ATI SB 200/400/450 - Targeted install disk - Leo4x200.iso

51 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks my man. Many thanks to you! I now will try this! The only release if work until now in my Acer was the Jas 10.4.8. Works great. Everything (no Qi/CE) and Power Management, my Athlon sometimes still very hot, but now i will try this. Thanks again! I think all the X200M owners send "Thank you"

Cheers!

SUCESS!!!!! Yes, works great!!!

Here my specs and what's working!!!

Machine: ACER Aspire 5040

Processor: Turion 2.0 Ghz ML-37 - Running ok in "About this Mac". Processor fan running ok (when i use the JaS 10.4.8, the fa is running full time and very hot).

RAM: 1,5 Gb Ram DDR 400 - Running ok in "About this Mac".

HD: 80Gb (Particioned with Windows XP -30GB and OS-X - 50Gb, dual boot, working great)

Lan: Realtek 8169 - Working ok, no patch needed!!!

Wireless: Atheros 5005 - Need to use the 10.4.5 Kext. After install the kext, the Wireless are detected like a Airport, but no way to activate it. The solution: Open your Safari and run Network Diagnostic. So, you can find your wireless network. Works great. No signal icon (appears no signal) in taskbar. Using this tutorial: (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=33089) Thanks Ergosteur!!!

Graphics Card: X200M Ati - Working ok, after use the Calisto003b (fixed). Resolutio 1280 x 800. No QE/CI, but here comes something interesting: the Dock, minimizing windows, etc., work to slow. So i find the App Mac Pilot, and disable some features, like the 3d Dock Style, etc., and my Leopard running great! Install the Divx codec and the Pirian (to subtitles, because i'm from Brazil) and th movies, (DIVX) works great! No way to play DVD... yet! In my bios, i set the graphics memory to 256mb, and are running ok, but in System Overview, appears just 48mb... i think if some guru work in this (like Callisto, etc) can make some diference to X200M users like us... Screen Savers does not work.. just the Mac Logo and Name Computer... in the 10.4.8 works ok... in Leopard, apperas a error message: Can't load the package... well, no problem... Hergoes the link: (http://omni.110mb.com/callisto/)

Power Management: When run the install DVD, i select the Normal Kernel, and my battery runs out in something like 20 minutes. Wheel, another install time and i select the Kernel Sleep... surprise: battery now, if i unplug the charger in 100%, goes up to 1:30 hours (:P:):P:)). But, if i turn on the laptop without the charger plugued, the battery goes in 30 minutes... Maybe because this is a AMD machine...

Sleep Mode: not working. If i put here in sleep mode using AC or in battery mode, the machine shutdown... no problem, but when i try to wake up, pressing the keyboard or mouse, the lap turns on, but just a black screen... i have to shut down pressing the Power button, and start again...

USB: working wverything fine... no problem... Pen-drives, usb mouses, works great!

Card Reader: no try yet!

CDRom/DVD Drive: Works great!!! Recognize my DVD rom without problems!!!!

Keyboard: Using the USInternational.bundle, i can use my keys for Brazilian Portuguese... no problem!!!

APPS: I have installed and working without problems:

- Microsoft Office 2008 Corporate Edition

- Toast Titanium 7.0.1

- Microsoft Messenger 7

- Remote Desktop Connection

- Divx Player and Codec

- Logmein Codec

- Firefox with Megaupload Update

- Mac Pilot: the cream is this APP... after disabling 3d features on dock, the system speed up so much!!!!! Here stay the tip: disable the 3d Dock Style... evetything goes great!!!!

Som my thanks to ToxiMac, for this great release, and to another guy who help me, Mark, in Marc's Blog (http://marc88.blogspot.com/2007/03/osx86-install-guide-for-x200-users.html). So, works great!!! The only things need some research are Video Drivers (QE/CI, or full memory), Sleep Mode and Battery Life... in the rest, working great!!!!

post-225011-1213448939_thumb.jpg

Well people.. last night, i try to update the kernel and OS X Version to 10.5.3... no luck... when start install, freeze up in 19%.. well, nothing to do, restart... after restart, the unlike KERNEL PANIC. I use the Zepyrhot APP and i think this happen because some kext (remember, i'm a X200M user) conflict with the board. Whell, i think the X200 users wait for Toxicmac (our hero) and Eddie11c (our big hero) to make some patch to x200M users... here stay my request to all the developers don't forget us!!! There is to many X200M users around here!!!! Again, thanks to all! I will put some info here about my experience with Leopard...

