Dell XPS M1530 / M1330 AppleHDA Solutions (Sigmatel STAC 9228)

talisman

201 posts in this topic

I got the Digital Mic working BUT (yes BIG but) I am using only one node pin config (node 19) and of course one input on the Pathmap and no outputs (zero).

I am testing different port connections so far port 0 thru 6 and 12 to 15 works. If I put port 9 as pin config of vista has on the registry the sound input is lost.

Next step is adding an output node and see if conflict with Internal Mic.

I put the dsp line of the ALC888 on the Mic and IntSpeakers, on the Speakers it adds some volume, which I think is great.

Here is a link of the Internal working:

Picture_1.png

I am ussing this pin config:

wich traduces into:

0 13 71c 9 0  node 19 association 9 sequence 0
0 13 71d 0 3  node 19 Color Unknown Misc Reserved
0 13 71e a 6  node 19 Mic In Other Digital
0 13 71f 5 0  node 19 port 5 Location 0

Hello everybody,

I've yet to hear any sound out of internal speakers or either of the phone jacks while in Leopard. I've tried all kinds of AppleHDA.kext's linked through these forums. I know things are very experimental right now, but am I just missing something?

I'm really quite new to OSX, so forgive me my ignorance.

Thanks a lot for all the information in these forums!

Binovino

Edit: system info

................................................................................

Dell XPS M1330

Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (2.5 GHz 6M L2 800MHz FSB)

Intel HDA / Sigmatel 9228...........................(not working)

128 MB NVIDIA GForce 8400M GS............(working, thanks!)

BroadCom 59xx/Intel 4695 .............(no worky)

Hello everybody,

I've yet to hear any sound out of internal speakers or either of the phone jacks while in Leopard. I've tried all kinds of AppleHDA.kext's linked through these forums. I know things are very experimental right now, but am I just missing something?

I'm really quite new to OSX, so forgive me my ignorance.

Thanks a lot for all the information in these forums!

I forgot to set permissions correctly on HDAEnabler.kext :(

Sorry for the wasted post!

Bino

I got the Digital Mic working BUT (yes BIG but) I am using only one node pin config (node 19) and of course one input on the Pathmap and no outputs (zero).

I am testing different port connections so far port 0 thru 6 and 12 to 15 works. If I put port 9 as pin config of vista has on the registry the sound input is lost.

Next step is adding an output node and see if conflict with Internal Mic.

which input node are you using....?? 19 27 7 ?

I used 19-27-7, 19-28-8, and 19-29-9 and all work but only with node 19 alone.

I tried several combinantions anytime I add some Output node sound can't be detected or no sound from speakers.

Right know I also testing 2 imputs and Internal Mic is working, see pic:

Picture_1.png

These are the combinations:

Speakers + Mic = no sound devices recognized

Headphone + Mic = no sound devices recognized

Line Out + Mic = no sound devices recognized

Speakers + Headphone + Mic = Mic not working

Speakers + Line Out + Mic = no sound devices recognized

Headphones + Line Out + Mic = no sound devices recognized

Speakers + Headphones + Line Out + Mic = Mic not working

Speakers + Headphones + Line Out + Mic + External Mic= Mic not working, External Mic works

Mic + External Mic= Mic works and External Mic works

Somehow Nodes of Speakers and Internal Mic are linked somehow, but pin configs of vista or Linux does not work becuase every time I user port 9 on any of theste 2 nodes sound is lose or no devices recognized.

I will try some more combinations :wacko:

Hmm this could be a long shot but can you try and place them on two different pathmapIDs and create two separate pathmaps?

That cross my mind but how I to do it? Make 2 layouts, each one with the same codec ID but with different Pathmap IDs?

Anyway, in one of the test I routed node 14 to node 4 so External Mic (right jack) becomes line out, so for those who want 3 outputs to get 5.1 it can be done now,

so node 10 = left jack, node 15 = center jack and node 14 = right jack.

Next step should be a live swapable pin configs so ext mic can be line out, etc.

I dont understand why Speakers don't work when they are the only node in the layout and patmap, they only work when another node is present in the layout/pathmap.

No sound at all after adding this Fix* kexts and vanila HDA

I get this in system.log

Jan 15 22:54:46 yehor-lvivskis-xps-m1330 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == fExternalControlArray" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAFunctionGroup.cpp" at line 767 goto Exit
Jan 15 22:54:46 yehor-lvivskis-xps-m1330 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == entry" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 2645 goto Exit
Jan 15 22:54:46 yehor-lvivskis-xps-m1330 kernel[0]: Matching service count = 0
Jan 15 22:54:46 yehor-lvivskis-xps-m1330 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 2508 goto handler
Jan 15 22:54:46 yehor-lvivskis-xps-m1330 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != widget->setUnsolicited ( true )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 850 goto handler

@Urthwhyte, there are no input or output devices

Did you try a permissions repair after installing the kexts, and are you 100% sure that the AppleHDA.kext you're using is authentic 10.5.6? Failing that, is there anyone with an M1330 who can test and see if it works, as that may lend credit to Macgirls idea that the m1330 and M1530 pathmaps differ.

well after several reboots I got mic working :rolleyes: WOOOOOOT

my AppleHDA shows it's 1.6.2a37 as far as i remember it's vanila

BUT i have lost my Hardware information :P it shows only "There was an error while gathering this information."

Try putting in the config data

Hey I tried the whole two Pathmap. I made the speaker and the mic on two separate pathmaps with the same Codec. It's attached, you guys can mess with the config data or maybe even add a different codec. Just mess around with it.

I'm rooting for you MacGirl. you made a nice find!

Speaker_w__Mic_test.zip

@gbonilla: With your kext I have working microphone (or atleast I can see that it's getting input), but no sound. I did replace the ConfigData you had with the data I had from my working kext, but that only results in no sound output and no outputs displayed under the Prefpane. Trying now with Macgirls kext and will report back.

Edit: Same effect with both, and I also noticed it seems to have a very high threshold before it will detect sound.