Has anyone gotten an ECS G31T-M mobo to work?

81 posts in this topic

I Got my G31T-M7 V.1.0 to run with the Modded Bios from The "M" version -

now running iAtkos v5 - sound works - graphics card works perfectly o: ( 9400 GT 1024mb @ 1680x1050 )

and my CPU too @ 2 Cores ( Intel Core 2 Duo E5200 @ 3,13ghz ) 

but the one thing that doesnt work is the Ethernet :(

Already tryed the Realtek RT1000 and the Intel /100 Drivers but both dont work :( 

Does anybody know another driver that could fit or run ??

I Got my G31T-M7 V.1.0 to run with the Modded Bios from The "M" version -

now running iAtkos v5 - sound works - graphics card works perfectly o: ( 9400 GT 1024mb @ 1680x1050 )

and my CPU too @ 2 Cores ( Intel Core 2 Duo E5200 @ 3,13ghz )

but the one thing that doesnt work is the Ethernet :P

Already tryed the Realtek RT1000 and the Intel /100 Drivers but both dont work :)

Does anybody know another driver that could fit or run ??

same problem here. also got an ECS G31T-M7 flashed it with the 'M' version.

sound is ok. but the resolution is only at 1024 x 768. how did you get it to work, tunecee?

i got a 9400 512mb GT.

ethernet is also not working.

• 1 month later...

Here's my current setup I'm working with

E5200 cpu (not overclocked yet)

ECS g31t-m9 motherboard (no bios flashed yet)

Geforce 7300gt pci-e video card

I've gotten atkos v7 10.5.7 to install and boot to a 80gb IDE HD. When I boot I have to put a '-v -f' in the options or it will hang on the apple screen. Once I get to the desktop, the sound works and the video seems to be fine. The issues I'm experiencing are as follows:

- sleep seems to cut the hard drive off but the cpu fan still spins and the desktop still displays (not sure if that's normal but would assume not?)

- restart function doesnt seem to work

- my ethernet doesnt work

- when I launch the DVD player it shuts down unexpectedly before loading

- only 1 cpu core shows up under my MAC info

Are there any fixes to the situations above and if so can any of you direct me to those solutions (I know updating with the modded BIOS is a fix but I don't know if that bios is for this board?) Also, is there some sort of program that I can download to my MAC so that it can basically test alot of features out for me? I'm new to all this MAC on Intel hardware thing, but so far its been fun exploring and testing.

Thanks!

Here's my current setup I'm working with

E5200 cpu (not overclocked yet)

ECS g31t-m9 motherboard (no bios flashed yet)

Geforce 7300gt pci-e video card

I've gotten atkos v7 10.5.7 to install and boot to a 80gb IDE HD. When I boot I have to put a '-v -f' in the options or it will hang on the apple screen. Once I get to the desktop, the sound works and the video seems to be fine. The issues I'm experiencing are as follows:

- sleep seems to cut the hard drive off but the cpu fan still spins and the desktop still displays (not sure if that's normal but would assume not?)

- restart function doesnt seem to work

- my ethernet doesnt work

- when I launch the DVD player it shuts down unexpectedly before loading

- only 1 cpu core shows up under my MAC info

Are there any fixes to the situations above and if so can any of you direct me to those solutions (I know updating with the modded BIOS is a fix but I don't know if that bios is for this board?) Also, is there some sort of program that I can download to my MAC so that it can basically test alot of features out for me? I'm new to all this MAC on Intel hardware thing, but so far its been fun exploring and testing.

Thanks!

After a while ob absence from the hackintosh scene (my machine was running well on 10.5.6) i've started surfing the forum again for latest developments and, most of all, snow leopard installation.

My main focus is on dstd-modding at the moment. I haven't done anything real yet, but played with various files and software to see how it works and what's possible.

So, especially for you, nafaught, here's the thing:

For me it looks like dsdt-patching can completely replace bios-flashing.

To solve the 1CPU Problem, for example, seems easy as pie.

The program "DSDT-Patcher" (look here) is a one-click-solution for that.

After patching, simply copy the dsdt.aml file to your bootloader (e.g. Chameleon, BootThink) and Leopard reads it like it was your Bios.

There are many more patches you can apply to your dsdt.aml, just read your way through the forums or have a look at the mac-program DSDTSE (no link at hand, just search). This is also a good address to have a first look at the dsdt-file's architecture. Definately recommended!

I will post my own results here (for my G31-T-M ver.1) as soon as I have any.

After a while ob absence from the hackintosh scene (my machine was running well on 10.5.6) i've started surfing the forum again for latest developments and, most of all, snow leopard installation.

My main focus is on dstd-modding at the moment. I haven't done anything real yet, but played with various files and software to see how it works and what's possible.

So, especially for you, nafaught, here's the thing:

For me it looks like dsdt-patching can completely replace bios-flashing.

To solve the 1CPU Problem, for example, seems easy as pie.

The program "DSDT-Patcher" (look here) is a one-click-solution for that.

After patching, simply copy the dsdt.aml file to your bootloader (e.g. Chameleon, BootThink) and Leopard reads it like it was your Bios.

There are many more patches you can apply to your dsdt.aml, just read your way through the forums or have a look at the mac-program DSDTSE (no link at hand, just search). This is also a good address to have a first look at the dsdt-file's architecture. Definately recommended!

I will post my own results here (for my G31-T-M ver.1) as soon as I have any.

Thanks mykalanui. Let me know what you find out or if you have any insights, files, etc... that I might be able to use on my system from your results!

• 2 months later...

I was able to successfully install iPC 10.5.6 on my ECS G31T-M v.1 which had the modded bios. I have a Core Q6600 with 4GB and a 60GB spare IDE drive. It could not identify the processor but all four cores are recognized. I used GUID and only had to check the Azalia sound driver and NVDarwin 512 to run my 8600GT 512 mb video card. Dual view with my 22 and 24 inch monitors was not a problem with full resolution. I also used cpus=1 during the initial install and ran -v -f after the reboot. Everything ran well and it even recognized my Logitech web cam. I was even able to do all the software updates up to version 10.5.8 using software update. The only problem that I'm aware of is with using Skype. My brother said the audio he is hearing had a lot of static during a video call but the images were crisp and clear. I also note one other problem, upon shutdown, the fans continue to run and I have to turn the system off manually to completely shut it down.