Asus G2P Lappy

144 posts in this topic

Righteye, I need your help for doing a dual boot Xp-Osx(ipc) on my G2p.

But i'dont know how...

Can you help me ?

Thanks

I'm not Righteye, but try to help =)

You can do it in 3 steps:

1) using install DVD of iPC format your HDD. Create partition for Mac and for xp (using DiskUtility from tools menu).

2) Install xp

3) Install Mac (make sure that any bootloader, for example Chameleon choosen).

If you already have installed xp and mac on different partitions - just install Chameleon on mac partition (only chameleon - not whole mac system).

That could help ... Is the best way to install and dual boot XP and OSX86.

Also you can follow the files posted in this topic with the patched files ... Will save allot of problems and time consuming.

Sorry but this days i was busy with the barbeque ... and spend some time finding more about sound on our Laptops, and guess what ?

:(

4 Speakers working

Internal Microphone working

There is a small bug ... but that doesn't bother me

In the System Profiler comes just:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x104313C4

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Microphone:

Connection: Internal

Microphone:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

Speaker:

Speaker:

Headphone:

and in the System Preferences:

Output

Internal Speaker

Internal Speaker

Headphone

Input

Internal Microphone (this is junk)

Internal Microphone (this works great internal or external)

Line In (this does not come up in the System Profiler)

I'll not explain what i did cause is like tons of readings but i'll make the story short:

I re-patched the AppleHDA and edited. This is the result AppleHDA.kext.zip

To play with Quadrophonic simulation used this information

It is Taruga based driver and THe KiNG - MadTux understandings.

If you like and have some time try to "develop" more about this sound card ... The guis mentioned above have to much work to do and looks like there is no time to reply on my PMS, but they did a grate job on the forum and shared allot of informations there so I THANKS THEM ALLOT :P

If you need more informations or help ... post here and i'll try to do my best!

Cheers

That could help ... Is the best way to install and dual boot XP and OSX86.

Also you can follow the files posted in this topic with the patched files ... Will save allot of problems and time consuming.

Sorry but this days i was busy with the barbeque ... and spend some time finding more about sound on our Laptops, and guess what ?

:guitar:

4 Speakers working

Internal Microphone working

There is a small bug ... but that doesn't bother me

In the System Profiler comes just:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x104313C4

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Microphone:

Microphone:

Speaker:

Speaker:

Headphone:

and in the System Preferences:

Output

Internal Speaker

Internal Speaker

Headphone

Input

Internal Microphone (this is junk)

Internal Microphone (this works great internal or external)

Line In (this does not come up in the System Profiler)

I'll not explain what i did cause is like tons of readings but i'll make the story short:

I re-patched the AppleHDA and edited. This is the result AppleHDA.kext.zip

To play with Quadrophonic simulation used this information

It is Taruga based driver and THe KiNG - MadTux understandings.

If you like and have some time try to "develop" more about this sound card ... The guis mentioned above have to much work to do and looks like there is no time to reply on my PMS, but they did a grate job on the forum and shared allot of informations there so I THANKS THEM ALLOT :rolleyes:

If you need more informations or help ... post here and i'll try to do my best!

Cheers

Tried this - it's really works =)

but it's like joke - there is bottom pair working or top, but not both of them ))

However, bottom speakers much louder - so now watching movies more comfort.

And another thing - it seems that there is now no external mic support, or I just didnt find it...

So - it' really helpful patch - now when you're without external speakers you can watch movies with normal loud.

Thanks!

Tried this - it's really works =)

but it's like joke - there is bottom pair working or top, but not both of them ))

However, bottom speakers much louder - so now watching movies more comfort.

And another thing - it seems that there is now no external mic support, or I just didnt find it...

So - it' really helpful patch - now when you're without external speakers you can watch movies with normal loud.

Thanks!

The external mic works just plug in one ... Are working bout on same time ... I'll try to fix more about this sound but i need more time. Its more complicated that i thought :rolleyes:

The external mic works just plug in one ... Are working bout on same time ... I'll try to fix more about this sound but i need more time. Its more complicated that i thought :censored2:

Main work already done - we have loud bottom speakers... For me it's the main thing =)

two mics working same time - it's funny )

Lucky you! and best wishes )

what about 10.5.7? Righteye, did you try to update from retail mac?

same procedure as before ... have to do more tests with the audio

i posted already the patched files for video on here Also there is a new kext that has to be removed from Extensions folder: AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

Works also with it but you get a warning like MacBook Pro 4.1 test failed but boots fine ... No solution for Shutdown/Poweroff problem ... I'll come later with more info.

Righteye are you ready for snow leopard ?? Joke...

To install it just follow this

The thing is that now the drivers for Ati are written in different way. No more ATINDRV. The ATiX1x00Controller, ATiSupport and ATiFramebuffer are following the ATiX1000Radeon.kext presence. As soon the Snow is released as a final ... someone will point us in the right direction.

As a personal statement: it is running smoother and quicker than 10.5.x (but for now no res change at al)

Cheers

To install it just follow this

The thing is that now the drivers for Ati are written in different way. No more ATINDRV. The ATiX1x00Controller, ATiSupport and ATiFramebuffer are following the ATiX1000Radeon.kext presence. As soon the Snow is released as a final ... someone will point us in the right direction.

As a personal statement: it is running smoother and quicker than 10.5.x (but for now no res change at al)

Cheers

no res change - what do u mean?

It's always 1440*900 or something like 800*600?

If first than I think it worth to install - I dont need change resolution

no res change - what do u mean?

It's always 1440*900 or something like 800*600?

If first than I think it worth to install - I dont need change resolution

no res change is the default 1024*768 that canot be changed, and the only one that comes in display preferences.

• 2 weeks later...

there is new Safari 4 for 10.5.7... So I decide to update...

Righteye, you already answered this question, but I didn't completely understand - should I install retail 10.5.7 as 10.5.6 (chameleon, extra folder, etc - everything again) or I can just update to 10.5.7 from standart Apple Update program? Now I have 10.5.6 retail.

there is new Safari 4 for 10.5.7... So I decide to update...

Righteye, you already answered this question, but I didn't completely understand - should I install retail 10.5.7 as 10.5.6 (chameleon, extra folder, etc - everything again) or I can just update to 10.5.7 from standart Apple Update program? Now I have 10.5.6 retail.

You can update using the apple update ... or downloading the update ... you can use the files from 10.5.6 retail patcher but in order to get the video working you have to use the ATi related files from 10.5.7 that i posted in a previous post ...

Hey righteye,

i want to replace the Hard drive (now 160 go seagate 5400 rpm) with a WD 320 7200 Blue.My G2p will be faster?

With the g2p,the speeds step is active under léopard ??

Have you try to install Snow Leopard ?

Yes ... the G2P becomes faster with a 7200 rpm hard drive. The speed step ... well ... because i did not delete the AppleIntelCPU ... i guess it is enabled but somewhere on the forum someone pointed that we should use this Speed_step_for_Vanilla_or_patched_kernels.zip in order to get proper speed-step.

Snow Leopard is TABU because all the info we provide here will give apple ideas to prevent the possibility of installing SL on PC machines. But yes ... i did an install ... and the video driver is different so have to investigate how to inject the data on some video related kexts to get full res and Qe/Ci; the shutdown is also a problem like on 10.5.6 and 10.5.7. The system is allot more faster because Finder is written in Cocoa

Hope that we will be able to get a 100% SL system working on our machines when the time comes.

EDIT (NEW and better)

In order to get better spped-step look for VoodooPower and GenericCPUPMControl by Superhi

Yes, i hope that we'll be able to make the SL update under Leopard.

I think that the speed step work normaly (becuz the fan speed vary)...

In fact i want to boost my G2.

I'll buy a 7200 hard drive,but i want to clone my 5400rpm with the dual boot and declone it on the 7200rpm ,it's possible why witch app ?

I see that you have 4 go of ram,now a have 2 go it's really interresting for games ?

The wifi still doesn't work ?

Installing Leopard with the retail DVD,bring us new things(fonctions)?

Yes, i hope that we'll be able to make the SL update under Leopard.

I think that the speed step work normaly (becuz the fan speed vary)...

In fact i want to boost my G2.

I'll buy a 7200 hard drive,but i want to clone my 5400rpm with the dual boot and declone it on the 7200rpm ,it's possible why witch app ?

I see that you have 4 go of ram,now a have 2 go it's really interresting for games ?

The wifi still doesn't work ?

Installing Leopard with the retail DVD,bring us new things(fonctions)?

To clone the HDD use from mac Winclone in order to get your WindoZZ and you can use the Disk Utility to get the Hackintosh ... The best is to use Drive Genius to clone the mac partition.

Now ... the funny thing with the 4GB RAM ... The ASUS G2P bios is written to use only 2.4GB RAM ... i just found that when playing with some 64-bit Linux distros. SO DO NOT BUY MORE RAM !!! The ASUS company has no reply to people concerned with this situation ... The system recognize 4 but it is using only 2.4

My bad ... I'll let that info in my signature but with the specification that i just wrote here.

I used to play games and ... some slight improvement but not for that i wanted more RAM.

Yes ... the WiFi is in the same stage like before. I just replaced it with a Broadcom 43xx and works like a charm.

Installing from Leopard Retail has the only advantage that you know exactly what files had been patched so you know what to do when upgrade comes.

To clone the HDD use from mac Winclone in order to get your WindoZZ and you can use the Disk Utility to get the Hackintosh ... The best is to use Drive Genius to clone the mac partition.

Now ... the funny thing with the 4GB RAM ... The ASUS G2P bios is written to use only 2.4GB RAM ... i just found that when playing with some 64-bit Linux distros. SO DO NOT BUY MORE RAM !!! The ASUS company has no reply to people concerned with this situation ... The system recognize 4 but it is using only 2.4

My bad ... I'll let that info in my signature but with the specification that i just wrote here.

I used to play games and ... some slight improvement but not for that i wanted more RAM.

Yes ... the WiFi is in the same stage like before. I just replaced it with a Broadcom 43xx and works like a charm.

Installing from Leopard Retail has the only advantage that you know exactly what files had been patched so you know what to do when upgrade comes.

I'am very surprised by the un-upgratable ram :s...

Have you it test with the orignal Bios ?The 2 bar of ram have the same specs ?

Has someone problems with the DVD Drive ? Now mine does not want to work at all with CD-R os DVD-R and sometimes gives errors when writing CD+R os DVD+R. Latest firmware makes no difference.

Cheers

Has someone problems with the DVD Drive ? Now mine does not want to work at all with CD-R os DVD-R and sometimes gives errors when writing CD+R os DVD+R. Latest firmware makes no difference.

Cheers

hm... I have some errors on writing - a message about some troubles, but all written data is ok. So I just ignore it. No problems with reading. But drive is noisy on some DVD, but it was in windows too.