GIVE 5 good reasons make you use mac هinstead of any other os

rebelx

6 posts in this topic

1. Stability - It just works.

2. Uniformity - I prefer uniform interface conventions.

3. Cost - I find its long term costs in both software and maintenance to be quite agreeable.

4. Security - properly configured, it's pretty dang safe considering.

5. Looks - It's certainly easy on the eyes and pleasant to work with.

1. It stops me from drinking.

2. It stops me from smoking.

3. It stops me from biting my nails.

4. It stops me from swearing .

5. It stops me from eating too much.

I mean this honestly!! No waiting, No Install hassles, no Product verification!!

SticMAN

Here are my 5 good reasons:

1. It just works! (Well, any other OS just works for me also. Mainly cause the user ultimately decides if something just works, not some marketer at Apple.)

2. All my essential applications work with it. (Well except for the SAP GUI, Pidgin, Sopcast, Zune Software, CmapTools, Camastia Studio, MediaCoder, Transcode 360, and Power ISO. Other than that though, everything else is dandy.)

3. It networks seemlessly with the rest of my home. (Well, except I have to use SharePoints to share other directories other than my Home directory. And SharePoints can't even share NTFS partitions without NTFS-3G installed.)

4. I love the design of certain application interfaces. (I mean, when working with Mac:Office 2008, who doesn't love that your toolbar doesn't reside in the same window as your document. I love having stuff all over the place! Who needs to be nice and neat. Looks don't matter right?)

5. I love having something different, something other people see and think "Oh, wow!" (Well, except that 50% of the students at the university I attend has a Mac now, and they all know so much more about Macs than me for some reason. Of course, they tell me this after I set up their brand new Macbook on the school's Wifi connection for them.)

FYI, this was a joke. But I am serious in all my points. I feel that they are all points that could be improved on by Apple. For instance, they already have with the networking in Leopard. These few things I notice (except for maybe the applications) could greatly improve the OS to better than what it already is, and gain the full acceptance of users like myself...

1. It stops me from drinking.

2. It stops me from smoking.

3. It stops me from biting my nails.

4. It stops me from swearing .

5. It stops me from eating too much.

I mean this honestly!! No waiting, No Install hassles, no Product verification!!

SticMAN

lol I have the opposite problem...because it works I have so much free time on my hands the only way to fill it is to do the above

1) I love having someone tell me exactly how I should do something. For instance. Steve tells me I have to wait 60 seconds to shut down OS X every time. Or at least confirm I really want to shut it down.

2) I love paying double the cost for my hardware, because it makes me feel important and rich! I also enjoy using hardware that is at least two years old, since its far more reliable and proven. Yeah give me an ATI 2400, 800 DDR-2 Memory, and 2.8 Dual Core Processors. They are proven and worth twice as much due to their reliability.

3) I love going to the Apple store and meeting rock stars who some how choose to work for minimum wage and answer my computer questions so long as the question is no more difficult than how to turn off my computer or if a blue Polo goes better with my Mac Air than my yellow Polo.

4) I love watching the nifty commercials and realize I'm part of something special. No more evil Microsoft. Bill Gates sucks, the nerve of him donating nearly all of his hard earned money to charities.

5) I love not having complete control over my computer. I should be told exactly what software to run, which hardware I can use, exactly how to do something in the operating system. Also paying for every piece of software is mandatory, no matter how minimal of an application of game, even if similar or better applications are available for free to the Linux and Windows lemmings.

For you see I am DIFFERENT, I AM SPECIAL, I am a Mac user.