10.5.5 is OUT!

critic81

33 posts in this topic

Thought Id post my results :D

Updated no problem using delta 10.5.5 update, using sleep script method. No modification to boot scripts were needed.

Everything worked 100% after the update, except my audio. I simply used HDA audio patcher again and it was all a go.

FYI, I am using a C2D on Gigabyte P965-DS4 with 4GB, GF 8800 GT 512MB (EFI strings) and ALC883 audio.

Happily on 10.5.5 and kernel 9.5 ^_^

Update went smooth.

Sorry it took so long. I got distracted with watching Iron Man and playing The Force Unleashed.

Also had reinstall ALC883 AppleHDA to get audio working again. Other than that it's perfect.

Does anyone know what the "Includes extensive graphics enhancements." in the release notes is talking about?

Update went smooth.

Sorry it took so long. I got distracted with watching Iron Man and playing The Force Unleashed.

Also had reinstall ALC883 AppleHDA to get audio working again. Other than that it's perfect.

Does anyone know what the "Includes extensive graphics enhancements." in the release notes is talking about?

What steps did you take to install the update? Did you have to boot into single-user mode and disable any kexts before booting into 10.5.5? Did you just let Apple Software Update do the install and then reboot?

I have a Kalyway 10.5.2 install, updated with the Kalyway 10.5.3 update, then the 10.5.4 update installed via Apple Software Update, if this helps.

_devochka

Worked great for me.

Used this installer

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...1055update.html

For any one who doesn't know how to do this.

1. Download update

2. open up terminal

3. Type "sudo -s" without quotes and then enter your password

4. Copy this text without quotes then hit enter, "while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done"

5. Start the installer. Let it do its thing.

6. Once it's done, stop the script and hit the reboot button.

7. It will reboot twice and you will have 10.5.5.

This is the same method as Netkas describes for 10.5.2 -> 10.5.3. you can see it here. http://netkas.org/?p=50

If you don't have reboot working then just watch the hard drive activity light or boot up with "-v" so you can see when you should hit the reset button. Also I lost audio and QE/CI. Just had to reinstall audio and graphics drivers, nothing to hard to do. Happy Hackintoshing!

Is "while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done" the secret to getting Kalyway 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 to stop kernel panics? I noticed it was back in the 10.5.5 update, however I renamed it for 10.5.4 (Sorry, Steve!).

Worked great for me.

Used this installer

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...1055update.html

For any one who doesn't know how to do this.

1. Download update

2. open up terminal

3. Type "sudo -s" without quotes and then enter your password

4. Copy this text without quotes then hit enter, "while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done"

5. Start the installer. Let it do its thing.

6. Once it's done, stop the script and hit the reboot button.

7. It will reboot twice and you will have 10.5.5.

This is the same method as Netkas describes for 10.5.2 -> 10.5.3. you can see it here. http://netkas.org/?p=50

If you don't have reboot working then just watch the hard drive activity light or boot up with "-v" so you can see when you should hit the reset button. Also I lost audio and QE/CI. Just had to reinstall audio and graphics drivers, nothing to hard to do. Happy Hackintoshing!

So did you do any of the nano stuff or just exactly as you described here.

I found the links and what not and it says to do all this other stuff..

un update BUT DO NOT PRESS RESTART

Go back to your terminal and press Control C to end the script

In terminal type:

nano /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

DONT RESTART

Replace the line Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext with dsmos.kext

IF ON THE BOTTOM OF THE TERMINALL SCREEN SAYS NEW FILE DONT SAVE IT, that means installer script didn't put anything to install during startup!

Now, if you're running hacked kernel, which toh is(ASAIK), DONT RESTART

open osx tools, click update kernel, choose a file name to backup ur original kernel, choose the new one click ok, type password and thats all. but:

DONT RESTART

replace system.kext from the kernel download with the one in your extensions folder.

bring back osx tools, check the following:

repair permissions

set kext permissions,

clear extensions cache

click run selected tasks

then if all went good, just recall if you have done everything(backup extensions, run the sleep script in terminal and finished it, installed the update, installed the kernel and system.kext, repaired permissions) and if yes. you're ready to restart.

keep in mind, that some specific hardware might not be working properly after restart(WIFI, Grahics etc.) thats why you did backup of all your extensions- to be able to restore functionallity of that hardware after restart.

cross fingers and restart

boot with -v to see whats happening

does anyone know if 10.5.5 has iTunes 8 and quicktime 7.5.5 embedded in it?

It doesn't. The updates for the additional software (such as iTunes or QuickTime) come in seperate installs.

(Yeey, my first (of hopefully many) posts on this brilliant forum :censored2: )

Anyone know of a hacked 9.5 kernel like modbins 9.4 kernel? I am sure it is way too early since 10.5.5 just came out. i am using modbins 9.4 kernel on 10.5.5 and it works fine for me, but would just like to run the newest kernel. i can't run vanilla kernels on my p4m800pro-m pos mobo.

It doesn't. The updates for the additional software (such as iTunes or QuickTime) come in seperate installs.

(Yeey, my first (of hopefully many) posts on this brilliant forum :) )

thanks! i just checked the delta updater and i dont see it in there. i dont want to upgrade that stuff until some other stuff is resolved...

Kalyway got a 10.5.3 combo update pack on the green demon that will update it to 10.5.3. I used Kalyway's 10.5.2 DVD on my Dell E1405 and used his combo update to update to 10.5.3. I then ran the Software Update and updated it to 10.5.4 (probably the same as running the 10.5.4 delta update from Apple). I'm waiting to hear more about 10.5.5 before trying out the delta update.

Check this post out cuz you need two things after you update to 10.5.4 using Software Update.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=113623

Kalyway got a 10.5.3 combo update pack on the green demon that will update it to 10.5.3. I used Kalyway's 10.5.2 DVD on my Dell E1405 and used his combo update to update to 10.5.3. I then ran the Software Update and updated it to 10.5.4 (probably the same as running the 10.5.4 delta update from Apple). I'm waiting to hear more about 10.5.5 before trying out the delta update.

Check this post out cuz you need two things after you update to 10.5.4 using Software Update.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=113623

fumanju, excellent advice...

I've just installed kalyway 10.5.1 on my laptop.

is it possible to upgrade from 10.5.1 to 10.5.5 with the comboupdate and the steps that are described here?

Yes, that is what I did. I am no professional on this hackintosh stuff, but I went from 10.5.1 to 10.5.5 with the comboupdate. I just followed the sleep method as was posted before. Make sure to back up your kexts because from what I have heard, a lot of peoples sound does not work, and in my case, i had to replace the video drivers to get CI and QE enabled again.

Although, I am noticing a new problem. Everytime I turn off my DVI monitor, when I turn it back on, the computer will not send a signal out to it and runs the VGA really really slow and my mouse is unresponsive. Any one had this before?