Another thing: Video playback (Divx) works ok, using 1280x800x32, but just running in a windows mode. In full screen, there is some relay in the video... If someone know how to change the amount of memory in System Overview, i think there is some boost using all memory. I set 256mb in my bios and appears just 48mb in Graphics Memory. Thanks to all!!! Slice, Prasys... stay in touch, my friends!!! We need your help!! Toxicmac, come back, my friend!!!

If someone have some question and if i could help, please, post it here!!! Let's help us!!!!

Sorry about my english... brazilian portuguese native language!!!!

Cheers!!!

Awesome work...

can you pm me or post the kext files only. I was able to get kalyway 10.5.2 dvd to install and boot using an external dvd player and externel drive. but it runs sloooooow. :-( can you upload the kext so i can place n my slow installed of MacOSX. Thanks for all the hard work.

I have an old Gateway/emachine laptop

amd mobile 64 3400+ sse2 ONLY :-(

ATI chipset x200 video (i think it's Sb400 or 480)

2gb pc2700 RAM

Well, something here i hate: you have to wai to much time to take some answer in some cases... well Linuxfreek, i don't have all the acknowledgement to help you, but i think your problem are the IOUSBFamily.kext or AppleonboardPCATA.kext. A question: you are using this (patched) version of ToxicMac? Or using a (normal) version Leo4allV3? I ask this because, if i try to run in my lap a "normal" version, i have 16 hours of install time... yes... unbeliaveble... but, using this "patched" ToxicMac version, i spend something like 35 minutes.... all the process... Well, i will post here my two .kext, the only two i have to changed to work in my install!!! Let's stay in touch, my friend... we have to make more "shakedown" here to people don't forget us!!!!! Hey developers... help us!!! your job it's to important... and all the X200M users are here to provide some feedback to you!!! I don't care if my Leopard give to me some Kernel Panic testing something... just the fact to can use this, in a AMD machine... it's wonderfull... so, make a re-install of the all things does not matter.

Another request: if ToxicMac told us about what's kext he stripped off in the original install, maybe we can "patch" another releases or maybe some upgrades... deleting the "problematic" kext's and addind the safe kext to us...

Well, let's wait... Linuxfreek, here go my two kext to try to help you!!! Remember about the CHMOD and CHOWN procedures after putting the kext's in Extensions folder...

To all people.. have a nice OSX day!!! A day running OSX.. thanks to all!!!

AppleOnboardPCATA.kext.zip

IOUSBFamily.kext.zip

Pericles Silva! thanks dude.

I had been trying diferrent distros like Leo, Kalyway, Zephozyl, ext. I was not able to get it to boot cause of the "Waiting for boot device" so i went and got a external usb dvd writer from compusa for $30 and external usb drive to install to since it dowsn't see my internal dvd or hard drive. and now i was able to bypass the root device error since i am installing to eternal hard drive using external dvd, bypassing the internal ata chipset :-(. :-) anyway, so i was only able to install using kalyway's dvd version 10.5.2_intel_amd. once it installed...about 4 hours latter hehe... well after reboot it kept giving me kernel panic errors so i fixed them by removing the ones that didn't work. just boot with "-legacy -v -x -f" so that it rebulds the kext cache and if you get error then u can see why. :-) *** MUST use -legacy or you will never be able to boot. :-)

I will try these 2 kext and if it works i will post the instructions on how to make it work on an ATI x200 system.

Great my friend!!! Well, another question: your HDD are Sata? or Pata? I ask because there are some improvements to make in a Sata Controller... well, waiting your tests... hope we can help!!!! And again, thanks to all!!!

awesome dude... i got it working

so i had to delete all the ATI kext before it would boot to desktop. also had to use Katana dmg to allow me to change resolution. so now i have a working leopard on this old amd sse2 only cpu and the stupid ati x200 chipset. anyway i just wanted to try it out and see if i could build a desktop based on amd processor so YEAH baby :-)

my hard drive is old PATA not sata

That's great!!! Congratulations, my friend!!!! Cool... i'm very happy for you!!! So, it's working!!! Cool.. my brother, what's you graphics card? I use here Callisto, because i have a X200M card...

