OSx86 10.4.1 on Dell Inspiron 1300

zimmoframe

7 posts in this topic

Hi.

I installed OSx86 on my Dell Inspiron 1300 the other day, and I am desperately trying to get things to work.

1. Resolution is 1024 x 768. Stretched, but I can live with this if there is no solution.

2. Sound is not working. Have tried the edit that is on the Wiki but no avail. I have Sigmatel HD Audio.

3. Wireless is not working. If you can get this to work, I will be satisfied. I have tried the AppleAirPort2.kext patch, but nothing. It is a Dell 1370 Mini PCI card (broadcom chipset).

Thanks. If any more info is needed, let me know.

Zim

Hi,

I have an Inspiron 1300 with same wireless card. I quickly left 10.4.1 because I found it wasn't much use. I am now running 10.4.3 with fully supported graphics, wireless and ethernet working but sound and ACPI monitoring (the little bar that tells you the battery status) are not currently.

If and when you upgrade to 10.4.3 you need a second monitor or a dongle plugged in to install and use because it recognises the external monitor as primary and wont work without it. To get ethernet working, there is a strange thing with XP that means it disables the ethernet card when it shutdsdown so whenever you shutdown from XP you must do a failed network boot then restart before XP and boot MAc then it will be recognised. For wifi you need to download the IO80211Family.kext from somewhere and follow instructions posted in the broadcom thread to make it work using vendor ID 14e4 and device ID 4318 . Still working on audio check the thread here: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...202&hl=sigmatel

• 8 months later...

It is a GMA900 (I've got a 1300 aswell:D). Right, big solution. Get the update to 10.4.6 JaS (It was what i did). It fixes the Graphics when you select the patch in the installer and it is the same with the Wireless aswell although i think it like dosent pick up as stronger signal like windows and the ethernet etc will work. There is no sound driver avalable (YET I HOPE:P) I have been searching for ages. Got no QE or CI to work but i am going to find out, will come back to you.

Below is to fix your battery meter.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=14912

I hope this helps

I also have the dell inspiron 1300 and have 10.4.3 installed, and tried all of the wireless fixes :unsure: . Got Graphics running perfectly! also no sound. there is no stigmatel 9200 drivers or fixes for the sound. If anyone knows of a place where someone already programed the kext files, for wireless, and could send them to me please post back. Thanks a million in advance!!!!!

Mavrik

• 2 years later...
I also have the dell inspiron 1300 and have 10.4.3 installed, and tried all of the wireless fixes :( . Got Graphics running perfectly! also no sound. there is no stigmatel 9200 drivers or fixes for the sound. If anyone knows of a place where someone already programed the kext files, for wireless, and could send them to me please post back. Thanks a million in advance!!!!!

Mavrik

I have a sound fix :-)

Download the latest applehda patcher app.

Drag the app onto your desktop

Download the attached text file (it is a codec dump for the sigmatel stac9200 audio)

Drag it onto the Applehda patcher icon. Type your password, wait for it to finish and reboot.

Enjoy!

Alex

Stac9200_h.txt

• 9 months later...
Hi.

I installed OSx86 on my Dell Inspiron 1300 the other day, and I am desperately trying to get things to work.

1. Resolution is 1024 x 768. Stretched, but I can live with this if there is no solution.

2. Sound is not working. Have tried the edit that is on the Wiki but no avail. I have Sigmatel HD Audio.

3. Wireless is not working. If you can get this to work, I will be satisfied. I have tried the AppleAirPort2.kext patch, but nothing. It is a Dell 1370 Mini PCI card (broadcom chipset).

Thanks. If any more info is needed, let me know.

Zim

What was the installation package called that you used for 10.4

i cannot install 10.5.6 to my dell inspiron 1300, the disc will not boot, therefore i am looking for a patched tiger one, however i don't know the name and googles not helpin at the moment

Thank You