here is the hp dv5000 & dv8000 intel patch bios for any wifi card

redratfish

62 posts in this topic

most bricked laptops are from the dv5000 or dv8000. as simply editing bios with you wifi id. wont work as it will bricked. pheonix bios editor. wont compress the bios correctly.

this bios was tested. on a dv5000 with intel CPU. its the same bios for all the dv5000 and dv8000 with INTEL cpu

make a dos bootable disk with add PHLASH16.exe and this bios file to the disk

and type this command PHLASH16.EXE /MODE=3 /X /BBL

thats what worked for me. i did not test with winphlash nore did i test flashing bios from windows. i did it in dos with boot floppy

use at your own risk if you brick your lappy dont ask me to fix it.

am now sporting atheros card. no more 104 {censored}

GO HERE TO GET FILES FOR MAKING BOOTABLE DOS FLOPPY OR CD

choose Caldera DR-DOS 7.03

http://www.biosmods.com/download.php#bootdisk

thank u so much bro.I have change i3945 with azurewave aw-ge740 (5006eg on win32) 168c,001c.I'm waiting chun-nan new working IOPCIFamiliy.kext with Intel Pro100 VE nic together my mini-pcie card :D

A mess happened, my friend who was helping me sucked the chip earlier, and some traces went dead, I fixed them, but I think the ST flash went too hot or something, cause the lap dont turn on, just some leds but only that.... The motherboard is 150 usd on ebay, but I dont know if I must invest on that...

I am going to bed now cause I am tired and sad....

A mess happened, my friend who was helping me sucked the chip earlier, and some traces went dead, I fixed them, but I think the ST flash went too hot or something, cause the lap dont turn on, just some leds but only that.... The motherboard is 150 usd on ebay, but I dont know if I must invest on that...

I am going to bed now cause I am tired and sad....

i'm quite sadden to hear that. ;)

Hi there !

Thanks a lot, it works !

*** SUCCESS REPORT ***

Computer: HP Pavilion DV8000t CTO

Bios: F23

Running Windows Vista

-Downloaded F24 Bios Update for vista from HP Website

-Extracted with 7zip the files from the package into a folder (there are 2 unpackings to do)

-Replaced BIOS.WPH with the hacked one from this thread (which is derived from F24)

-Launched SwinFlash.exe and made sure everything was OK as they stated (AC power, etc...)

-Clicked "Flash Bios": it worked like a normal flash procedure. After reboot, everything was OK.

Swapped the old 3945ABG with AR5006EG: it works, and Vista already knows the card and loads the right driver.

The wireless button now behaves oddly: instead of turning off the LED, it is just a little dimmed, so you can hardly tell its state. But it works, it does turn on and off the wireless card.

Thanks !

Hi there !

Thanks a lot, it works !

*** SUCCESS REPORT ***

Computer: HP Pavilion DV8000t CTO

Bios: F23

Running Windows Vista

-Downloaded F24 Bios Update for vista from HP Website

-Extracted with 7zip the files from the package into a folder (there are 2 unpackings to do)

-Replaced BIOS.WPH with the hacked one from this thread (which is derived from F24)

-Launched SwinFlash.exe and made sure everything was OK as they stated (AC power, etc...)

-Clicked "Flash Bios": it worked like a normal flash procedure. After reboot, everything was OK.

Swapped the old 3945ABG with AR5006EG: it works, and Vista already knows the card and loads the right driver.

The wireless button now behaves oddly: instead of turning off the LED, it is just a little dimmed, so you can hardly tell its state. But it works, it does turn on and off the wireless card.

Thanks !

I followed the instructions from Mac Fly and it worked perfectly. Running XP SP3. Booted right up, loaded the last driver (same as 3945abg) and haven't had any issue.

Excellent job to everyone who worked on this.

Ordered and waiting for my Atheros AR5006EG Mini pci-e WLAN Card from eBay. Hopefully all will go smooth too.

Now I just need to get a new LCD screen, had stupid dog hair stuck in it and tried to blow it out with compressed

air and now have a white vertical and horizontal line running thru it.....what luck I have I'll tell ya.

Ordered and waiting for my Atheros AR5006EG Mini pci-e WLAN Card from eBay. Hopefully all will go smooth too.

Now I just need to get a new LCD screen, had stupid dog hair stuck in it and tried to blow it out with compressed

air and now have a white vertical and horizontal line running thru it.....what luck I have I'll tell ya.

thats realy funny. reminds me of me.

hi,

I have the success bios mod and its begining.dv 5000 intel have the 945pm chipset.I change my cpu t2400 Core Duo to t5600 Core 2 Duo and its working stable.next try upgrade is 1 gb to 3 gb (1+2) or 4 gb (2+2) ddrII ram (when I try this some money).Hey guys anybody can try this memory upgrade?

I came accross this thread after I had bricked my dv8325nr. I used the phoenix bios editor to try and get a Broadcom n wireless card to work. I found out the hard way that the editor does not work right. So I ordered a new bios chip from bios repair. I got the new chip installed today it was not very easy but after a couple of tries I got it right. System boots up great. Then I flashed it with the bios that tattootroy had now my wireless N card works great. I just wish I had found this thread 5 hours before I did. I would have saved myself time and money. Just to thank tattootroy for all the information he has provided.

I came accross this thread after I had bricked my dv8325nr. I used the phoenix bios editor to try and get a Broadcom n wireless card to work. I found out the hard way that the editor does not work right. So I ordered a new bios chip from bios repair. I got the new chip installed today it was not very easy but after a couple of tries I got it right. System boots up great. Then I flashed it with the bios that tattootroy had now my wireless N card works great. I just wish I had found this thread 5 hours before I did. I would have saved myself time and money. Just to thank tattootroy for all the information he has provided.

hello glad to hear about your success on repairing your laptop. those tiny 40 pins chip are a pain to solder. but it can be done.

Hello, finally I got my DV8000t motherboard replacement (from ebay), but the new one is DV5000t, it fit and work fine, except for keyboard, the motherboard's keyboard connector on dv5000t is different than the dv8000t one, so I desoldered the connector from old and bricked mobo, and solder into the new motherboard but keys dont respond properly,(I have now two keyboard connectors, 24 and 26 pins) , I checked soldering and seems fine, is there a jumper or something I am skipping?

Someone knows?

Thank you in advice

hello am away from home when i get back ill take a look at the motherboard and see. i did the same thing with a dv8000 and the keyboard worked fine. ill check when i get back

Hello, finally I got my DV8000t motherboard replacement (from ebay), but the new one is DV5000t, it fit and work fine, except for keyboard, the motherboard's keyboard connector on dv5000t is different than the dv8000t one, so I desoldered the connector from old and bricked mobo, and solder into the new motherboard but keys dont respond properly,(I have now two keyboard connectors, 24 and 26 pins) , I checked soldering and seems fine, is there a jumper or something I am skipping?

Someone knows?

Thank you in advice

tatootroy after reading this entire thread you are the man for getting peoples dv5/8 series laptops to take cards that were whitelisted before. i have a hp dv5t-1000 with intel core2. after reading the entire thread every1 is talking about the f24 bios but when i got to hp website the only choices for bios i have are f.05a, f.07a, f.09a, f.0ba, f.0ca, and f.11a current. so i am confused as to which bios i need to dl and use to use your hack. i really want to put this spare broadcom card i have in. thx for your help in advance.

also what are the odds the computer will become bricked for this hack not being applied properly?