AppleACPIPS2Nub for Leopard only

163 posts in this topic

No, it looks good. The reason I probably saw that in the first place in Sys Prefs is that I had a USB keyboard connected as well at that time. I did a reinstall and updated to 10.5.4 and the keyboard is still working fine. All I have left to fix is the card reader which doesn't work with your fix and the usual reboot/shutdown/ sleep issue if that can be fixed. I think the card reader is Realtek. Thank you again

Hi Chun-Nan.

I've been following your great work here and tried all you suggested..

I have LG 200 Laptop and experience problems similar to IRON on 10.5.2 - Only that for me your even the latest files didn't work.

B) still no keyboard here.

Trackpad is working well and is fully recognized.

Your debug ApplePS2Controller.kext gave me the following output:

ApplePS2Keyboard: probe commandsCount 2

I am attaching the ioreg too, it will be great if u can have a look.

Thanks

Dorons

ioreg.rtf

Ok here is what I think you wanted. If you can get trackballs working that would ROCK! Its a Trackman Marble FX.

Hi Hyper X,

Try this AppleACPIPS2Nub and ApplePS2Controller driver from this link, http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=21952.

Let me know the result. If possible, please post the ioreg_sp here again. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

AppleACPIPS2Nub.hyper.zip => the same as mouse editon

Hi Hyper X,

Try this AppleACPIPS2Nub and ApplePS2Controller driver from this link, http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=21952.

Let me know the result. If possible, please post the ioreg_sp here again. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Holy COW it works. It really works. The only downside is it only notices 3 of the 4 buttons. I checked in controller mate so I know the 1 red buttons is seen but notices it as some sorta weird move X and Y axis but doesn't do anything and since its not a button cannot be re-mapped. The 3 important buttons work though so I will only likely loose synthetic wheel scrolling. I attached my ioreg_sp in case you know how maybe you can get it working. If not then its ok :)

Also of importance you saved my bacon, more then once. This time in a huge way! I owe ya... I cant send much but if you have a paypal or something I can send a little something. *using my friends since I myself don't use paypal*

Once again thank you so much ;) Let me know if you can get the 4th button working, if not then meh you saved my butt big time and they will live with 3 buttons ;P

EDIT: Also does anyone know any apps that let you modify PS/2 buttons other then Controller mate. Doesn't seem to like PS/2.

ioreg_sp_ver2.rtf

Hi Chun-Nan.

I've been following your great work here and tried all you suggested..

I have LG 200 Laptop and experience problems similar to IRON on 10.5.2 - Only that for me your even the latest files didn't work.

;) still no keyboard here.

Trackpad is working well and is fully recognized.

Your debug ApplePS2Controller.kext gave me the following output:

ApplePS2Keyboard: probe commandsCount 2

I am attaching the ioreg too, it will be great if u can have a look.

Thanks

Dorons

Hi Dorons,

According to your ioreg_sp file. Everything seems to be loaded correctly (AppleACPIPS2Nub and ApplePS2Controller). I don't know exactly why the keyboard still doesn't work. (It may be the interrupt or the driver problem. I don't have the same hardware. It won't be easy for me to find out the reason.) Have you tried different ApplePS2Controller drivers?

Here is the link I found related to LG notebook. Have you tried the "sleep" way they mentioned?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=101453

Chun-Nan

Holy COW it works. It really works. The only downside is it only notices 3 of the 4 buttons. I checked in controller mate so I know the 1 red buttons is seen but notices it as some sorta weird move X and Y axis but doesn't do anything and since its not a button cannot be re-mapped. The 3 important buttons work though so I will only likely loose synthetic wheel scrolling. I attached my ioreg_sp in case you know how maybe you can get it working. If not then its ok :)

Also of importance you saved my bacon, more then once. This time in a huge way! I owe ya... I cant send much but if you have a paypal or something I can send a little something. *using my friends since I myself don't use paypal*

Once again thank you so much ;) Let me know if you can get the 4th button working, if not then meh you saved my butt big time and they will live with 3 buttons ;P

EDIT: Also does anyone know any apps that let you modify PS/2 buttons other then Controller mate. Doesn't seem to like PS/2.

