1Gen Iphone holders DO NOT UPGRADE TO 2.0

16 posts in this topic

Hey,

i upgraded my 1st Gen iphone to 2.0 and now its locked, i contacted att via chat and they can't help me...so i'm stuck with a locked iphone...

here is transcript of the chat...

Chat InformationPlease wait for a chat representative to respond.

Chat InformationAll chat representatives are currently assisting other customers. Thank you for your patience. A chat representative will be with you shortly.

Chat InformationAll chat representatives are currently assisting other customers. Thank you for your patience. A chat representative will be with you shortly.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Belinda Steele'

Velkropie: hello

Velkropie: i don't know if i picked the right chat, but i upgraded the iphone software to 2.0 and now it's locked

Belinda Steele: Welcome to the AT&T Live Support Chat. My name is Belinda, I will be happy to assist you with your issue or problem today.

Velkropie: great

Belinda Steele: ok, we have just found out it is not working correctly. Also we reported it to Apple.

Velkropie: ok, can it be fixed

Belinda Steele: yes, but not right now. Hopefully it will be soon, because we are getting calls like crazy.

Belinda Steele: I am soooo sorry. Wish I could do something.

Velkropie: well, i need my phone

Belinda Steele: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Velkropie: fixing m phone

Belinda Steele: I know the feeling. Let me see if their as any more updates. Hope a minute.

Belinda Steele: ment to say Hold a minute.

Belinda Steele: They are having major issues from Itunes, right now. No ETA reported.

Belinda Steele: Itunes is down nation wide. Try again later.

Velkropie: syre

Velkropie: sure

Belinda Steele: That is what we were just told.

Belinda Steele: By our Director.

Velkropie: no

Belinda Steele: Hopefully it will be soon.

Belinda Steele: Thank you for visiting the AT&T Live Support Chat. It has been my pleasure to assist you today, please click the close button to end your session. A customer satisfaction survey will automatically appear and we appreciate your feedback.

By "now it's locked" do you mean you bought a legitimate unlocked phone overseas and it's now locked, or you used a "jailbreak" to unlock the phone yourself. Or something else entirely? You're not very clear.

Neither, he means that iTunes activation servers are down so he can't activate his phone and stuck in the activation screen which you can only do emergency call.

Neither, he means that iTunes activation servers are down so he can't activate his phone and stuck in the activation screen which you can only do emergency call.

well put chrysaor, thanks

Same thing happened with the iPhone launch last year, its no surprise that servers are down with all the new 3G and 2.0 upgrade activations. I remember that it took about 24-36 hours to get things resolved.

I am still waiting for new version of Pwnage to upgrade to 2.0 and jailbreak+unlock my original iPhone.

I upgraded the day before official launch and have had Zero problems. The servers were back up after a few hours. Also with the iPhone always keep the previous working version on hand just in case. That way you just do a shift restore on your phone and put it back to the way it was.

Most people that have complained about the 2.0 going bad didn't bother to restore their phone they just decided to go online and whine about it. (IE the editor for newsweek that went on G4 and whined about his iPhone being bricked when he could have easily just restored it to 1.1.4

scnr, but may I translate:

Belinda Steele: I know the feeling. Let me see if their as any more updates. Hope a minute.

Belinda Steele: ment to say Hold a minute.

win-solitaire.PNG

Belinda Steele: They are having major issues from Itunes, right now. No ETA reported.

Belinda Steele: Thank you for visiting the AT&T Live Support Chat. It has been my pleasure to assist you today, please click the close button to end your session. A customer satisfaction survey will automatically appear and we appreciate your feedback.

fap fap fap

:)

Mh strange I never had any of these problems with my HTC Vox with Windows Mobile, really strange... :D:P;)

Dude, Winblows Mobile 6 on my Treo 700W is the biggest POS Phone OS EVER. Worse than the Treo 650 with Palm OS I had before it. No BS activation problems like iPhone, but daily spontaneous reboots, random lockups, and less than 24 hr battery life are the norm.. AND the phone is near impossible to use if I lose my stylus--

:P;)

i dont know if you've got a apple store round you but tell them you tried to update and it just f-ed up your phone. im on my 4th iphone and none were something like ummm i dropped it in the toilet. but really 2.0 messed my phone up i just kept getting a {censored} ton of error messages oh and id not suggest reinstalling itunes with no info on your phone when you reinstall itunes it will delete the backups, im not sure if you can copy and paste them in and out then back in after the install but let me know if you do if your on a windows machine its in C:\Documents and Settings\williamwarn\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup