Asus G2P Lappy

144 posts in this topic

Can you give me the temperature when you play game and when you do nothing ? Have you found an application under leopard who give the temp of the dual core ?

you write

" The speed step ... well ... because i did not delete the AppleIntelCPU ... i guess it is enabled but somewhere on the forum someone pointed that we should use this "Speed_step_for_Vanilla_or_patched_kernels.zip"

in order to get proper speed-step."

I want to have a proper speed-step for increase the battery time.

Have you install it ,does it run ?

1. for temperature display use this http://www.bresink.de/osx/TemperatureMonitor.html

2. on my machine the temperature is 48°C-52°C when on idle or some minor applications. On playing games reaches 68°C or even 70°C.

For a proper Power Management use the woodoopower and the woodoobatery mahe by Superhai http://www.superhai.com/darwin.html also from there you can get the VoodooUSBEHCI to get the proper Shutdown. Are the best solutions because are working with the vanilla files so there is no need for other patches. All the instructions are there, but also you can try the patcher i made and you can download it from here

Hi.

I have a trouble with bluetooth. Somehow it stopped working and now there is just a grey icon which says that bluetooth turned off. When I press Fn+F2 icon disappears.

So, how to bring it back? I use 10.5.6, retail.

Just delete the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist from /Library/Preferences/ then reboot

The bluetooth should reappear ...

Well once the packtage is installed how i can verify That the speed step is working or not?

Using this application from Superhai http://www.superhai.com/files/leopard/rele...PUPMControl.zip

Doesn't work ...

Strange ... because here is working ...

Tell me the steps you followed and the files you use, might be because of some file that was patched previous and/or is not the version that is suitable with ...

Strange ... because here is working ...

Tell me the steps you followed and the files you use, might be because of some file that was patched previous and/or is not the version that is suitable with ...

I'am quite stupid .

First of all, when i shutdown it doesn't work, i must push on the start button for a real shutting down(quite boring).

Secondly, for the speed step can you re explain me how to run it ?

I have test your Apple hDA and the 4 speakers are working, it's FANTASTIK !

i have do a battery calibration and now my battery last 2:09 hours .

• 2 weeks later...
Something strange... I just returned home and found that Ethernet not working. It just says that there is no Ethernet cable plugged in. It's really strange because I didn't modify anything except Bluetooth issue. What happened?

Some electrostatic issue, it happens sometimes ...

Take out the battery and unplug all cables from the machine, then press the power button repetitively. Put all back then boot with -f

Hope it helps, if not ... delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Also ... you have experienced same problem when you are on Windows ?

Some electrostatic issue, it happens sometimes ...

Take out the battery and unplug all cables from the machine, then press the power button repetitively. Put all back then boot with -f

Hope it helps, if not ... delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Also ... you have experienced same problem when you are on Windows ?

Tried both issues - nothing happened. Maybe I didn't delete plist well? Because all network preferences stay same. On Windows ethernet works. In Mac in machine info it says that network card is fine (realtek, etc - so nothing happend with kext). Maybe I can just restore some file from time machine to restore previous state?

How can we stop the asus Oled mini screen ??

asus_oled1.jpg

There is a plugin

in /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBLib.bundle

that has this sring in the info.plist 9dc7b780-9ec0-11d4-a54f-000a27052861

if you delete that string ... might have luck with what you look for.

Test that ... cheers