Hi Hyper X,

Glad your mouse is working now. I have uploaed the source code on the 1st post. (the one you are using now). I am not sure if I can do anything with the 4th button since I don't have the same hardware. :)

The reason why your PS/2 mouse didn't work is that AppleACPIPS2Nub was not loaded because it couldn't find the PS/2 keyboard entry. (According to source code, PS/2 keyboard is the main entry and PS/2 mouse is secondary entry which is attached to keyboard.) Therefore, I changed the source code and made the PS/2 mouse is the main entry and PS/2 keyboard is secondary.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan

Hi Dorons,

According to your ioreg_sp file. Everything seems to be loaded correctly (AppleACPIPS2Nub and ApplePS2Controller). I don't know exactly why the keyboard still doesn't work. (It may be the interrupt or the driver problem. I don't have the same hardware. It won't be easy for me to find out the reason.) Have you tried different ApplePS2Controller drivers?

Suppose it is the interrupt, what can be done? If i understood correctly, its looking for keyboard on interrupt 1 and mouse/trackpad on interrupt 12. So - should i try to compile the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext with a different interrupt for the keyboard? (Is that LEGACY_KEYBOARD_IRQ in AppleACPIPS2Nub.h? am i making any sense?)

I've tried just the ApplePS2Cotroller that you posted here (for iron). Which ones should i try?

Thanks,

Dorons

Hi Hyper X,

Glad your mouse is working now. I have uploaed the source code on the 1st post. (the one you are using now). I am not sure if I can do anything with the 4th button since I don't have the same hardware. :)

The reason why your PS/2 mouse didn't work is that AppleACPIPS2Nub was not loaded because it couldn't find the PS/2 keyboard entry. (According to source code, PS/2 keyboard is the main entry and PS/2 mouse is secondary entry which is attached to keyboard.) Therefore, I changed the source code and made the PS/2 mouse is the main entry and PS/2 keyboard is secondary.

Chun-Nan

Ahh ok cool. I guess any 4 button mouse would help, but I think your too far away for me to send the device. Darn *I am over in Holland*. Well I will keep a look out incase the 4th button ever gets to working :) Now I just need to figure out how to re-map the damn buttons *so we can get on of the buttons to work as soft scroll*

Hi guys,

Here is the beta AppleACPIPS2Nub I have revised. It will work with any version of AppleACPIPlatform without editing the info.plist. Hopefully, in the future, we don't have to worry about AppleACPIPlatform being updated and losing the PS/2 devices.

It is based on original dfe's ACPIPS2Nub. (http://www.tgwbd.org/darwin/extensions.html) I have tested it with 1.1.0 and 1.2.1 of AppleACPIPlatform and it works. Make sure that you don't have ACPIPS2Nub Installed or it will cause error.

Again, it is just the beta version and backup the original ACPIPS2Nub before trying it.

Chun-Nan

AppleACPIPS2Nub.zip

Update: 7/9/2008

AppleACPIPS2Nub_b3.zip

Update: 7/23/2008, 8/2/2008

1. AppleACPIPS2Nub_b5: Fixed PS/2 keyboard working without PS/2 mouse existed in the system.

2. AppleACPIPS2Nub_Mouse: Fixed PS/2 mouse working without PS/2 keyboard existed in the system.

AppleACPIPS2Nub_Mouse is basically the same as AppleACPIPS2Nub_b5. In the AppleACPIPS2Nub_b5, mouse is attached to keyboard while in the AppleACPIPS2Nub_Mouse, keyboard is attached to mouse.

(You might need the modified ApplePS2Controller to make your PS/2 devices work if your system ONLY has PS/2 keyboard OR PS/2 mouse existed.)

AppleACPIPS2Nub_b5.zip

AppleACPIPS2Nub_Mouse.zip

I'm Currently trying to get my laptop keyboard to work and i'd like to try this kext. But the question I have is ok this zip file has a bunch of other files with it. Is the only file I need to worry about going to be the kext file? Or do I need to place the other source files somewhere else on the OS? I've been trying for over a week to get this keyboard working with no luck!

Hi Chun-Nan

Suppose it is the interrupt, what can be done? If i understood correctly, its looking for keyboard on interrupt 1 and mouse/trackpad on interrupt 12. So - should i try to compile the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext with a different interrupt for the keyboard? (Is that LEGACY_KEYBOARD_IRQ in AppleACPIPS2Nub.h? am i making any sense?)

I've tried just the ApplePS2Cotroller that you posted here (for iron). Which ones should i try?

Thanks,

Dorons

Hi Dorons,

I have checked your ioreg_sp again. It seems that the OS assign the interrupt to the keyboard correctly.

