Asus G2P Lappy

144 posts in this topic

LOL =)

When I installing original software from ralinktech.com - device working well (led is on, and it even connects to Wi-Fi, but not to one that I need) but App is closing after launch.

When I use patched software - App working well, but no device, even no led.

*WALL*

Again I have a mind that buying a normal macbook is much better than all this "dances".

No results with Wi-Fi. I have working app or working device, but not both of them!!

*WALL*

Try a broadcom 43xx for replacement ... are cheep on E-bay and are working grate ... for a macbook is to much investment and the performances are better on asus g2p ... trust me ... also a MacBookPro is a nice machine but again ... if it comes about money ... the value is equal but the price is double ...

just mi 5 cents :(

Try a broadcom 43xx for replacement ... are cheep on E-bay and are working grate ... for a macbook is to much investment and the performances are better on asus g2p ... trust me ... also a MacBookPro is a nice machine but again ... if it comes about money ... the value is equal but the price is double ...

just mi 5 cents :)

Can you advice some models with broadcom 43xx? I agree that it's better idea - but all my searching for it failed. E-bay isn't good way... I am not from USA =)

Can you advice some models with broadcom 43xx? I agree that it's better idea - but all my searching for it failed. E-bay isn't good way... I am not from USA =)

I have a Broadcom 4313 WiFi card but all the series 43xx are good for OSX, but someone pointed that the future are the Draft N cards (normally you find that kind of cards on Dell laptops and same price as broadcom) ... possible some friend that has no OSX to switch the cards to ? Also here where i come from is hard to find what we are looking for ...

Cheers

I have a Broadcom 4313 WiFi card but all the series 43xx are good for OSX, but someone pointed that the future are the Draft N cards (normally you find that kind of cards on Dell laptops and same price as broadcom) ... possible some friend that has no OSX to switch the cards to ? Also here where i come from is hard to find what we are looking for ...

Cheers

I mean real name of model... For example - I have D-Link DWA-110 with Ralink chip inside. So, you have something with broadcom chip inside... Am I right? So, what's the name of this "something"?

• 2 weeks later...
Can you give me the kext please ?

I do not mind uploading kexts but what i do not understand where is the problem with the kexts responsible for blue-tooth when is supported by the retail apple software ... If the icon in Finder bar is gray you have to delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and is back to normal ...

Here are the kext i'm using:

IOBluetoothFamily_Leopard.kext.zipIOBluetoothFamily_SnowLeopard.kext.zip

I do not mind uploading kexts but what i do not understand where is the problem with the kexts responsible for blue-tooth when is supported by the retail apple software ... If the icon in Finder bar is gray you have to delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and is back to normal ...

Here are the kext i'm using:

IOBluetoothFamily_Leopard.kext.zipIOBluetoothFamily_SnowLeopard.kext.zip

I can add that bluetooth sometimes dissapear after windows use. So, if you have no bluetooth icon in System preferences, just press Fn+F2 and wait for a second - you will see 2 leds on and bluetooth will apear in Mac OS.

• 2 weeks later...
btw, righteye, why are you still not on the snow leopard?

I am but on a separate hard-disk (usb external) i do not like the performances with some applications i use and it drives me nuts because for some reason the geekbench score is better, the machine boots and restarts faster but no shutdown and hangs sometimes when i stress the machine ... So i boot up in snow when it occurs me some new idea how to fix things and to do more tests with the "fix findings" on forums but i end up in very stable and now old 10.5.8

Also because i have allot of work to do i found no reason to back up and reinstall everything.

This days i'll post some patch i use for 10.6.1 and gives all the files needed on G2P machine, but i have one test to do to be sure that works.

Also be with the eyes on this guy dong that "created" one kext that can be used for our video cards and works with no injector and minimum of tweaking/editing.

C U soon

I am but on a separate hard-disk (usb external) i do not like the performances with some applications i use and it drives me nuts because for some reason the geekbench score is better, the machine boots and restarts faster but no shutdown and hangs sometimes when i stress the machine ... So i boot up in snow when it occurs me some new idea how to fix things and to do more tests with the "fix findings" on forums but i end up in very stable and now old 10.5.8

Also because i have allot of work to do i found no reason to back up and reinstall everything.

This days i'll post some patch i use for 10.6.1 and gives all the files needed on G2P machine, but i have one test to do to be sure that works.

Also be with the eyes on this guy dong that "created" one kext that can be used for our video cards and works with no injector and minimum of tweaking/editing.

C U soon

We are all waiting with hope :)

• 1 month later...