PCSX2 on Mac ?

112 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, i'm not dead apparently :P Sorry for no progress to all the interested people but moving to another country, working first job and living alone does take some time to get used to.

I've cleaned up the code and set up trac project at http://quant0r.com/trac/trac.cgi. Now it doesn't require manual editing of makefiles, compiling of nasm files, etc... etc... It's a plain configure/make process.

I'm not too sure of dependencies right now as I've installed quite a bit so I'm looking for a volunteer to go through build process on a clean mac :)

I'll be releasing a tarball afterwards I guess.

Yeah, i'm not dead apparently B)

That's good news! Really! ;)

I was about to write a new post to know what's up.

Thanks for the pcsx2 package, I'm pretty sure others good developers are going to get involved in this.

So thanks again for your good work :)

Ok, going forward. I've spent last few nights trying to fix the recompilers. Seems like leopard is very, very sensitive to stack alignment and in pcsx2 code there are lots of time when the stack is misaligned(what with inline asm everywhere). So far, i've managed to get japan bios 1.0 to run.

It runs on 15-20 fps, this is debug build of pcsx2, no dc/mgts. Is this roughly the same on windows? The interpreter mode is 2fps on this build

Yeah, video is up here

I've also managed to fix ffxii, so it now goes in-game :(

I’m posting a video but bear in mind that real fps are in pictures as seems like video recording takes its toll on performance.

No mtgs/dc as of yet, so performance is lacking

x11026bo1.png

x11023tl9.png

x11024fo2.png

Hi, i download the latest binary for the mac and i edited it with chmod +x, but whenever i try and run it, then i get the error message:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/gtkx11/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.0.dylib

Referenced from: /Users/bestbuy/Downloads/pcsx2 2/bin/pcsx2

Reason: image not found

Trace/BPT trap

Could someone please help me

i tried to look for it to download but i can't find anything

Hi, i download the latest binary for the mac and i edited it with chmod +x, but whenever i try and run it, then i get the error message:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/gtkx11/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.0.dylib

Referenced from: /Users/bestbuy/Downloads/pcsx2 2/bin/pcsx2

Reason: image not found

Trace/BPT trap

Could someone please help me

i tried to look for it to download but i can't find anything

I've the same problem as you.

First I've installed the latest x11 and (as zedr0n said in an answer to a pm) installed the nVidia CG Framework http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cg_toolkit.html

==>not working

Try to find out if it was possible to get a atk updated from mac ports

==>

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/gtkx11/lib/libatk-1.0.0.dylib

Referenced from: /Users/adrien/Desktop/pcsx2/bin/pcsx2

Reason: Incompatible library version: pcsx2 requires version 2210.0.0 or later, but libatk-1.0.0.dylib provides version 2010.0.0

Trace/BPT trap

Maybe I have to compile it myself from a svn to get the very latest version ??

--

So try again with the cg toolkit, maybe it's not working on my mac because I've done too many hacks ><

And I'm pretty sure that zedr0n is about to put a how-to on his website :D

Yep, i've compiled latest gtk myself from sources, because macports/fink aren't exactly 100% compatible. Hm, I can probably try compiling them in as static libs so that there is no need to compile anything. I'll try to do that in a few next days

Yep, i've compiled latest gtk myself from sources, because macports/fink aren't exactly 100% compatible. Hm, I can probably try compiling them in as static libs so that there is no need to compile anything. I'll try to do that in a few next days

;) cool stuff ^^

Hi everyone ^^

It's me again :P

Nice to see ffX on osX :)

Before the build of pcsx2 with static libs I thought it would be cool to compile gtk+ from subversion.

I've performed some search and I've found a cool script that do all the job for you.

The website explains you how to manage this, it's pretty cool, right here.

Finally I've succeeded to compile gtk+.

If you remember zedr0n's build requires libatk 2210.0.0

mine is libatk-1.0.0.2409.1.dylib.

So as 2409 > 2210 it should work.

But I've a path problem, when I launch Pcsx2 it looks in:

/usr/local/gtkx11/lib/ (libatk-1.0.0.dylib)

Actually my updated libs are in:

/Users/adrien/gtk/inst/lib (libatk-1.0.0.2409.1.dylib)

I don't want to make a massive apple+c apple+v so I taught there was somewhere a way to change that, maybe adding it in the PATH or in another var ?

So what should I do ? copy and overwrite or something else ?

Thanks again :D

The build of gtk+ you are referring to is an to do native(non-x11) version of gtk. I've tried it, unfortunately it doesn't work for pcsx2. And anyway, all opengl is using X11 so you would need x11 gtk for zerogs.

Yes, i seem to be using hardcoded paths for libs, the simplest way would be either to copy(it wouldn't overwrite anything anyway as gtkx11 doesn't exist by default) or symlink it.

Ok, i tried creating a binary which would work on other macs ;)

First, grab the gtk redistributable at http://pcsx2-mac.quant0r.com/files/gtk.tar.gz. When you unpack it you'll get two files:

gtk_dist.tgz

install_gtk.sh

Open Terminal, cd to the directory where these 2 files are and type ./install-gtk.sh

This would ask you for your password(because it would copy the files to /usr/local/gtkx11) and will also check if /usr/local/gtkx11 exists. If it does then you'll get a message

/usr/local/gtkx11 already exists, delete it if you are sure you want to replace it

and you would need to manually delete the directory if you want to replace it.

Second, you'll also need Nvidia CG Framework for mac which you can get here - http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cg_toolkit.html#downloads

Then you just get latest http://pcsx2-mac.quant0r.com/files/pcsx2.tar.gz, unpack it wherever, copy bios and launch pcsx2.

Please test because it does work on my mac(but I only moved my /usr/local/gtkx11 to another place for testing) but this is only for gtk dependencies I see.

Ok, dirty hacked the debug build into release build(removed -D_DEBUG from x86 directory makefile) and got a real speed boost - around 15-20 fps

x11001sx5.png

x11002ij8.jpg

for comparison no AA

x11005yu9.png

on the other hand, i've found the reason for the problem I've read elsewhere about - the ffx videos line problem. Seems like people thought it was mostly zerogs fault but it's something broken in release build - i.e. i didn't get the lines before but now

x11004lz9.png

well, at least it's 10fps faster