=====

| +-o KBC0 <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>

| | | {

| | | "IOInterruptControllers" = ("io-apic-0")

| | | "acpi-wake-system-state" = 0x3

| | | "name" = <504e503033303300>

| | | "IODeviceMemory" = (({"address"=0x60,"length"=0x1}),({"address"=0x64,"length"=0x1}))

| | | "acpi-wake-gpe" = 0x3

| | | "_STA" = 0xf

| | | "IOInterruptSpecifiers" = (<0100000000000000>)

| | | }

| | |

| | +-o ps2controller <class AppleACPIPS2Nub, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 8>

| | | {

| | | "IOProbeScore" = 0x3e8

| | | "IOProviderClass" = "IOACPIPlatformDevice"

| | | "IOInterruptControllers" = ("io-apic-0","io-apic-0")

| | | "CFBundleIdentifier" = "org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub"

| | | "MouseNameMatch" = ("PNP0F03","PNP0F0B","PNP0F13","PNP0F0E")

| | | "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"

| | | "IONameMatched" = "PNP0303"

| | | "IOClass" = "AppleACPIPS2Nub"

| | | "IONameMatch" = ("PNP0303","PNP030B")

| | | "IOPowerManagement" = {"ChildrenPowerState"=0x2,"CurrentPowerState"=0x2}

| | | "IOInterruptSpecifiers" = (<0100000000000000>,<0c00000000000000>)

| | | }

| | |

=====

Maybe it is the driver problem. (ex. Keyboard is not enabled or keyboard is dropping the key??)

Try this ApplePS2Controller to see if it makes any difference. Let me know the result. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

BTW, have you tried the "sleep" trick to see if your keyboard is functioning after waking up?

ApplePS2Controller.dorons.zip

Ahh ok cool. I guess any 4 button mouse would help, but I think your too far away for me to send the device. Darn *I am over in Holland*. Well I will keep a look out incase the 4th button ever gets to working :D Now I just need to figure out how to re-map the damn buttons *so we can get on of the buttons to work as soft scroll*

Hi Hyper X,

When I looked over the source code of "ApplePS2Mouse", I found the something related to the button.

if (_type == kMouseTypeIntellimouseExplorer)

_buttonCount = 5;

else

_buttonCount = 3;

Chun-Nan

I'm Currently trying to get my laptop keyboard to work and i'd like to try this kext. But the question I have is ok this zip file has a bunch of other files with it. Is the only file I need to worry about going to be the kext file? Or do I need to place the other source files somewhere else on the OS? I've been trying for over a week to get this keyboard working with no luck!

Hi spid3r,

The zip file contains the source code and kext file. The source code is for reference. All you need is the kext file to make it work.

Chun-Nan

Hi Hyper X,

When I looked over the source code of "ApplePS2Mouse", I found the something related to the button.

if (_type == kMouseTypeIntellimouseExplorer)

_buttonCount = 5;

else

_buttonCount = 3;

Chun-Nan

So if I get the source from wherever.. install X-code and then change the 3 to a 4... it may work? If so *edited because I am a moron who asked for the source when it's included with the zip.. DUH*, I will download X-code and give it a shot!

Also any idea how to re-assign buttons? *like make button 3 = 1... button 1 = 3... ? (yes I need to swap the buttons for someone... and if button 4 works I need to make it double click somehow) Controller Mate Doesn't seem to want to support it *being you know PS/2 and all*.

So if I get the source from wherever.. install X-code and then change the 3 to a 4... it may work? If so *edited because I am a moron who asked for the source when it's included with the zip.. DUH*, I will download X-code and give it a shot!

Also any idea how to re-assign buttons? *like make button 3 = 1... button 1 = 3... ? (yes I need to swap the buttons for someone... and if button 4 works I need to make it double click somehow) Controller Mate Doesn't seem to want to support it *being you know PS/2 and all*.

Hi Hyper X,

You can try to change from 3 to 4 to see if it will make any difference.

You can use the source code from the following link because it has been modified to make keyboard/mouse work without mouse/keyboard.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=21952

I am sorry that I don't know how to re-assign buttons.

Chun-Nan

Try this ApplePS2Controller to see if it makes any difference. Let me know the result. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Chun-Nan, you're the man!!! They keyboard is fully working and I'm replying from it..

Thanks so much, I will post this solution for other LG E200 users, they will be so glad!

All the best.

Dorons

Chun-Nan, you're the man!!! They keyboard is fully working and I'm replying from it..

