Ultimate Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 Rev1 Guide for Leopard

40 posts in this topic

Yes, use a patched kernel as reboot and shutdown wont work reliable with a vanilla kernel.My EFI string wont be of much use for you as they could be different if using a different gfx card. I added a com.apple.Boot.plist with the EFI string for onboard audio and networking as an attachment to my post...

Don't forget to rename it to com.apple.Boot.plist though as i could only upload it as a text file. :o

There are tons of tutorials on insanelymac.com and netkas.org.Writing another tutorial while there are a lot of really excellent tutorials available makes no sense to me. :P

Yeah sorry about that. thanks for your plist though! Network from sleep works a treat.

I found out how to do an EFI dump so I have whacked that into the plist instead of yours. Fingers crossed..!

9.3.0 from the 10.5.3 update.

Reboot doesn't work though, but shutdown sometimes works and other times don't. Sleep is perfect though.

On my system, sleep is not perfect. When I wake from sleep, I have to turn the nick card off and then back on to regain network connectivity. Shutdown does seem to work. This is frustrating because I had this functionality before I upgraded to 10.5.3. Oh well, I guess this is what it's like to have a hackintosh.

On my system, sleep is not perfect. When I wake from sleep, I have to turn the nick card off and then back on to regain network connectivity. Shutdown does seem to work. This is frustrating because I had this functionality before I upgraded to 10.5.3. Oh well, I guess this is what it's like to have a hackintosh.

You're using an additional driver or EFI strings for your network card?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Captain Nemo

Thanks for your great guide. I've got several issues with my build:

1) IDE DVD drive freezes the system only when burning DVDs: will deleting Jmicron.kext as you described help this? I had an earlier problem where I kept getting kernel panics, and I replaced my Jmicron.kext with another one I found somewhere on this forum. That issue is now solved, but not the issue with the IDE DVD drive.

2) I don't have sound in: will installing HDAenabler and ACinject help here?

3) I've got problems with iTunes sharing, iTunes remote for iPhone, and other seemingly bonjour services. You also described that this problem can be solved using the Reatek NIC patch. Will this help? My ethernet was working out of the box.

Sorry to ask questions you perhaps already answered. This is my main machine and I just want to be VERY careful with what I do.

Thanks a million again!

Great guide, captain!

I previously couldn't get the 10.5.5 to work on my kalyway base - this is the first thread I have come across with the terminal command to allow the .5 update. I was also successful putting the .6 update on, but now my primary disk 2nd partition has vanished, as well as my 2nd separate hard disk. Neither show up in diskutil - how would one go about fixing this? Could it be botched back together by some startup terminal command run from /etc/rc.local ? Im sure someone else must have had this?

I'm following this guide word for word, but after i finish the 10.5.5 update i get stuck at the apple logo with the loading animation non stop.

After that I booted in -v and it doesn't seem to be giving me any errors other than the last 2 lines saying something alone the lines of... jnl : unknown-dev: journal start/end pointers reset! and then something about appleiphone something about dependancies using 6.0

• 3 weeks later...

10.5.6 direct install works on :

GA-P35-DS3P rev. 1.0

C2D e4300

Nvidia 8600 GT

2 Go 667Mhz

250Go HDD connected on Jmicron

IDE NEC Drive (ND-3450A)

> BIOS : Put ON BOARD SATA in AHCI mode

> Create MBR partition in HFS+

> Select Jmicron kext, NVdarwin kext

THANKS insanelymac

Hi guys,

I've tried the "boot 132" method in the last week with different combinations in BIOS and hardware. It works absolutely amazing great. No more fear of system updates. All you need is a Leopard Retail DVD (which is about 6.1GB FYI). I'll begin creating a new tutorial for this much faster, more secure and eben more stable kind of installation.

So - please stay tuned!

Ciao

Nemo

• 5 months later...