Best Hardware for a Powermac G5 Case Mod

CaptHowie

7 posts in this topic

Hey Everybody,

Going to start my G5 case mod soon and i'm hoping to find some good components for the job. I live in Australia, but I should be able to get most stuff here that is available in the states (i can still use newegg and craigslist...). Anyway, just wondering what other people are putting in their case mods, and what the best components are for the job.

Thanks,

howie ;)

• 1 year later...
Hey Everybody,

Going to start my G5 case mod soon and i'm hoping to find some good components for the job. I live in Australia, but I should be able to get most stuff here that is available in the states (i can still use newegg and craigslist...). Anyway, just wondering what other people are putting in their case mods, and what the best components are for the job.

Thanks,

howie ;)

Where u gonna use the system for?

Anyway this is a very good config:

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 (good support not to exspensive)

Intel Core i7 860 or Intel Core i5 750 (prefer i7 for hyperthreading and overclocking)

PNY GeForce 9 9600GT PCI-E 512Mo XLR8 OC(strong and good suported)

Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B(must have very good cooling and choice of adding 4 fans to te block itself)

Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C7(al your own choice but this good for a 1 stick of 2 stick and it gives capability to upgrade up to 16 gb of drr3 1600 with 7 cas lattency)

Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS(very fast got one myself but is catching dust becaus my g5 crashed and modding it to :D)

fans just use the stock at 5 or 12 volt 12 volt is like an airblower but im used to amd stock coolers wich produces 40-45 decibel wich is pretty noisy)

Psu is your own choice I've been using 700 watt's since I started building/moding pc's I advise the OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W

I acctuly just want to have a working mac like before well then with pc hardware and snow leo bus just working as in the picture.

post-558905-1266620604_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My donor case is a Coolermaster ATCs 101 which is donating its removable motherboard tray for my G5 Mod.

• 2 weeks later...