No DVD drive with Marvell 88SE6102

shermu

31 posts in this topic

Hi, guys!

I have a PC with ASUS P5k/EPU motherboard. Hackintosh installs flawlessly. After installation everything is OK, but the system does not recognize my DVD-RW (IDE,LG). Are there any drivers for Marvell 88SE6102- controller, because I think that is the problem?

Thanks in advance!

The problem is IOATAFamily.kext.

I solved copying this kext from an installation of Leo4all V2.

If you are interested, when I go back home, I put a link to this modified IOATAFamily.kext.

I apologize for my bad English

Giorgio

Hello Giorgio, I just tried iDeneb 1.3 on a Asus P5K Pro and I'got the same problem. Could you attach or send me the modified kext??

Ciao Giorgio, ho appena installato la iDeneb 1.3 sulla P5K Pro di mio padre e anche io non riesco a far funzionare un hdd ATA in cui mio padre fa il backup. Potresti postare il kext??

Mi salveresti ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

works for me, too, on p5k-pro with Marvell 88SE6102 PATA controller.

thanks Giorgio!

I still have a question: can I use my 80gb ide maxtor as time machine backup? or will it not work because this kext is not on the original dvd?

Domanda: posso usare il mio maxtor ide da 80 gb come backup di time machine, oppure non funzionerà quando mi serve, perchè sul dvd originale non c'è questo kext?

works for me, too, on p5k-pro with Marvell 88SE6102 PATA controller.

thanks Giorgio!

I still have a question: can I use my 80gb ide maxtor as time machine backup? or will it not work because this kext is not on the original dvd?

Domanda: posso usare il mio maxtor ide da 80 gb come backup di time machine, oppure non funzionerà quando mi serve, perchè sul dvd originale non c'è questo kext?

Yes. I use a 120gb IDE Hard Disk for Time Machine and works fine.

(basta che l'HD sia riconosciuto da Leo per usarlo con Time Machine)

Giorgio

thanks , Giorgio, but I mean, booting by retail dvd, will it work?

I have modified this kext for 10.5.5 release and specifically for iDeneb 1.3; I have not tried with 10.5.6; might work, but it is a risk.

Giorgio

Can you please tell me how to modified this file so it work with 10.5.6 ,it`s just that i have a board DP965LT that appear to have a Marvell controler for IDE and i can`t make it work for my DVD burner ,the id of the Marvel controler is 0x610111ab i think ,tried every think so far and nothing work ,im using iATKOS 5i updated to 10.5.6 working in AHCI mode.

Thank you

Man i love you :P ,i install again the kext and reboot with -v -f and it work now incredible 4 days trying every think and finally work :)

Now i just need to insert this on the install DVD so i can install from my IDE dvd if problems arise one day .

• 2 months later...

I have applied the KEXT, and it works fine on my P5K Pro, and my IDE Drives mount now,

but in System profiler and Disk utility, the drives show up as SATA, and the ATA Says no devices

attached. This has not been a problem, I'm just curious why.

Thanks

Chuck E.

This is the modified kext: for me works, good luck.

Giorgio

IOATAFamily.kext.zip

Is welcome a feedback, positive or negative, thanks

Hi, guys!

I have a PC with ASUS P5k/EPU motherboard. Hackintosh installs flawlessly. After installation everything is OK, but the system does not recognize my DVD-RW (IDE,LG). Are there any drivers for Marvell 88SE6102- controller, because I think that is the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Hey, guys, I have the same problem, only different hardware config. I have installed Leopard 10.5.6 from iPC (PCwizz), it installed with no problems, but now my Optiarc DVD drive is not recognized, but it worked for the installation with no problems, everything else works correctly. Do I have to get SATA DVD drive, or is there a fix for this, I have installed Jmicron IDE drivers, but they are not helping, is there another quick fix?

The drive worked fine with Kallyway 10.5.2