Dell Wireless 365/370/410 Bluetooth

Boombeng

83 posts in this topic

If you installed DellBlutoothHCI1.2.pkg, there is no hid2hci program, rather a driver that automatically puts the bluetooth hardware into hci mode at boot time for you.

You can nevertheless separately install and use the manual hid2hci program when you already have the driver installed. Either install hid2hci into some directory that is in your path, or type the whole pathname to run it: ./hid2hci for example.

ohh right thanks man !,

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
No matter what I do, I can not get my Dell 365 to work under Lion 10.7.1. Any clues how to enable it? Dell package 1.2 doesnt work, it's enabled in bios and under hot key. It's Alienware m11x R1.

Any help very appriciated.

I just tested my installer package, DellBluetoothHCI.1.2.pkg, under 10.7.1, and it continues to work just fine (I normally just install the kext manually without the pkg installer so I hadn't tried it until now).

Lacking any troubleshooting information that's all I can say in response to "doesnt work" reports.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I have a Bluetooth WPAN PCIE Card. The VID and PID are 413c and 8156 respectively. I had it working with DellBluetoothHCI kext until 10.12. In 10.13 it does not work any more.

Can anyone help? Maybe it needs to be recompiled for 10.13

Or maybe there is some other way using Clover patching of kext?

EDIT : Stupid Windows says 8156 when actual PID is 8158. My DellBluetoothHCI kext is loading properly for this PID at startup. However I still don't see it under System information. Any ideas?