GMA900 nolonger need a paperclip on Leopard!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Kramark

Kramark

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:computers,mobile phones,automobiles

First of all thanks for sharing the info with everyone; however, the link you posted is broken and quite frankly is not like the instructions make that much sense (at least the part after downloading and installing the file).

Thanks,

Will V.

Well the link is fixed now and its a link to the apple support so that you can download the leopard graphics update,but the instructions doesn't make any sense?? man read it or you can't read?? just delete the given file names and install the files that are written there using kexthelper.If you don't know kexthelper i'll explain it to you,its an application that makes us install kext files easier without going to terminal and repair permisson. Its that hard to understand?? Sometimes its hard to help people who doesn't use their head.. well goodluck hope you can install this simple task...

Will V

Will V

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
LOL... I laugh simply cause its funny how smart @$$ you can be. Like I said before, I do appreciate you for sharing this information in the forum for others to benefit from it; however, it may make perfect sense to you considering that you may very well be a more experience OSX user than me who is trying to get my first installation ever running properly (not to mention i am still getting to know the file extentions and what they are in OSX) So when you say user Kexthelper to install the listed files, i didnt assumed the files were supposed to be there already, instead i thought i needed to get the files from somewhere else.
Anyhow, thanks for the explanation.

Have a good one!

WV

Kramark

Kramark

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

LOL... I laugh simply cause its funny how smart @$ you can be. Like I said before, I do appreciate you for sharing this information in the forum for others to benefit from it; however, it may make perfect sense to you considering that you may very well be a more experience OSX user than me who is trying to get my first installation ever running properly (not to mention i am still getting to know the file extentions and what they are in OSX) So when you say user Kexthelper to install the listed files, i didnt assumed the files were supposed to be there already, instead i thought i needed to get the files from somewhere else.
Anyhow, thanks for the explanation.

Have a good one!

WV

I can't believe you did'nt really get my point.. All did was to shared the instructions on how to install the driver,and the driver is already given post#1 so all you have to do is download that driver and do what i just said and this is for 10.5.2 only hope you get it right this time..
well have fun..

Will V

Will V

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I believe i got it LOL I'll be trying your guide/steps/translation LOL once i get home since i dont have the laptop here with me.

datsunzcr

datsunzcr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an Intel GMA 900 series card. I did the upload and rebooted. Unlucky for me, it rebluescreened my computer. I redid the mount -uw / and /movevideodrivers for the Kalyway install to no avail. Luckily, plugging in a standard VGA monitor to the VGA output of my laptop got me to the desktop. I then installed the kext using the OX86 tools and rebooted. The OS still cannot see my video card and boots in standard 1024x768 mode. I need the drivers to run. The instructions that you posted are vague but helpful at best - Kramark - I am with Will. You failed to mentioned where one might find the kexthelper software. You failed to tell anyone how to remove kext at the command prompt and how to log in as a root so that you can even do it.

When you boot up, put -s at the boot: prompt - this will log you in as the root
change to the correct directory - the command is: cd /system/library/extensions
then the remove command is: rm - you need to do this to each file
Then you can use the kexthelper application - not that I could even find it...:(

Kramark - there is really not reason to flame people. If you want to help, then help. Keep it Simple. Not everyone knows the ins and outs of a "Unix" - not Apple, not even the person that started the development of it. No one can at this point. Not even the people as Microsoft understands everything about Windows. The OS's are far to complicated.

Will - If you actually got something working... I would love to know if you got it done and how you did it. I can't get iWorks '08 working unless I get the graphics working. So far, this bombed for me.

I wish you both the best of luck.

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
Hhmmm.. It seems that the Chinese website is offline http://bbs.pcbeta.co...309222-1-1.html

Anyone has another site for it?

Thanks

EDIT: Its ONLONE now.

Will V

Will V

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

I have an Intel GMA 900 series card. I did the upload and rebooted. Unlucky for me, it rebluescreened my computer. I redid the mount -uw / and /movevideodrivers for the Kalyway install to no avail. Luckily, plugging in a standard VGA monitor to the VGA output of my laptop got me to the desktop. I then installed the kext using the OX86 tools and rebooted. The OS still cannot see my video card and boots in standard 1024x768 mode. I need the drivers to run. The instructions that you posted are vague but helpful at best - Kramark - I am with Will. You failed to mentioned where one might find the kexthelper software. You failed to tell anyone how to remove kext at the command prompt and how to log in as a root so that you can even do it.

When you boot up, put -s at the boot: prompt - this will log you in as the root
change to the correct directory - the command is: cd /system/library/extensions
then the remove command is: rm - you need to do this to each file
Then you can use the kexthelper application - not that I could even find it... :(

Kramark - there is really not reason to flame people. If you want to help, then help. Keep it Simple. Not everyone knows the ins and outs of a "Unix" - not Apple, not even the person that started the development of it. No one can at this point. Not even the people as Microsoft understands everything about Windows. The OS's are far to complicated.

Will - If you actually got something working... I would love to know if you got it done and how you did it. I can't get iWorks '08 working unless I get the graphics working. So far, this bombed for me.

I wish you both the best of luck.

What's cooking brother?

Well just wanted to let you know that I personally had no luck with this. I tried following Kramar steps and the first time i tried it, I installed the pckg file which i got from this link http://www.apple.com...csupdate10.html. After the package gets installed you have no choice but to reboot the system so i did and after doing so i get a black screen with some sort of backlight color light and never able to get back into teh OSX's desktop (sort of like a 8 color display even though i cant see icons or anything)... so since i'm an unexperience user that does not know how to uninstall drivers, i went the easiest but longest way to back track (boot off the dvd and re-install OSX again LOL)
Second time around, i tried removing/deleting the "10" files listed in Kramar's instructions "before" actually installing the leopard graphic update.. This did not work either as I was not able to find all the files listed in kramar's steps (in my case not all 10 files were listed under \system\library\extensions\

So pretty much i'm back where i was, apparently this works as people claimed they've gotten it to work. I just havent been as lucky or as bright as those who have gotten it done.

Now i have another dilema and that's getting my wifie intel pro 2200 to work. so no video or wifi but at least i have ethernet :)

Hope you have better luck

Kramark

Kramark

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Ok guys,i will make another instructions for you to understand it very well and to make us all happy using macintosh :
First you should download the leopard graphic update
http://www.apple.com...csupdate10.html
2nd, after you install the update for graphics,don't restart go to System/library/Extension and delete the following:
AppleIntelGMA950.kext
AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin
AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle
AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext
AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext
AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin
AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

3rd,after deleting those files install this with kexthelper:
AppleIntelGMA950.kext
AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin
AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
which are from the post #1
after that restart and you have a working gma900 without paperclip trick... i hope this time you got it right now..
Here is the link for the kexthelper but please mate use google if you need some software because we can't always give you links in this forum..
http://www.cheetha.n...r/Software.html
Enjoy tell me if you got it right ok..

Will V

Will V

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
For anyone who may want to try this too. I just downloaded the file provided by RIWS on an earlier post (here's the link: http://forum.insanel...t...st&id=32813 ), once downloaded, I pasted the file into \System\Library\Extensions\ (replaced the existing one). Then reboot and boot off the OS X DVD, go to disk utility and repair permissions for the OS X drive, exit disk utility and you're done.
I am now able to boot up my laptop without a paperclip or a monitor connected to the VGA adapter. (I still wanted to try Kramark's steps but since i got it working now I guess i'm good)

another thing to mention, is that under Graphics/Displays: Q/E shows as "not supported". Dont know what results you get with Kramar's step though...

One more update: just tried the steps provided by Kramar and after rebooting, I am also able to reboot without a paperclip or a monitor plugged in and under Q/E it now says "Supported" :lol:

Thanks Kramar!

But copying the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebutter.kext to \System\Library\Extension\ also allows you to boot up without the paperclip

hjs89

hjs89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Wow!! Lot of thanks!! It worked for me!! I'm using an old laptop with 915GM (GMA 900). I'm using iDeneb 1.5 (OSX 10.5.7) and It works without paperclip fix!!!, CI & QE and 1280x800 resolution. VLC & DVD player works, but Chess no jeje.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy