Asus G2P Lappy

144 posts in this topic

The external Teac i bought 4 or 5 years ago has never let me down ... but is odd to have a laptop with some external thing attached ... I made a new firmware burn and looks like working better ... but no DVD-R burning.

The external Teac i bought 4 or 5 years ago has never let me down ... but is odd to have a laptop with some external thing attached ... I made a new firmware burn and looks like working better ... but no DVD-R burning.

I think that in case of this laptop some external thing - not big problem cause of low mobility of laptop. My G2 is like stand PC - mouse, firewire cable, external sound...

When i instal Ipc; the dvd drive makes a lot of NOISE (tuvvvvvv-tittttt-tuvvvvv-tammm-trummmm), not not when i install an app. The G2 is becoming Lappy :wacko:.

I have a stupid idea, to decrease the weight of the g2 but how (by removing the intel wifi chipset,change the hard drives ?) (25 grams)?

Well now, i have forgotten witch kext are making the keyboard & trackpad working ? Can you give me the link ?

Thanks

When i instal Ipc; the dvd drive makes a lot of NOISE (tuvvvvvv-tittttt-tuvvvvv-tammm-trummmm), not not when i install an app. The G2 is becoming Lappy :).

I have a stupid idea, to decrease the weight of the g2 but how (by removing the intel wifi chipset,change the hard drives ?) (25 grams)?

Well now, i have forgotten witch kext are making the keyboard & trackpad working ? Can you give me the link ?

Thanks

take off aluminium details =)

When i instal Ipc; the dvd drive makes a lot of NOISE (tuvvvvvv-tittttt-tuvvvvv-tammm-trummmm), not not when i install an app. The G2 is becoming Lappy :D.

Thanks

Here is a place where you can get all you need for keyboard and track-pad

And for the keyboard ?

Ok ...

Here is the kext that enables keyboard and track-pad if you put them in System/Extensions folder ApplePS2Controller4System.kext.zip and here is the kext if you put it on EFI partition under Extra/Extensions folder ApplePS2Controller4EFi.kext.zip

But remember to follow the instructions from the post link i shared previous ...

Now ... a second thing but very important for those with Shutdown / Power Off problem.

Thanks to Superhai files and specially VoodooUSBEHCI.kext i managed to get the Shutdown / Power Off working.

In order that you do the same use this files:

on Extra/Extensions folder: http://www.superhai.com/darwin.html and read the documentation first

Then edit the /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEHCI.kext/Contents/ as mentioned here http://www.superhai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18

Later on I'll make another patcher for Asus G2P laptops that will have the new track-pad function/settings, Preference Pane + Startup Daemon and the new Shutdown function. Also I intend to speak with Superhai to see if is possible to have Hibernate/Sleep functions on our machines, but for now because of the time let's pretend that we are happy with what we have.

Cheers

Edited by righteye

Ok ...

Here is the kext that enables keyboard and track-pad if you put them in System/Extensions folder ApplePS2Controller4System.kext.zip and here is the kext if you put it on EFI partition under Extra/Extensions folder ApplePS2Controller4EFi.kext.zip

But remember to follow the instructions from the post link i shared previous ...

Now ... a second thing but very important for those with Shutdown / Power Off problem.

Thanks to Superhai files and specially VoodooUSBEHCI.kext i managed to get the Shutdown / Power Off working.

In order that you do the same use this files:

on Extra/Extensions folder: http://www.superhai.com/darwin.html and read the documentation first

Then edit the /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEHCI.kext/Contents/ as mentioned here http://www.superhai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18

Later on I'll make another patcher for Asus G2P laptops that will have the new track-pad function/settings, Preference Pane + Startup Daemon and the new Shutdown function. Also I intend to speak with Superhai to see if is possible to have Hibernate/Sleep functions on our machines, but for now because of the time let's pretend that we are happy with what we have.

Cheers

Really good news!

Thanks!!

Btw, can you recommend some wi-fi cards to replace the standart one? Cause there are no kexts for standart =(

Really good news!

Thanks!!

Btw, can you recommend some wi-fi cards to replace the standart one? Cause there are no kexts for standart =(

I know that passed more than 1 and 1/2 years since the WiFi project started but no good news, so just buy a Broadcom 43xx card or ask a friend that is not using OSX to change it with yours.

So now the shutdown is work ?

If it's true i hope you have pay pal.^^lol

Yes i do have a PayPal ... :P

The only thing that i am not kidding is about the shutdown ... it works, but thanks to someone else. I am just the one that made the tests, so my PayPal account can wait for the time i'll do something that deserves to be payed.

Cheers

I know that passed more than 1 and 1/2 years since the WiFi project started but no good news, so just buy a Broadcom 43xx card or ask a friend that is not using OSX to change it with yours.

Yes i do have a PayPal ... :(

The only thing that i am not kidding is about the shutdown ... it works, but thanks to someone else. I am just the one that made the tests, so my PayPal account can wait for the time i'll do something that deserves to be payed.

Cheers

Thanks!

Hmmm... Does Broadcom 43xx have bluetooth?

what for ? the one from your asus is broken ?

on asus g2p laptops are separated: the wifi is on pci and the bluetooth is on usb2 ... do not concern that replacing the wifi you'll lose the bluetooth.

by the way ... i made another patcher for asus g2p 10.5.7 system. check the signature

:P

what for ? the one from your asus is broken ?

on asus g2p laptops are separated: the wifi is on pci and the bluetooth is on usb2 ... do not concern that replacing the wifi you'll lose the bluetooth.

by the way ... i made another patcher for asus g2p 10.5.7 system. check the signature

:)

;) I just thought that bluetooth an wi-fi modules are both on Intel 3945 =)

Thanks

VoiceOver not working now... In System Preferences the second Iternal Mic is working, but in VoiceOver preferences no effect =(

On your machine worked before of 10.5.7 with this new driver patched or it just worked with the old patched driver on all system versions ?

Here not working to with VoiceOver; but works with skype, yahoo messenger, msn messenger and skreenflow

I'll investigate more to see if is related with the driver or with the VoiceOver application and it's requirements.

Thanks for pointing this out!

On your machine worked before of 10.5.7 with this new driver patched or it just worked with the old patched driver on all system versions ?

Here not working to with VoiceOver; but works with skype, yahoo messenger, msn messenger and skreenflow

I'll investigate more to see if is related with the driver or with the VoiceOver application and it's requirements.

Thanks for pointing this out!

I still on 10.5.6. VoiceOver was working with old driver, but not working with new one, which enables bottom speakers. Speakers are more important for me, so I use new driver. But VoiceOver is also good thing, I hope it will works somewhen =)

I still on 10.5.6. VoiceOver was working with old driver, but not working with new one, which enables bottom speakers. Speakers are more important for me, so I use new driver. But VoiceOver is also good thing, I hope it will works somewhen =)

In order to get the Voice Over working ... i edited this driver ... Works with the internal microphone only ... I can not get External to show and work as External separated by the Internal one. Also you will not lose the Lauder Speakers :thumbsdown_anim:

AppleHDA_internalMic_4VoiceOver.kext.zip

Cheers

So well now the keyboard and trackpad is fully working,Thanks

1.But it possible to use 2 or 3 fingers on the trackpad ??

2. Under leopard, can you give me the time to empty the battery (for me 1h45).

3. Well,when you open the machine, you found something like this

3945abg.jpg it's the wifi chip and it can be remplaced by another chip but fully compatible with osx 86 ? because i bought this dlink_DWA-140.jpg

and it quite BIG !!!

Thank you a lot !!!

For the RAM check this:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board...SLanguage=en-us

So well now the keyboard and trackpad is fully working,Thanks

1.But it possible to use 2 or 3 fingers on the trackpad ??

2. Under leopard, can you give me the time to empty the battery (for me 1h45).

3. Well,when you open the machine, you found something like this

3945abg.jpg it's the wifi chip and it can be remplaced by another chip but fully compatible with osx 86 ? because i bought this dlink_DWA-140.jpg

and it quite BIG !!!

Thank you a lot !!!

For the RAM check this:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board...SLanguage=en-us

1. Only 2 fingers on track pad ... that means scroll down

2. The battery lasts about an hour not more. Also I'll check after a Battery Calibration made from BIOS. But for now, because my machine is on Power Adapter like 16 hours per day, is not a big deal if battery lasts less than when i first bought the machine.

3. Yes, that is the wireless card and can be replaced with a Broadcom 43xx (4312 like i have or 4310 -> 4313) or if you can find to buy a Draft N from Dell. I personally wanted a Draft N but no one has able to bring it to me for a reasonable amount of money. Another thing ... du not know whi in that picture the card has 3 jack connectors ... On mine had only 2.

Cheers

1. Only 2 fingers on track pad ... that means scroll down

2. The battery lasts about an hour not more. Also I'll check after a Battery Calibration made from BIOS. But for now, because my machine is on Power Adapter like 16 hours per day, is not a big deal if battery lasts less than when i first bought the machine.

3. Yes, that is the wireless card and can be replaced with a Broadcom 43xx (4312 like i have or 4310 -> 4313) or if you can find to buy a Draft N from Dell. I personally wanted a Draft N but no one has able to bring it to me for a reasonable amount of money. Another thing ... du not know whi in that picture the card has 3 jack connectors ... On mine had only 2.

Cheers

du not know whi in that picture the card has 3 jack connectors ... On mine had only 2.

i don't understand your question

Can you help me for fixing the shutdown?

1.What i have to do and instal ?

2.If i fix the shutdown ,the are other that can goes wrong ?

3.Thanks

Can you give me the temperature when you play game and when you do nothing ? Have you found an application under leopard who give the temp of the dual core ?

you write

" The speed step ... well ... because i did not delete the AppleIntelCPU ... i guess it is enabled but somewhere on the forum someone pointed that we should use this "Speed_step_for_Vanilla_or_patched_kernels.zip"

in order to get proper speed-step."

I want to have a proper speed-step for increase the battery time.

Have you install it ,does it run ?