Thanks so much, I will post this solution for other LG E200 users, they will be so glad!

All the best.

Dorons

Hi Dorons,

Glad your keyboard is working now. If possible, can you help me test this ApplePS2Controller to see if it still works on your notebook. Thanks a lot.

Chun-Nan

ApplePS2Controller.test.zip (The same as ApplePS2Controller.ANSI.zip on post #67)

Chun-Nan

Hi. all your releases have been working for me. iv been compiling it, and putting it all to my backup HD.

Anyway, i just want to ask if where can i get your latest ApplePS2Controller? iv been mixed up by so many version (1.1.0 & 2.0 ) and different sizes on this thread.

Can you point it to me where could i possibly get the latest beta or release of your appleps2controller.

Thanks

Chun-Nan

Hi. all your releases have been working for me. iv been compiling it, and putting it all to my backup HD.

Anyway, i just want to ask if where can i get your latest ApplePS2Controller? iv been mixed up by so many version (1.1.0 & 2.0 ) and different sizes on this thread.

Can you point it to me where could i possibly get the latest beta or release of your appleps2controller.

Thanks

Hi rals2007,

You can download the source code of ApplePS2Controller on post #67. That is the only one I have revised to make it work on gateway or LG computers. However, it should work on other computers because it is the one I am using on my machines right now.

Chun-Nan

Chun-Nan:

Hi again. forgot to tell you, i dont know how to compile sources.

I like to download the one that was already compiled.

is this the one? ApplePS2Controller.ISO.zip from post #67

or

ApplePS2Controller.test.zip from post #64

Thanks

thanks for compiling the ISO version - this half solved the problem - by default ukelele now sees my keyboard as usb pro in ISO format

however, the key to the left of my z key still wasn't being recognised

after some playing, taking the keyboard kext from the first post in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95568 and putting it within the plugins folder of the ps2controller (replacing the one that was there) resolves the problem and the key now gets recognised

then, installing the keylayout file from the ukelele dmg for uk intl english (logitech) gave me all my keys!

thanks for your help on this - i don't know what the changes are within the keyboard kext that make my keyboard work - i'm just glad that they work!!

Hi Chun-Nan,

Well, nice to see you here with new experiment with success.

I installed ~pcwiz Ps2fix.pkg to get my lappy's keyboard & trackpad back. That's ok.

Good to hear that your new one will work with new mac os update without any change.

I'm very much interested 'bout that and wanna install your new one.

How could i remove the previous one and replace your new .kext?

Please inform.

Thanks.

emuzaman.

Chun-Nan:

Hi again. forgot to tell you, i dont know how to compile sources.

I like to download the one that was already compiled.

is this the one? ApplePS2Controller.ISO.zip from post #67

or

ApplePS2Controller.test.zip from post #64

Thanks

Hi rals2007,

I tried to put the complied kext with the source code in the same zipped file but it failed to upload the file to the forum. It should be the file on the #64. To make it simple, I have uploaded another one named ApplePS2Controller.ANSI.zip on post #67.

ApplePS2Controller.ISO.zip on post #67 is the one I compile for ISO keyboard.

Chun-Nan

thanks for compiling the ISO version - this half solved the problem - by default ukelele now sees my keyboard as usb pro in ISO format

however, the key to the left of my z key still wasn't being recognised

after some playing, taking the keyboard kext from the first post in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95568 and putting it within the plugins folder of the ps2controller (replacing the one that was there) resolves the problem and the key now gets recognised

then, installing the keylayout file from the ukelele dmg for uk intl english (logitech) gave me all my keys!

thanks for your help on this - i don't know what the changes are within the keyboard kext that make my keyboard work - i'm just glad that they work!!

Hi ca-uk,

Glad your keyboard works. I am using ANSI keyboard and I don't know the difference, either. Perhaps you can ask the ownwer of the keyboard kext. :(

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

Well, nice to see you here with new experiment with success.

I installed ~pcwiz Ps2fix.pkg to get my lappy's keyboard & trackpad back. That's ok.

Good to hear that your new one will work with new mac os update without any change.

I'm very much interested 'bout that and wanna install your new one.

How could i remove the previous one and replace your new .kext?

Please inform.

Thanks.

emuzaman.

Hi emuzaman,

If you install the PS/2 Fix installer from the following link, I don't think you need to switch to the one I made. I think the AppleACPIPS2Nub inside the installer is the same as AppleACPIPS2Nub_b5.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=117359

Chun-Nan