Well, put here your impressions about the performance and if you can, a desktop picture to us!!!! Use the Pre-View with the Screen Capture... folks, i'm waiting for a new release... so i will try to make the steps of our friend ToxicMac, removing all the ATA kexts, putting the safe USBFamily.kext. Before this, i'm waiting to try the update to Kernel 10.5.3... Last night, i finnaly can use it the Time Machine... i put a USB Hard Disk Drive, using a Samsung SATA driver, works great. So i make a Time Machine Backup. After, i start the machine using the Leo4all disk and i make a Image from my HDD partition to another partition of the USB HDD. Well, now i'm ready to ty all the possibilities... I will try to upgrade to the new version, and i put here the results...

Cool my friend!!! Let's help us togheter... it's the only way to make this old chipset (X200) runs ok!!!!

Thanks to all!! Linuxfreek, my congrats to you friend!!!

Hi,

I have the same problem with my targa/AMD Notebook. The installation with Kaly 10.5.2 went just fine, but then post install the system runs so sloooow. I will try the two kexts from Pericles Silva and hopefully this will result in a useable sytem.

Dumb question: How to get the ATI x700 mobile grfx to work?

Greetings

Wolfgang

Wolfgang, try to replace your IOUSBFamily.kext. Don't forget to set the rights parameters to the file aftwr you replace it:

chmod -R 755 IOUSBFamily.kext

chown -R root:wheel IOUSBFamily.kext

rm -r Extensions.mkext

I have the same problem, and when i replace the IOUSBFamily.kext, all goes fine!!!

People, recently news!!! I make the upgrade to he new version, 10.5.3 and it's working fine!!!! Thanks to Zeph about the update tool and to Bhast2 of the Leo4allwiki Forum, who make the step by step to upgrade the Kernel version. Here goes the link (http://leo4all.uni.cc/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=73)

Firts, install the 2_Kalyway_10.5.3Kernel.pkg, and after this, run the Zeph Update tool and voilá!!! After patching 47 files, your system becames 10.5.3. Don't panic if in boot time the computer restart automatically. Well, in my first try, i destroy my install. In the second, runs ok. Try at your own risk. But, don't fear... just the fact or run this O.S. here, pays the install time.

People, let's help us togheter!!! We need a help from each one!!! Every question it's important. Developers, releasers and "Hackintosh" gurus, listen to us: WE ARE NOT DEAD. The X200M users deserve some info too. Don't leave us alone here... we need help from you!!!

People, here goes my screen of the 10.5.3 update!!!!

post-225011-1213808405_thumb.jpg

Vbetts, how are you my friend? Well, i don't know if this release (maded by ToxicMac) will work on another machine, but i think yes! On the Pirate (you know), you can find it!!! I think there is no problem to try to use this release with another machine instead of SBXXX... But, remember, the base for this release are from Leo4allV3 (thanks Eddie) and i think, if you have Leo4all, you can use it. What's your desktop board? Based in what?

Thanks for support our discussion here, my friend!!! All opinnions and questions are welcome. I say in another post, i don't have all the answers, but i have curiosity and try to help anyone hee. I'm a noob in OSX, but i'm trying. People, for all those who have sucess in install, please, post a screenshot of your desktop, with "About this Mac"!!!

Thanks to all!!!

What I'm asking is if this release works for the SB200? That's what my motherboard is based off of, but here is my mobo details.

Asus A8R-MX/SI

Specs from Newegg

Model

Brand ASUS

Model A8R-MX/SI

Supported CPU

CPU Socket Type 939

CPU Type Athlon 64 X2 / Athlon 64 FX / Athlon 64

FSB 1000MHz Hyper Transport (2000 MT/s)

Chipsets

North Bridge ATI Radeon Xpress 200

South Bridge ULi M1573

Memory

Number of Memory Slots 4×184pin

Memory Standard DDR 400

Maximum Memory Supported 4GB

Dual Channel Supported Yes

Expansion Slots

PCI Express x16 1

PCI Express x1 1

PCI Slots 2

Storage Devices

PATA 2 x ATA100 4 Dev. Max

SATA 3Gb/s 4

SATA RAID 0/1/0+1/5

Onboard Video

Onboard Video Chipset ATI Radeon X300-based 2D/3D

Onboard Audio

Audio Chipset Realtek ALC880

Audio Channels 8 Channels

Onboard LAN

LAN Chipset Marvell 88E8053

Max LAN Speed 10/100Mbps

Rear Panel Ports

PS/2 2

COM 1

LPT 1

Video Ports D-Sub

USB 4 x USB 2.0

Audio Ports 6 Ports

Onboard USB

Onboard USB 4 x USB 2.0

Physical Spec

Form Factor Micro ATX

Dimensions 9.6" x 9.6"

Features

Power Pin 24 Pin

There is also an error in this. From what I understand, that's not the network adapter featured on my mobo. It's a ULI based network adapter, but I don't know what.

If I can't download this, I would atleast like the chipset kexts to gain full function of 0sx86 and my mobo.

I have a laptop with the ATI Xpress 200M SB450 chipset. i used the katana to allow me to change my resolutions to 1280x800. Does anyone know how i can activate my second monitor connected to the laptop and change the resolution on that external monitor. currently the only thing i can do is mirror display but my external monitor does not show the resolution correct. :-(

Well.... Vbetts, i really don't lnow if this release will work to you... but i think the only kexts you need to change, for a faster system, are the IOUSBFamily and the AppleOmboardPCATA... you have used another release in you pc? Wich problems you have? Slow system? No sound? No video?

So, Linuxfreek, i think you need some application to make it work. Try to use DispayConfigX or SwitchRes. I think it's the onle (and safe) way to make it work.

DisplayConfigX.dmg

Well mainly I have nothing to identify my chipset so I can get things like full speed of OSx86. I have gotten video and audio to work before, but network is another story, as I can't find what the real network adapter is on this mobo. It reads as a Marvell 88E8053, however It's not, and I've figured that out for myself many times. I have used Zephiroths Osx86, the first version he released booted, but really slow, the second release didn't give me any access to the keyboard, as it didn't know there was any access.

Vbetts, i have the same problem: no keyboard and no mouse, only if i use a external device. So, i can fix that after use the IOUSBFamily.kext. And after this, my system speeds up dramatically. Try this! And tell to us your experience. Thanks brother!

Alright, so the IOUSBFamily.kext did the exact opposite for me with my hardware, it didn't give me access to keyboard/mouse. It did however seem to bootup faster, but nothing really that gets it going sadly.

• 1 month later...

Hi all. I've been trying to pick up the leo4x200 iso but the torrent is running REALLY SLOW.. HINT HINT

On a side note as far as creating a working Leo install dvd I have the kexts I used to get my 10.4.8 install disc going. repacking the extensions.mkext with usable kexts. But my big question is can I use the kexts that I have, that are for "10.4.8" in a 10.5.x leo install using a similar method. Injecting my kexts for tiger and removing other non-x200 kexts????

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

Could some one do a new x200 release leo or tiger ?

Because i think that for some reason this version isn`t very frequent used and my personal favourite is tiger and while i`ve tried tiger and leo on my fujitsu siemens i think that tiger ist most suitable for Mac os because of its low class

• 2 weeks later...

Leopard OSX 10.5.2 image: Leo4x200.iso (based on image: Leo4allv3. In leo4x200 added kexts ATIx200 Calisto v003b and SB400)

Proc AMD Turion 1.6Mhz | RAM 1,2 GB DDR | mainboard MSI-1013 ATI SB400 RS480 | Disk 60GB ATA

Graphics ATI Xpress 200M -> (ATI X200) - resolution 1280x800 12" - working OK with Katana - no QE/CI

My install: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph....2F_SIM2000_.2F

• 3 months later...

ToxicMac, reading this I think you might have the same machine as me, Compaq v2000. I have an AMD Turion64 1.8. any further recommendations?

Community, please seed... stuck at 87% download for weeks... already uploaded 5x ratio so I'm not the only one who wants this! SEEEEEEEEEEEED PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE :D