NVS 140M Quadro with Full CI/QE support SOLUTION!

Demthios

52 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
I added the natit kext for my Kalyway 10.5.1 installation upgraded to 10.5.5 using netkas' method and I get full resolution with QE/CI but alot of artifacts when dragging or scrolling. Any thoughts anyone?

Are you Lenovo T61 or Dell? I can't upgrade tp 10.5.5 my T61, it always crash no matter what tutorial I follow

• 2 weeks later...
i was thinkin of getting a thinkpad as well, but this quadro problem is a plot-stopper.

and honestly i think a thinkpad is too ... bulky (didn´t say ugly;) ) to pose as an macbook IMHO. :)

but still good luck to you ;)

I think not all thinkpads have NVS140M, you can still get one with X3100 card.

• 3 months later...

Me too ThinkPad T61, trying a long time with Mac, From 10.5.5 to now 10.5.6 iPC, but now one could open the NVS 140M with it's QE/CI, without that, iwork09 looks only a blank page...

If anyone could offer us a T61 NVS 140M driver?

wish it's could be a result in year 2009 :D

• 2 months later...
If anyone could offer us a T61 NVS 140M driver?

wish it's could be a result in year 2009 :unsure:

agreed. nvinject leaves me with black screen & booting with -f or -x doesn't help; had to re-install.

System: Lenovo T61 6457-6DU: Kalyway 10.5.2 (Dual-Boot w/ XP)

Audio: Works (after adding kexts)

Wired LAN: Works (after adding kext)

Video (Quadro NVS 140M w/ 512MB RAM): stuck at 1024x768; should be 1680x1050 :)

Wireless (Intel Pro 3945ABG): not yet... :wallbash:

agreed. nvinject leaves me with black screen & booting with -f or -x doesn't help; had to re-install.

System: Lenovo T61 6457-6DU: Kalyway 10.5.2 (Dual-Boot w/ XP)

Audio: Works (after adding kexts)

Wired LAN: Works (after adding kext)

Video (Quadro NVS 140M w/ 512MB RAM): stuck at 1024x768; should be 1680x1050 :D

Wireless (Intel Pro 3945ABG): not yet... :(

agreed.. however i havent found there to be that many problems without qe, on my t61 i've got adobe cs4 working pretty nicely. btw, have you heard of editing the com.apple.Boot.plist to enable 1680x1050? its a hell of a lot better than being stuck at that {censored} resolution. just add these two lines after the similar entries, save and reboot

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

• 3 months later...

Hello!

I also have a ThinkPad T61 with a Quadro NVS 140M 128MB. Using it now to post this. This is my current situation:

iPCOSX86 LiveDVD: Works.

Audio: Works

Graphics: Works. Detected as 32MB, no QE and Core Image is Software. Resolution stuck at 1024x768. Can't move around windows ' cause it brings some weird stuff.

Wireless Lan: Doesn't work

When downloading stuff from Safari, I get a Kernel Panic.

Was able to update to 10.5.7 without issues, just like if it was a Mac.. asked for restart, restarted and kept working just like what is mentioned above.

What I want:

1. WiFi

2. Stability - No crashes when downloading.

3. My nice native resolution back.

Anyone has an idea on how to make some of this work?

Thanks!

1. if you have atheros, use kext attached, if you have intel will not work (buy a usb wifi)

2. don't know :censored2:

3. you can fix the res in com.apple.Boot.plist adding

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x32</string>

soon QI/CE might be fixed as well, so far no HW acceleration for NVS 140M

Hi I have a Quadro NVS 290, or which driver to install package that I need to recognize the graphics card?

Thank you very much

1. if you have atheros, use kext attached, if you have intel will not work (buy a usb wifi)

2. don't know :)

3. you can fix the res in com.apple.Boot.plist adding

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x32</string>

soon QI/CE might be fixed as well, so far no HW acceleration for NVS 140M

Thanks for the quick reply!

1. I have a NetGear card around and well, I wonder why I didn't came up with that. The integrated wireless it's the Intel 45xxx forgot the number. Anyways, Wireless now works, THANKS!

2. I don't know if it was the OS update, or that I'm using Firefox now, but I am able to download fine.

3. Nice idea! I wonder how to even start doing it! There goes my technical barrier. It's there a tutorial for very beginners as a guide to do this?

Thanks! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a Thinkpad T61with the NVidia NVS 140m.

I might be a bit late here..

I know I might not have the NVidia full support but I'll take what I can at this point. 1400x1050 resolution to begin with would be NICE.

Which would be the OSX / OSX86 Distro / Hack / Retail / Variant I should go for to install on this Thinkpad T61.

PATH OF LEAST EFFORT, LEAST RESISTANCE?

Is iPC the recommended thing or iatKos / Kalyway / etc?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone made any headway on this problem? I too have a T61 with the 140 chip; black screen with both Natit and NVinjectGO0.2.0c. It's a shame to not be able to use QE when you have a laptop that is capable of it! Also, which audio drivers did you T61ers use?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...