as a regular x1300. I'm assuming you got it working, and if so, could you give me a hand? This bloody card is a nightware. I'm running a Dell e520... was your machine one of these infamous root device jobs also? I just don't feel like hitting another damn brick wall after all that. I'm running 10.5.7.

• 6 months later...

I have the same card in a dimension c521

(ATI radieon x1300 pro 256mb pci-e16x)

and it was working with QE as soon as i installed IPC (10.5.6)

im not sure why you are experiencing problems, i didnt use any of the graphics drivers at all

i do however get a very strange "frozen box" around the cursor when i click which goes away if you move another window over it

im also not able to play any video in imovie HD

i can edit it and export it etc but when i want to preview whats on the timeline i click play but the video preview is still